Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Go home ya Polish bastard"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

johnn wrote: »
    lol, was anything not racist ever likely to follow this statement

What like- 'I'm not racist but, Martin Luther King is my personal hero.'

No, I never heard anybody say anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

You can't educate pork fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

doolox wrote: »
    It is a human reaction to feel anger towards those who are powerless and different and new to the work scene. The real anger should be directed at the politicians and those in positions of influence who allowed free access to our labour markets to happen in the first place.

The loudmouths in pubs are only saying out loud what a lot of Irish people are thinking quietly to themselves but are too afraid to say.
    'It is a human reaction to feel anger towards those who are powerless'
    That happens, it's called 'kicking the dog', but only idiots do it.
    I tend to get angry at people who deserve it.
    'The loudmouths in pubs are only saying out loud what a lot of Irish people are thinking quietly to themselves but are too afraid to say. '
    And now we know how you feel.
    You are not Irelands voice, so keep it to yourself.
    'free access to our labour markets', What a crock.
    Cheap labour, more like. Also, the Irish enjoy free access to labour markets all over the world.
    Blame the greedy employers who take on Polish people coz they'll work for less. Nothing really to do with the topic though, is it? One drunken yob does not a racist nation make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Obaraten wrote: »
    I know it could have but i just find it strange that this randomer would come over to a group of lads trying his best to start a row

And you've been living in Ireland how long exactly?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

What like- 'I'm not racist but, Martin Luther King is my personal hero.'

No, I never heard anybody say anything like that.

now that would be Reverse-Racism

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    It really bugs me. At least be honest that you are about to make a racist comment, if you really believe in what your saying why would you care if its racist or not.

To be fair, I do sympathise with people who've lost their jobs or had their standard of living reduced by cheaper foreign labour. I know some people dispute that this happens, but just from anecdotal evidence (from friends and family) I believe that it does. I'm definitely not excusing racism from these people, and I always call them on it when they something I think is racist, but I can understand why they're upset.

But when somebody says something like the idiot said to the OP, or 'I hate reading the opinions of Polish people' (:confused:, why?) like Donal above, then thats just quite ignorant imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I'm not racist, but I'm getting sick of how these people keep pushing their opinions on everyone. Every Sunday - the Poles say this, the Poles said that - I don't care how satisfied they are with Enda Kenny, and I don't understand why the medya are so obsessed with their random east European thoughts.

Do people really not see the joke here? :confused:

Try reading it out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I was in college I was a night porter at weekends.
    So finish college on Friday, bus trip home and into work Friday night and then Saturday night. So Saturday morning it's more then 24 hours awake
    €12 a hour, not too shabby for a student job.
    But I was worth it, you work on your own, 180 plus residents, a resident bar, the lobby and bar to clean and provide security for the entire hotel.....on your own.

Complained to management, I needed help, this is too much for one person.
    Sure I'd have the gardai down at least once every weekend to eject people.

No problem. They hired a Latvian guy, good worker.
    I got my €12 an hour and he got €7.65 an hour.
    After a few weeks and he was competant, guess what?
    I was told there was no more hours for me and the Latvian lad took over my job :(

I don't blame the guy. I blame the greedy management who will let go experienced staff for the sake of a few euro.
    I was only working weekends, not like I was pulling hundreds and hundreds a week!

I'm sure some right winger will step in and say I earned too much and cost of doing business in Ireland is too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

onlyrockandroll,...have you ever had a nightmare...that you're intellectual capacity, was in reality, only a tiny fracton of what you hoped it might be?

Oh no you Didn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'm not racist, but I'm getting sick of how these people keep pushing their opinions on everyone. Every Sunday - the Poles say this, the Poles said that - I don't care how satisfied they are with Enda Kenny, and I don't understand why the medya are so obsessed with their random east European thoughts.
    That's an absolute classic 'I'm not racist, but...':D

• Advertisement

Try reading it out loud.

Good God I'm embarrassed. :eek:

Sorry Donal Og O Baelach. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

:)Respect to you for the apology. So many posts it's easy to skim through them.

:)Respect to you for the apology. So many posts it's easy to skim through them.

Cheers. Your revenge is that I look like a moron. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

some random guy walks over and starts to try his absolute best to start a row before fecking off somewhere else to try again......

Not the first time a drunken fool has tried to pick a fight with a pole.
    I have seen one such fool head butting a steel lamppost. Needless
    to say, the lamppost won that fight quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think the biggest problem that people have with any Eastern European migrants is due to the fact that alot of them don't try to integrate and socialize with the local community. There is still alot of unknowns regarding the typical Pole, Latvian etc.. A number houses around me have families from east europe and unless they have very young kids that are in school and they then hang around with the local kids we very rarely speak to the parents.
    So it's their fault that you don't speak to them? Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Try reading it out loud.

The "satisfied with Enda Kenny" bit gave it away for me! Must have a good sense of humour.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

the_syco wrote: »

He does have a valid point, but as you (I think) suggested we are as much to blame.

