Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Khance

Update:

I went to my first interview, the company were very friendly, really nice people. I think that it went well, but I'll possibly find out this evening if I was successful. I really hope to get it, I've lost interest in the interview I have next week, as this one just seems fantastic.

Just thought I'd give some hope to the other guys that have yet to hear anything. There are still a lot of companies doing interviews. My next one is scheduled for Thursday of next week.

If you haven't heard from anyone, contact G4IG and they'll likely ensure that you at least get one interview. That was what I got from my conversation with them a few weeks ago.

Wish me luck! I hope I get this.

Khance

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonnie86

Very best of luck Khance!! Hope you get the job you want! Im still waiting for the first call. Emailed G4IG early this week. Got a reply today saying that they are rematching again.and interviews will still be happening over next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed and well done to everyone already on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kunbs

Hey Guys - my current housemate is moving to Berlin, so I am renting a room in an apartment out in Waterville Blanchardstown... Its a lovely ground floor apartment.. Two Bedroom - Its 30 minutes into city centre by bus... near lots of bus services like the 38A, 38, 17A, 17, 39, 39A and 5 minute from blanchardstown shopping centre... Its Ensuite(450) Available end of November. Females preferably.

PM me for more details. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kunbs

@johnnie86 - I am in exactly the same boat - got the same response... fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭gem898

hey all, just got my first interview today. seemed to have gone well even though the guy interviewing me barely let me say a word... should hear about that by the end of the week..

I just got asked to another interview for a different company next week so for all those who havent heard yet... interviews are still being held next week.

• Advertisement

I just got offered the job, so I'll be starting in Blanchardstown. Waiting on all the paperwork to be completed as well as leaving my current job on a high-note... I'm in total shock. I really can't believe it. They're a fantastic company and I'm really looking forward to working with them.

To give you guys more hope, I can safely say that my friends are still getting interview calls. I look forward to meeting you guys in the future, and I'd love to meet up for coffee someday if you're interested.

Now... to search on Daft for accommodation. Any tips on good places to live in Blanchardstown? (Not a trick question, I'm from Dundalk and have no idea)

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

I had all but given up hope but got called for an interview yesterday.

Well done to those of you who actually got offers and fingers crossed for us still in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xtina89

has anyone that got through the process found out which module stream they're in yet? I had some forms, transcripts and photos etc that i had to send in a few weeks ago and havent heard back yet.. wanting to know for holidays etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mack3

Anyone any ideas for short term accommodation i.e. the 6 months in Dublin, going to be working just across from the O2 off the eastlink bridge b4 going to Singapore...would like somewhere as close as possible preferably walking distance. I'm starting the 28th Nov...anyone interested in living together or knows of a room available for the 6 months PM me, Thanks

@xtina89 (I haven't sent anything to UCD yet, waiting to finalise my contract, and I believe u find out what you need to send to UCD after that is sorted). Give UCD a call general enquires 01 716 8934...they were helpful)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Hi guys

I was lucky enough to be placed with an excellent company in the recruitment industry. Like some of the people here who havent gotten a call I was in the same boat looking for work. Its just a thought but if any of ye are seriously looking for work I may be able to help ye out. Especially if ye have languages. Give me a pm and I can do my best.

It beats waiting around for that call anyway. Nice to have some options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭gem898

119877 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anybody will be based in cork for the programme? Will be trying to organise accommodation soon?

Heya I'll be moving from Cork to Dublin for my place on the programme so my room in Wilton will be free. PM me if you want some more information?

I'll be looking for somewhere close to Lower Dorset Street as that is where my company is based. if anyone is looking for somehwere around that area or knows of a place for rent let me know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 longwait

anyone else starting in stream 1 next monday? i think people from this thread who will be there should wear a red tie[lads] / red dress [ladies, i hope :o] to distinguish from non boardies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keepthe faith

Hey, anybody moving to Galway as part of the programme? I literally just got offered a position! Absolutely over the moon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

longwait wrote: »
    anyone else starting in stream 1 next monday? i think people from this thread who will be there should wear a red tie[lads] / red dress [ladies, i hope :o] to distinguish from non boardies :D

I'm going to wear a Santa outfit. You should recognise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 longwait

pootins wrote: »
    longwait wrote: »

I'm going to wear a Santa outfit. You should recognise me.

If you do you will be my personal hero forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LinzBinz

Hey Guys!
    I have been following this thread for a long time but finally pulled my finger out and actually joined. (Just one more thing to add to the endless others eh?!) But I have been shortlisted and was feeling very dejected but eventually got an interview. Went last week but haven't heard a thing back from them. But got a call from Claire in the G4IG office today saying something about new companies. I was wondering if anyone else heard anything about this? I thought all the interviewing etc had been done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zjsnicole

LinzBinz wrote: »
    Hey Guys!
    I have been following this thread for a long time but finally pulled my finger out and actually joined. (Just one more thing to add to the endless others eh?!) But I have been shortlisted and was feeling very dejected but eventually got an interview. Went last week but haven't heard a thing back from them. But got a call from Claire in the G4IG office today saying something about new companies. I was wondering if anyone else heard anything about this? I thought all the interviewing etc had been done by now.

I havent heard any thing from G4IG but hopefully we still have some chance. Just got an interview last Tue but havent heard anything from that company yet. Finger crossed```

Yeah fingers crossed now that more companies are coming on board. We just have to stay positive...

Yeah fingers crossed now that more companies are coming on board. We just have to stay positive...

Yeap, good luck!!

Just got a call for an interview Thursday. Imagine this is my last chance in the process

• Advertisement

Just got a call for an interview Thursday. Imagine this is my last chance in the process

Yeah I got an interview on Friday and he told me that the candidates have to be registered with UCD by Monday. so thats it then I guess. Best of luck though. fingers crossed for you..

Yeah I got an interview on Friday and he told me that the candidates have to be registered with UCD by Monday. so thats it then I guess. Best of luck though. fingers crossed for you..

Well, good luck!!

Best of luck to those of you with Interviews, a friend of mine just got a call yesterday for an interview. It happened as he was in the shop, just moments after I was talking to him.

So... I've come to the conclusion that when I talk to people, they get their interviews. Feel free to message me. :D

I'm just having difficulty getting my transcripts from college, they're making me wait forever, I just hope Smurfit doesn't get annoyed with me. Oh, and I start work on Monday in Blanchardstown. If anyone wants to meet up for a coffee, it would be nice to get to know everyone. :)

So at the very least we won't be in the dark for long. . . (means only one round of interviews as well)

Good look to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wardy171

I also have an interview tomorrow - This late on it could even be the same company so maybe see you there!

Not sure if work will let me go by next monday though... could be interesting...

Good luck to anyone still trying!

wardy171 wrote: »
    I also have an interview tomorrow - This late on it could even be the same company so maybe see you there!

Not sure if work will let me go by next monday though... could be interesting...

Good luck to anyone still trying!
    And here was me hoping I'd have no competition. Well I'm on at four. So if you see a guy praying in reception come at say hello. Best of luck. Hopefully at least one of us will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

I got a call last week saying there is still a few interviews coming up. Did anyone hear anything lately?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wardy171

And here was me hoping I'd have no competition. Well I'm on at four. So if you see a guy praying in reception come at say hello. Best of luck. Hopefully at least one of us will get it.

Well she made it sound like she was only meeting one other person today when I was on at half 2 so could be one of us!

Feedback in the next few days apparently...

I'm assuming it was the same company still of course... Was it in The Strand hotel in Limerick???

wardy171 wrote: »

I'm assuming it was the same company still of course... Was it in The Strand hotel in Limerick???
    Oh my interview was in Dublin. So now I really mean it when I say good luck. Came out of my interview really wanting the role. So it'll be a long weekend waiting for me.

• Advertisement

Hey Guys!!
    Hope ye all had a good Christmas and New Year? Just a quick question regarding module 2 starting on Monday. Does anyone know what time it finishes up at approx??

Thanks a mil

Advertisement