Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 longwait

jonnie86 wrote: »
    I emailed EI a while ago and was just told it's up to the companies to get in touch with us now. But we don't know who we are matched up with. As far as I can tell we are in limbo.

Yeah its pretty crappy. I will have to leave this job basically on a hope and a prayer that I'll get something out of this. My boss thinks I'm leaving to do a course but I have no idea if I got in or even when it starts... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonnie86

Fingers crossed for us all still waiting. Those of us who get something have to start by the 28th November as far as I know. So could be couple more weeks of waiting ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

I was told that although they have not finished yet with calling people for interview, there is 'no guarantee' of ever being called. Basically, EI selected and recommended us, but now its up to individual companies to interview and select. I wouldn't turn down any opportunity at the moment. There's still a chance, but as the days tick on, I would take any other opportunity that comes your way also. For me, its too risky holding out....but like I said...still hopeful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

Out of interest, has anybody got a call for an interview lately? I'm still waiting for my first, but from the looks of it on this thread, there doesn't seem to be as many interviews happening now as there were a week or two ago. I gave EI a call last week and they said that those who have not yet been matched with a company will have their CV resent throughout this week.

pootins wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anybody got a call for an interview lately? I'm still waiting for my first, but from the looks of it on this thread, there doesn't seem to be as many interviews happening now as there were a week or two ago. I gave EI a call last week and they said that those who have not yet been matched with a company will have their CV resent throughout this week.

That does not sound promising for those of us who have not been called yet. Now I am very worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 119877

@pootins I emailed EI last week and they said the companies have been asked to complete their evaluations and to make job offers by the end of October however if you are not called to an interview the process will continue into November. They also said that they can not guarantee an interview. I got a call last friday and should be hearing again from the company this week to arrange an interview. To be honest I thought I would have heard from a number of companies but at least I have one interview on the horizon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Khance

I'll admit, I'm very worried too. I haven't heard anything yet, I'm in the final 300 as are you guys, but I haven't been contacted at all since.

I'm actually starting to hate my phone... I'm blaming it for my lack of interview calls, nothing to do with my qualifications or personality at all. :)

jonnie86 wrote: »
    That does not sound promising for those of us who have not been called yet. Now I am very worried

Perhaps I phrased that a little negatively. The woman I was speaking to basically said that if you haven't heard from a company within the next week(I think it was Thursday that I called) that you will be matched with more companies after that. She was pretty nice but didn't go into too much detail. Like 119877 said, we could be waiting well into November to hear back. Bloody frustrating!

Khance wrote: »
    I'll admit, I'm very worried too. I haven't heard anything yet, I'm in the final 300 as are you guys, but I haven't been contacted at all since.

I'm actually starting to hate my phone... I'm blaming it for my lack of interview calls, nothing to do with my qualifications or personality at all. :)

Haha! I'm the same. I recently moved to a new network and am thinking that this is the reason I'm not getting any calls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Khance

pootins wrote: »
    Like the previous post said, we could be waiting well into November to hear back. Bloody frustrating!

That is preferable to the posts saying that the end of interviews is at the end of October. Everyone's saying to remain hopeful, and I'm rarely negative, but I really don't think that Enterprise Ireland are being very helpful at this stage of the process.

I'd like to see that video from the day in September. I've had my interview in July, I've been waiting for a very long time and to not hear anything at all... it's quite stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dunnear

I only have had 1 interview too and it seems like there are less than the 120 jobs at this rate because no one seems to be getting interviews at all seeing as we were meant to get 5. It also doesnt make sense for them to send out CVs again if the companies should have already started the process.

I honestly cannot stand the waiting. The companies seem very poorly orgainised. How hard is it to call people and ask them to come in for an interview after all their info has been handed to you on a plate. Really is driving me crazy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 miller8721

Ive been offered with a trainee product manager position in an IT company. The position will be based in China. I had five round interviews with this company and finally got the offer.

Just share the information about diploma in UCD with you guys. The training course will be on the following dates: 5-8 December 2011, 23-25 January 2012, 7-9 February 2012, 7-9 March 2012, 2-4 April 2012, and 8-10 May 2012. (This is what is written on my offer letter)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sorchs

Congrats RandomComment! I've been called back for a 2nd interview with one of the companies, which is great, but I'm kind of holding out for another which I'm hoping will get in touch soon! Have many offers been made? And is the start date set in stone - I can't start until towards the end of December. doesn't seem to have been a problem so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

miller8721 wrote: »
    Ive been offered with a trainee product manager position in an IT company. The position will be based in China. I had five round interviews with this company and finally got the offer.

Just share the information about diploma in UCD with you guys. The training course will be on the following dates: 5-8 December 2011, 23-25 January 2012, 7-9 February 2012, 7-9 March 2012, 2-4 April 2012, and 8-10 May 2012. (This is what is written on my offer letter)

Hey miller, congrats.. I was wondering could you share a bit more info on the contract small print.. Is it a standard EI issued thing do you reckon or is it more specific to your company. Are we contracted EI or the company and is there any specified penalty for leaving before contract end (like reimbursing the diploma cost etc?) or any other points of note like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CAP9

I think there is still hope. . :) I'm in close contact with a company involved in the program and they haven't interviewed anyone yet. . they've only just got candidates names. . but they have been told to have the contract signed by the 28th October. .

I've had 3 companies contact me, had 3 rounds with one ( 2 face -to - face and one phone interview with the office in the international market; waiting on a final decision from them this week/next week) , 2 rounds with another ( again waiting on a final decision) and had my first round with another company yesterday. From talking to the people in each company it seems that they are still getting candidates too. One of the companies didn't think any of their first list suited them , so asked for all new candidates. They seem just as unsure as all of us about the whole process. . . but EI are definitely still sending out cvs as the companies request them. . so don't loose hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

Thanks CAP giving us all some much needed hope. Only had the one interview myself and still waiting to hear back from them. Phone has barely left my hand.

Thanks CAP! I feel a bit better about it. I have not had one interview yet. It is a huge blow to my confidence and morale. I'm very down because of this process. Feel unemployable almost. Need a pick me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Hi guys

I have had 3 interviews with 1 company. Haven't received any contact from any other companies.

2 face to face and 1 interview over the phone so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

It's interesting to note that the people who do have interviews have less than 3. Thought we'd all have 5 or 6! Was that the impression other people got?! Still waiting for my 1st call. Remain hopeful. :p

• Advertisement

I guess, on the upside of this for the rest of us that didn't get an interview, 'when' we do get one, it will be a very speedy process.

I managed to apply for other jobs outside of EI. Had an interview yesterday and I would be delighted to get this job in Ireland if EI falls through. Kinda started thinking whether I want to leave Ireland... Anyway, its no harm having a few options. I'm not sure whether I an being 'hopeful' or naive at this stage with EI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CAP9

True, about the process getting faster. . . and I mean its not all plain sailing when you get the interview. . . 2 of them don't match what I'm looking for at all! And I agree with "Who Knows" . . .when you get told that you will be sent to the other side of the world if you get the job its a bit of a reality check. . . you have to think whether you are actually really prepared to do that. . and often to an office that has just opened so with a matter of only a couple of people. . !! I was holding out for this, but if I don't get it I will get on with it, plenty of jobs out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keepthe faith

Hey all, I have been following this thread now for a number of weeks and I can relate to the majority of people who have not received any word of contact. I had lost all hope and resigned myself to the fact that G4IG was over for me. However, please keep the faith! I have just received a phone call from a small Irish company asking me to send a 1-2 page brief on what I could bring to the position which is based in Qatar! Keep the faith!

Thanks Keepthefaith. As you can probably tell from my previous posts I am fairly down about G4IG at the moment. Your news give some hope. Fingers crossed for the rest of us!!

For the people who do not get through, I propose that we set up our own company... we'll show 'em, lol :-)

Who Knows? wrote: »
    For the people who do not get through, I propose that we set up our own company... we'll show 'em, lol :-)

Hahaha!!! Love this idea!

We should.... we have 180 of the best business development in teh country at the moment. We have the talent.... :D All of you can come join my start-up!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Hey all, I have been following this thread now for a number of weeks and I can relate to the majority of people who have not received any word of contact. I had lost all hope and resigned myself to the fact that G4IG was over for me. However, please keep the faith! I have just received a phone call from a small Irish company asking me to send a 1-2 page brief on what I could bring to the position which is based in Qatar! Keep the faith!

Wow That's brilliant. Did you specify that you were interested in the Middle East? What type of company is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keepthe faith

@Mr.Slum Duck I actually specified France so I could get my French to a fluent level but I also said I would travel and would be happy where ever I was placed. Qatar would be cool I think but a massive culture shock! Still early days though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cleao

Who Knows? wrote: »

If I don't get this place.. I'm in!!! :D

I had a 2nd interview yesterday, I had to give a presentation of some research I had previously compiled on the company and some of its products.

I was told the company was originally given 32 CV's from EI, and now there are 4 of us left competing for the position. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement