Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Go home ya Polish bastard"

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

There's a lot of idiots out there

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

So some guy shouted at you? Could have been a whole lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

id say 99% or irish people have no problem with polish people, they're hilarious, very similar to us Irish, i suppose you always get one or two acting the magget, doesnt matter where ur from, england, poland, dublin! i wouldnt get too upset over it man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Is a dangerous way to get your kicks. Says it to enough people and he is gonna run into a Polish fella at some stage and without meaning to generalise too much but they are well able to handle themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dave 27 wrote: »
    id say 99% or irish people have no problem with polish people

I've no problem with polish people myself, but those Polish people are another matter entirely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Obaraten wrote: »
    I know it could have but i just find it strange that this randomer would come over to a group of lads trying his best to start a row

If you've been in Ireland more than 2 weeks, i find THIS strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

I know it could have but i just find it strange that this randomer would come over to a group of lads trying his best to start a row

this is not strange. at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

They need to Polish up their attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You find it strange? Do you go out to pubs and nightclubs ever?
    Happens in every town in Ireland. And probably towns in Poland too, everywhere realy.

If you were from another county and this lad knew it you would have been told to go home also.

Just looking for a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

I had this hurled at me on friday night at the night club while i was talking to some friends,some random guy walks over and starts to try his absolute best to start a row before fecking off somewhere else to try again,i dont know if he succeeded i find it sad if this is how some people get their kicks:(

First off, I think its brilliant you used the term 'hurled':)

Secondly, would not cast a second thought to that clown....merely looking for a reaction and fair play for not giving him one (although I would not hold it against you if you did) I would imagine the fact that you are polish was immaterial and he just wanted a fight....complete numbty!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've often meet knobs like that out, if Your not Polish, you are a culche or insert any other here. Friday and saturdays nights are full of knob heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Seriously, the drink problems some people have they'd walk up to a wall and try to argue with it. Dont let it bother you. Just be proud you didint take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There's always a few of these about the place alright, their anger and rage originates from their own stupidity and ignorance. It's nothing to do with your nationality though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Wasza matka

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I've had people in Dublin say it to me to go home to Northern Ireland.

And it is usually the most "fuck the Brits, United Ireland, IRA" types who say it.

It's just someone who'll always find someone to hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

My mother was getting petrol in her usual petrol station a couple of years ago and the young lad behind the counter (new guy) took exception to her slight deafness and fumbling with coins (her fingers are gnarled with arthritis). He muttered, "Go home, you stupid refugee." The manager who was standing close by and heard him told him, "She's more Irish than you are and for longer than you've been alive." The lad didn't work there for too much longer.

OP, did you take acception to being called Polish?

I live in Spain and a lot of people can be racist. Just recently i was called a "****ing Irish".

But it's true, i AM Irish. And i found it funny that this guy thought he could slag me off by pointing out I am from the country of Ireland!

I just laughed at him!

I was in Lidl one day a few years back and there was this rough looking couple that were loading their items on to the conveyor belt at the till. In comes this black African lady who starts putting hers on as well, without realising that the couple in front of her hadn't finished putting theirs on - honest mistake as they were moving bloody slowly. Cue the woman hurling abuse at her telling her to get off, you black bitch and to go back to your own country. The whole exchange went on for about 10 minutes, with "go back to your own country" or some variant being repeated about a dozen times.

The somewhat funny thing is that they had English accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

You should have provided him with a light beating, nothing too serious... for his own good really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

There's a load of idiots who go out each night looking for a fight. I was walking home around 9pm the other night and overheard a few lads who were obviously heading out to a club;

Idiot: "I'm gonna get into a fight tonight, I can't feel it"

His Friend: "Ah now, don't"

Idiot: "I can't stop it, I just know I'm going to"

Fruitcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

To be honest OP, drunken morons just shout things out of "divilment" and stupidity. It doesn't matter if you're Polish or whatever. They'll look for someone to have a go at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

fight club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Sorry to hear that. I get the same up North all the time, except its not Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I remember I got racial abuse when I was over in Poland.
    Ye didn't see me starting a thread about it on the internet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Crockets in Ballina were refusing Poles because of a fight. Believe me there is a lot of prejudice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MrStuffins wrote: »
    OP, did you take acception to being called Polish?

I live in Spain and a lot of people can be racist. Just recently i was called a "****ing Irish".

But it's true, i AM Irish. And i found it funny that this guy thought he could slag me off by pointing out I am from the country of Ireland!

I just laughed at him!

I suspect he was using Irish as shorthand for drunk, violent, taking our women/apartments etc ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I was out in Belfast and was called a "Free State bastard" :(
    I wasn't doing anything wrong, just overheard my bogger midlands accent

Realy OP, if you weren't Polish you would have been called something else. Anything just to get a reaction

mike65 wrote: »
    I suspect he was using Irish as shorthand for drunk, violent, taking our women/apartments etc ;)

Well in this case he was wrong......... well, about the women part anyway :(

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I got that shouted at me by a homeless guy in town because I wouldnt give him money. Im from Dublin...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement