Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Go home ya Polish bastard"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Wasza matka

I dunno, wazka matka with you??

without meaning to generalise too much but they are well able to handle themselves

Without meaning to generalise too much why is it loads of Irish folk think the Polish lads are well able to handle themselves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nodin wrote: »
    Depending where you drink, it can be suprisingly common. You'll find that it happened with the same sort when they didn't have Poles, Latvians, Nigerians and whatever to single out.

+1,000.

Race is the pretext. If we had no immigration it would be Culchies etc.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    You can have so much fun with the entire f off Irish thing in Oz land!!!! :D

I've told to get back to Poland once or twice. To which I reply "Bit fecking hard since I am from Ireland" Mouths usually hit the floor. Apparently I look Polish :confused: so they just assume I am.

Do you sew your pockets? Perhaps it was because you ran to the loo when it was your turn to buy a round? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Do you sew your pockets? Perhaps it was because you ran to the loo when it was your turn to buy a round? :D

I don't drink, thats probably why they wouldn't believe I was Irish ;) And I still go in on rounds, when I do go to the pub (very seldom)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Been called a Welsh twat in my time over here, by a neighbour too, I was quite pleased to be honest, if that's the best they can do I'm not doing too much wrong.. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

K-9 wrote: »
    +1,000.

Race is the pretext. If we had no immigration it would be Culchies etc.

Or you 'fat bastard' / 'skinny ****er', 'shortarse' / 'lanky git' etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I think the biggest problem that people have with any Eastern European migrants is due to the fact that alot of them don't try to integrate and socialize with the local community. There is still alot of unknowns regarding the typical Pole, Latvian etc.. A number houses around me have families from east europe and unless they have very young kids that are in school and they then hang around with the local kids we very rarely speak to the parents.

Here's an idea, why don't you try speaking to them? They may have had bad experiences with some racist Irish gombeens so tend to stick to themselves.

Seeing as they are new to this country, the onus is really on the Irish to try to make them welcome. I've got quite a few Polish friends (Russians, Latvians and Lithuanians too) and find them friendly and welcoming, much more so than Irish people in some cases (plus their parties are usually better)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I don't drink, thats probably why they wouldn't believe I was Irish ;) And I still go in on rounds, when I do go to the pub (very seldom)

Do you sport a camp style hair style, or Wurzel chin fluff? Or is it something to do with that famous eastern glum (don't speak to me - no personality) look?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Do you sport a camp style hair style, or Wurzel chin fluff? Or is it something to do with that famous eastern glum (don't speak to me - no personality) look?:o

Hey :p I have plenty personality!:D

What's a camp style hair style???:confused:

And the problem with me is I am normally smiling and over chirppy, which again not an Irish trait!!!!

Apparently, I have been told, it is my facial bone structure :confused: high cheek bones, whatever that has to do with anything. I have seen people from all over the world wide them!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Obaraten wrote: »
    I had this hurled at me on friday night at the night club while i was talking to some friends,some random guy walks over and starts to try his absolute best to start a row before fecking off somewhere else to try again,i dont know if he succeeded i find it sad if this is how some people get their kicks:(

My sister and her friends were hanging around in their usual group when a neighbor from the locality approached them and started screaming at them to go home to Poland, she started ranting and raving at them about how they are ruining the economy...etc

problem was my sister and ALL her friends are Irish, they all may be blonde and tanned but are 100% Irish....and 14 years old!!!

so i wouldn't worry about that guy targeting you because your Polish those mad people are targeting everyone! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Here's an idea, why don't you try speaking to them? They may have had bad experiences with some racist Irish gombeens so tend to stick to themselves.

Seeing as they are new to this country, the onus is really on the Irish to try to make them welcome. I've got quite a few Polish friends (Russians, Latvians and Lithuanians too) and find them friendly and welcoming, much more so than Irish people in some cases (plus their parties are usually better)

Dont really want to to be honest

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

RoverJames wrote: »
    Without meaning to generalise too much why is it loads of Irish folk think the Polish lads are well able to handle themselves ?

Because they all live on steriods. Seriously, have rarely heard of one that isn't on them and you can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

DB10 wrote: »
    Because they all live on steriods. Seriously, have rarely heard of one that isn't on them and you can see it.

Ehh none of the lads I know are on steroids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kerryabu

Hey i love our polish friends but here's a tip!

Dont come across as arrogant and unaproachable.

Simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thats one of the strangest comments I've come across......
    kerryabu wrote:
    Hey i love our polish friends but here's a tip!

Dont come across as arrogant and unaproachable.

Simple! .

Thats hardly something that could be directed at the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I think the biggest problem that people have with any Eastern European migrants is due to the fact that alot of them don't try to integrate and socialize with the local community. There is still alot of unknowns regarding the typical Pole, Latvian etc.. A number houses around me have families from east europe and unless they have very young kids that are in school and they then hang around with the local kids we very rarely speak to the parents.
    Originally Posted by --Kaiser--
    Dont really want to to be honest

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

We now have yet another Polish man fighting for his life in Beaumont hospital after been savagely beaten while on his way to work. This is another shocking despicable incident which although not confirmed, in my book is a racist crime in addition to the horrendous racist attacks/murders we have had in the last few years. It would appear that these have been forgotten.

This is a regular occurrence in this country. This is shameful and reflects the underlying hatred/racisms that exist in Ireland today. Of course, this is not the beliefs of the majority of Irish but there is a very high percentage.

Throw away silly stereotypical remarks about Polish People/foreign nationals is just feeding this evil racist monster – there is no joke here. This is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Because they all live on steriods.
    I've never been taking any asteroids*, does that count?

* Although it does not change the fact that I look gorgeous and can handle myself :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Chinasea wrote: »
    We now have yet another Polish man fighting for his life in Beaumont hospital after been savagely beaten while on his way to work. This is another shocking despicable incident which although not confirmed, in my book is a racist crime in addition to the horrendous racist attacks/murders we have had in the last few years. It would appear that these have been forgotten.

This is a regular occurrence in this country. This is shameful and reflects the underlying hatred/racisms that exist in Ireland today. Of course, this is not the beliefs of the majority of Irish but there is a very high percentage.

Throw away silly stereotypical remarks about Polish People/foreign nationals is just feeding this evil racist monster – there is no joke here. This is shocking.

Is it known it was a race attack? Look at the amount of poles here what 400,000. Statistically a few of them will be murdered. Sad but very true. It happens everywhere like the few irish who have died in australian street brawls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

There's idiots everywhere don't listen to them i am irish and have a few polish friends. Don't let it get to you. Sounds like some uneducated bigot. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

my issue is they don't look foreign. i like my foreigners to at least look foreign, particularly the fanny. not like some chav on juice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

padma wrote: »
    Is it known it was a race attack? Look at the amount of poles here what 400,000. Statistically a few of them will be murdered. Sad but very true. It happens everywhere like the few irish who have died in australian street brawls etc.

Agree, padma, but I wonder if the 400,000 figure refers to Eastern Europeans rather than Poles?

From the (unreliable) Wiki article on Poland:
    According to the 2006 Census, there are 63,090 Poles living in Ireland, constituting the largest ethnic minority, after British nationals, in the country. These figures reflect official numbers of Poles who have settled permanently in Ireland and is likely to be an underestimation of the total number of Poles actually living in Ireland, whether officially and permanently or otherwise. And it is thought that this number could be as high as 200,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

prob more like 400,000 eastern europeans, but sure there all the same, former russians :p just joking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just seen on news there that polish guy died. Maybe not due to him being polish though. I go to work around 3am and often encounter dodgey people. Scumbags are generally scumbags to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Slunk wrote: »
    Just seen on news there that polish guy died.

Bad news and now bad title for this thread, lest the two get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Slunk wrote: »
    Just seen on news there that polish guy died. Maybe not due to him being polish though. I go to work around 3am and often encounter dodgey people. Scumbags are generally scumbags to everyone

Yes so true I drive to work around 4am and always meet scumbags walking infront of the car, its shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

A mate of mine has just returned from Poland. (followed one of those hot Polish birds to her mommas )

From what I hear from him, he received a lot worse than GO HOME from our Polish friends when trying to find work on sites over there.

Food for thought.

Maybe its not an Irish thing, there are arse holes everywhere>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Originally Posted by Slunk
    Just seen on news there that polish guy died

im sorry to hear that terrible news
    just a man trying to better himself and do an honest days work
    is this what we have come to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement