Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...for President!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

amdublin wrote: »
    I swear to god if that gangster runs for President I'm taking to the streets to protest.

There are stupid people out there who will vote for him. We cannot let this happen.

Yes, well this is the reason the rest of us are reluctant to protest, who wants to be associated with the hard core groups that hijack these protests. (want an explanation of which groups I mean?=check out any of the recent Tony Blair book signing threads).

He should be in prison. End of. Bertie Aherne is epitome of Scumbag for what he did and did not do during his tenure. The very fact he is swanning around courting the media dreaming up more delicious ego fulfilling stuff like being president is just abhorrent to people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Darlughda wrote: »
    Yes, well this is the reason the rest of us are reluctant to protest, who wants to be associated with the hard core groups that hijack these protests. (want an explanation of which groups I mean?=check out any of the recent Tony Blair book signing threads).

He should be in prison. End of. Bertie Aherne is epitome of Scumbag for what he did and did not do during his tenure. The very fact he is swanning around courting the media dreaming up more delicious ego fulfilling stuff like being president is just abhorrent to people.

Yeah you're right. And I certainly don't want to be associated with any hard core groups. I'm thinking more peaceful silent protest......something has to be done or he will slither his way in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Prick would probably win the ****ing thing knowing our beloved Isle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

He's wasting his time and our's. Sling your hook Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

As sad as it is, loads of people would vote for him. Sure on Joe Duffy today there were plenty of callers defending charlie haughey

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

raymon wrote: »
    Ivor and Bertie robbed my tax money - scumbags

it was just resting in Ivors account because bertie didn't have one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Bertie would get votes but not enough to become President. Who can blame him for going because he knows he has people that would vote for him regardless of what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Next time I see him, I'm throwing This at him, there's no point making a simple gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Mr Ahern said it was "a crying shame" that plans to build the so-called 'Bertie Bowl' did not proceed and described it as one of the worse mistakes to occur while he was taoiseach.

I cannot believe he said this. WTF!!! He is beyond belief. I hope I live long enough to see him buried, and arthritis not withstanding I will do what that youtube guy did on Haughey's grave except I will score all 10s and not 3.1s and 2.9s like dancing guy did. In fact, I will dance on Haughey's grave as well on behalf of my mother who isn't that spry any more.

That comment has made my blood boil in a way none of the rest of the mess has done and that is saying something.

If you want peaceful protests put us mothers at the front. We are well used to keeping order and I'll kick the shite out of any little bollix who tries to make trouble.

But I think at this stage I am gone beyond peaceful protest and would like to show my rage and hatred in a different way* for the fuckers, who by the way I didn't vote in, who aided and abetted us into this mess and who are now telling us to eat shit instead of cake.

Ah ! ça ira, ça ira, ça ira

It'll be fine, It'll be fine, It'll be fine
    aristocrats to the lamp-post
    the aristocrats, we'll hang them!
    If we don't hang them
    We'll break them
    If we don't break them
    We'll burn them
    We have no more nobles nor priests

Ah! It'll be fine, It'll be fine, It'll be fine.
    Equality will reign everywhere
    The Galway hure shall follow him
    Ah! It'll be fine, It'll be fine, It'll be fine
    And their infernal Golden clique
    Shall go to hell
    And when we'll have hung them all
    We'll stuff a spade up their arse

God, weren't the French gas people. Awful altogether. :D

*Isn't the price of petrol a fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

No, the man didnt 'rob' yer money.

He managed to get shooe inned to power, at the right time, being the jammie bastárd that he is, then proceeded to ride the crest of the wave that was nothing to do with him, and buried himself in corruption and everything that is abhorrent to the idea of justice, social equality, and what in the long term could be good for a country.

All Bertie lovers are into the celebrity what is the best thing to be seen in vaccuous society.. etc. Despicable half wits, in my opinion. Xfactor enthusiasists who lack brain cells. To say the least.

Nonetheless, various half wits like to extoll the virtues of Bertie because they could not believe their luck.

Well you keep reading the princess cecilia novels because that is the fiction you live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Good news for some!

David Norris will probably run, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Good news for some!

David Norris will probably run, too.

Woohoo, we'll have a Queen as head of state!!

Wonder how the shinners will take it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Einhard wrote: »
    Woohoo, we'll have a Queen as head of state!!

Wonder how the shinners will take it?!

Not that his sexuality is anyway relevant , I reckon he would be a good President.

Kasabian wrote: »
    Not that his sexuality is anyway relevant , I reckon he would be a good President.

Yeah he would. And probably has a sense of humour too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Kasabian wrote: »
    Not that his sexuality is anyway relevant

What title does the male partner of a president have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know I wouldn't put it the past the electorate of this country to make him president, the amount of dip****s I hear saying "Bring Bertie back!" is unreal. It's as if the recession magically happened once Cowen took over, forget about the previous decade that led us to this point why don't you. :rolleyes:

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    What title does the male partner of a president have ?

Housebound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I didn't realise we got to vote for president in this country? :confused: I wouldn't vote for him but that's ok. Even in these shítty times there's still enough FF gombeens hiding in their closets to make sure this scumbag gets in by a landslide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

ah now c,mon. that money was just resting in his bank account

do we vote for the President of Ireland?
    I'm 25 and don't ever remember hearing of a vote for President, so how do they get elected?

must be straws

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

ah now c,mon. that money was just resting in his bank account

do we vote for the President of Ireland?
    I'm 25 and don't ever remember hearing of a vote for President, so how do they get elected?

must be straws
    Well considering McAleese assumed office in 1997, you wouldn't have been old enough to vote for her. Probably why you don't remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

ah ok, that makes sense, just don't ever remember hearing about a vote for President, thought that was just for Americans.

so the presidency in Ireland works similiar to the government, once your in power, you will be in power for 20 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think we should have someone that's not in politics at all just to deliver a smack in the face to those cúnts in the Dail.
    I don't want to see any TD whatever being handed a plushy job and being well paid for it.
    And the problem is if no one really went for it to compete against Bertie the bastard could win it...and we definitely don't want to see that smug traitor win it.
    Let an ordinary citizen go for it and I'll vote for him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Bertie will have a word in Nicky's ear and get Westlife to plug his bid for presidency and sure oul Jay and Rocco will be put out at every hands turn to show what a great granda oul Bertie the bollix is.

I have probably said this before but I hate Bertie with a passion that frightens me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just some facts on Bertie:

* He has a state car and driver to ferry him around Dublin and still Bertie Ahern gets paid on top of that, a "constituency travel allowance" since he stood down as taoiseach.

* Ahern gets additionally paid €2,500 national travel expenses, the same amount as other TDs in geographically small constituencies. This is on top of his annual salary as a deputy, cut to €92,500 a year, and his pension as a former taoiseach, which is €83,250 a year.

* He is entitled to two secretaries at expense allowance for each of 50,000 a year till 2012 - after that his qualification for secretaries is reduced down to one.

* He gets a mobile phone for life with an additional allowance of 5,700 a year for that. He does NOT have to produce paperwork for it.

* Ahern received severance pay worth €68,000 after he stepped down as Taoiseach.

* In addition, Ahern gets a miscellaneous expenses allowance of €5,000, again paid with his salary and with no need for receipts.

* Some €200,000 was spent by the Office of Public Works fitting out a suite of offices for Ahern after he stood down as taoiseach and vacated Government Buildings. The suite includes an office for Ahern, one for his secretaries, a bathroom, waiting room and storage area. The bill included furnishings, as well as crockery and cutlery.

* Bertie is so busy with his own personal business that sometimes he misses out on votes of national importance such as one last year on reforms to social security cut backs - he chose instead to go to Kerry for a book-signing session in Killarney (which by the way he got 400,000 advance from the publishers - and because he's a "writer", tax free laws apply!).

* Other present earnings come from a 2 newspapers for writing for them occasionally and in one case weekly, an international-property company directorship, the lucrative universal lecture circuit and being just a guest at dinners as well as a speaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Sure why not....not like the Prez does much anyway except open stuff. I think it should be a 5 horse race between him, Bob Geldof, Gay Byrne, Eamonn Dunphy & Dave McSavage in a dress :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sure why not....not like the Prez does much anyway except open stuff. I think it should be a 5 horse race between him, Bob Geldof, Gay Byrne, Eamonn Dunphy & Dave McSavage in a dress :pac:

You do know it's for the President of Ireland..not Biggest Wanker in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Like brown envelopes for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    You do know it's for the President of Ireland..not Biggest Wanker in Ireland

Louis Walsh had that title sewn up long ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't like Bertie but maybe the presidency would be a good place for him: plenty of ego stroking but no actual power...

EDIt by good I mean safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

ObamaHellNo.jpg

Advertisement