I think both parties could try a little harder to integrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Its a horrible thing to experience, but as was said before, its not just an Irish thing. You get it everywhere. Ive gotten it here in Australia, "**** off home ya irish bastard" from a couple of 18 year olds out on the piss.

The best ive seen was a car window sticker showing a map of Australia, with "**** off, we're full" on it. I actually lol'd at that one, for a number of reasons.

Idiots :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

[QUOTE= Ive gotten it here in Australia, "**** off home ya irish bastard" from a couple of 18 year olds out on the piss.
    /QUOTE]

You see the trouble can start with this and in other countries were there is a lot more of a hold on law and order this banter perhaps can go relatively unnoticed (eventhough I think it too is wrong) but here in Ireland we have way too many out of control racist knacker thugs running rampant through our towns picking on anyone who looks foreign/speaks a different language or who doesn't wear a track suit. We have had several fatalities off late that were pure racist. It is a shameful fact from a nation of migrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I parked a C reg car in Dublin 7 in the middle of the afternoon and had a group of teens shouting "get that f***ing Cork car out of Dublin" followed by taunts of "culchie" and stones and rubbish thrown at me!

I grew up mostly on Dublin's northside.

There are times when you'd have to wonder about the mentality of some people in this country.

• Advertisement

I had this hurled at me on friday night at the night club while i was talking to some friends,some random guy walks over and starts to try his absolute best to start a row before fecking off somewhere else to try again,i dont know if he succeeded i find it sad if this is how some people get their kicks:(

You’d be surprised what people shout at you if they think you are somehow different and they can get a fight out of you. I was in a pub with the girls, and when some guy copped we were all together, he shouted at me “Go home you sick pragmatist”.

His mates just face palmed themselves and told him to settle down. To this day I can only assume he meant polygamist and was just illiterate and/or pissed out of his tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Mackman wrote: »
    Its a horrible thing to experience, but as was said before, its not just an Irish thing. You get it everywhere. Ive gotten it here in Australia, "**** off home ya irish bastard" from a couple of 18 year olds out on the piss.

The best ive seen was a car window sticker showing a map of Australia, with "**** off, we're full" on it. I actually lol'd at that one, for a number of reasons.

Idiots :pac:

You can have so much fun with the entire f off Irish thing in Oz land!!!! :D

I've told to get back to Poland once or twice. To which I reply "Bit fecking hard since I am from Ireland" Mouths usually hit the floor. Apparently I look Polish :confused: so they just assume I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭COUCH WARRIOR

Try reading it out loud.

In fairness Irish people in general are pretty stupid. You're never safe making subtle jokes, or given this obvious ones.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 master_chief

Solair wrote: »
    I parked a C reg car in Dublin 7 in the middle of the afternoon and had a group of teens shouting "get that f***ing Cork car out of Dublin" followed by taunts of "culchie" and stones and rubbish thrown at me!

I grew up mostly on Dublin's northside.

There are times when you'd have to wonder about the mentality of some people in this country.

LOL, great assumption, half of the cars in Dublin are not D reg, and actually Dubs drive them, or vice versa you see Chinese driving D car. What's the problem? Some scumbags teens have washed out brains, nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

In fairness Irish people in general are pretty stupid.

The whole thread was about people handing out racist remarks and generalizing other people.

And yet you do it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the Polish lad should reply
    I am home home Baby
    whether its Gdansk or Termonfeckin
    its all Europe now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 master_chief

gsxr1 wrote: »
    He does have a valid point, but as you (I think) suggested we are as much to blame.

I think both parties could try a little harder to integrate.

Good point. However I think it's little more down to the natives to start acquaintance first - usually the host welcomes guest. There are loads of decent migrants out there who input a lot to the country and communities, sadly, sometimes even close neighbours don't know it, as they never chat to them - other people sometimes have language barrier and could be shy, etc. Luckily more and more polish and others speak fluent english here which will open up communities bit more. Give it another 10 years and I am sure you will see some Kowalski playing in GAA :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

I had the bad idea of posting this video on youtube from a TV program and the amount of racist comments I read about it is appalling. :rolleyes:
    as a foreginer myself I'm really surprised to see this type of behaviour in a country who has produced emigrants for ages.

I was at the RDS yesterday and I saw a looong queue...i thought it was for the Music Expo (Bob geldof, republic of loose playing etc..>) actually it was the queue for the Working abroad expo :eek:
    I had to wait more than 40 mins to get in until some guy of the crew adviced to go home because there were too many people inside...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I know it could have but i just find it strange that this randomer would come over to a group of lads trying his best to start a row

Depending where you drink, it can be suprisingly common. You'll find that it happened with the same sort when they didn't have Poles, Latvians, Nigerians and whatever to single out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

the_syco wrote: »

Did you honestly just pick parts of my post and in your little head jumble them together and from that try to form a reply... For those in the back, let me make it a little bit clearer and easier you... THEY DONT TRY AND SOCIALIZE WITH THE LOCALS - THEY JUST STICK TO THEMSELVES. Now is that easier??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement