Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chicagilly

Hi guys! Anyone on this year's G4IG going to France for their year abroad???

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elliza

Hi all, ne one apply to the G4IG for this year yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrs_reflecto

Yep I applied just there. I saw on Facebook that they are inviting people to assessment centres already - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enterprise-Ireland-G4IG-Programme/238450169516337. Anyone else had an assessment centre invite yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

just applied and got the email about the online tests straight away, anyone have any idea what they're like? anywhere online to practice them before hand?

No there isn't anywhere to practice online but you are given practice q's before the test itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Justice_Thumbs

Haven't heard anything back re assessment centres yet either.. fingers crossed! :)

any idea as how long after doing the online tests do you get called to the assessment centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 malteaser88

I got an email today to say I've been invited to an assessment centre on Wednesday! I'm not sure about this programme though as there's no guarantee that you'll get a job! Would love to know what the best thing to do is!! Also I'm hoping to get work within a food company or marketing company but not sure how feasible this is through this programme! Any ideas anyone??

Dannyg90 wrote: »
    any idea as how long after doing the online tests do you get called to the assessment centre?

Danny, I completed these tests about two weeks ago and heard back today!

cheers for that malteaser, how'd you think the online tests went? i thought the numerical one was far easier than the verbal.

• Advertisement

I'm the total opposite! I've always struggled with numerical stuff! I didn't get any feedback or anything so I guess I did ok to get to the next round? Fingers crossed you'll hear too. Are you doing a Masters or Undergrad at the moment? Just trying to see who's more likely to be applying!

I am doing an MSc at the moment but a few of my friends with undergraduates degrees are applying too. Seems to be a mix of both! I heard that if you get through to the final stage you have a pretty good chance of getting a job so nothing to lose by applying!!

i'm doing an undergrad, commerce in ucd. I think there's a mixture of both so everyone has a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 iAmMine

Howye folks, I did my assessment centre today, went grand (I think), only 4 of us as some people didn't show. I was in with 3 Dubs, sound lads. We had a 30 minute group assessment (normally 35 but shorter for us due to fewer numbers), 10 minutes looking over the given material (choosing a partner for a holiday booking web platform, choose between 2, one was blatantly better for us), and then 20 minutes group discussion, answering 4 relevant questions. The assessors were all there, we didn't have to hand anything up or record anything, they just noted everything we said and did.

Then had to wait in lobby for about 20 minutes before we had our individual sittings. 3 minutes of the presentation, I got asked some nice tricky questions, yer one knew her stuff. (Any time I was caught out I just said I could provide that information after the meeting or in the "second interview" mentioned in the emails. #Shnake)

Think I got on all right overall, may have been a bit too talkative in the group bit but should be grand hopefully.

Yer wan did say that it's up to companies after this stage, no real deadlines etc.

Best of luck to anyone going for it!

iAmMine wrote: »
    Howye folks, I did my assessment centre today, went grand (I think), only 4 of us as some people didn't show. I was in with 3 Dubs, sound lads. We had a 30 minute group assessment (normally 35 but shorter for us due to fewer numbers), 10 minutes looking over the given material (choosing a partner for a holiday booking web platform, choose between 2, one was blatantly better for us), and then 20 minutes group discussion, answering 4 relevant questions. The assessors were all there, we didn't have to hand anything up or record anything, they just noted everything we said and did.

Then had to wait in lobby for about 20 minutes before we had our individual sittings. 3 minutes of the presentation, I got asked some nice tricky questions, yer one knew her stuff. (Any time I was caught out I just said I could provide that information after the meeting or in the "second interview" mentioned in the emails. #Shnake)

Think I got on all right overall, may have been a bit too talkative in the group bit but should be grand hopefully.

Yer wan did say that it's up to companies after this stage, no real deadlines etc.

how long after you online tests was it till you heard back about the assessment centre? and do they call you about it or just email?
    and if you dont mind saying are you doing a masters or undergrad?

how long after you online tests was it till you heard back about the assessment centre?

There was 6 days for me anyway, had a full week's notice.
    do they call you about it or just email?

Just email for me.
    and if you dont mind saying are you doing a masters or undergrad?

I'm an undergrad, BIS in NUIG. I went for the Business Information Systems & eCommerce Programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elliza

Did ne one have a problem getting the links? i applied for the first deadline but only got the links on thursday.

Elliza wrote: »
    Did ne one have a problem getting the links? i applied for the first deadline but only got the links on thursday.

Not sure now, but I would have thought that they might be giving them out in groups depending on your degree area?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

iAmMine wrote: »

Roughly how long did the individual interview go on for? Was it the usual competency based stuff after the presentation?

Roughly how long did the individual interview go on for? Was it the usual competency based stuff after the presentation?

About 40 minutes all in all, the presentation and questions took just under 10 minutes I'd say (I knew a fair bit about my company so I gave some pretty long-winded answers) and then a competency interview.

The email invite to the centre wasn't at all informative about the interview part, myself nor the other bucks there really knew what we were going into for that bit. Luckily enough it was the same old competency stuff (team work, leadership, conflict resolution, all that good stuff). Then just a final "is there anything else you want to tell us about yourself?" bit to finish up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lilwayne1

hey guys,

got an email today saying congrats for getting this far and completing assessment day.

matching phase will be between now and june etc..

anyone know where this leaves us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 there-there

Got that as well. presume everyone got one? My understanding is we can expect to hear further news around May?

yeah hopefully, was onto a few mates about it they got it too... just looking back over the thread seeing that others in the past got like top 10% emails etc, presume there is none of that this year.

I reckon numbers are lower than they had hoped because they've extended the deadlines out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 there-there

Yeah they seem to have changed their system somewhat. They mentioned at assessment that the start of May is when we can expect to hear back.

Have to admit I got a bit excited getting an email from EI saying "congratulations" in the first sentence. Dammit

had the exact same feeling... ahh well sh*t happens. While not a place yet, much more positive than a sorry but...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tee.

Hi all!
    I've been following this thread for a while and finally thought I should post!
    I got an invite to the assessment centre today after a several week wait..
    I'm graduating this year with a degree in languages, business is not my strong point so I'm surprised I got the invite!

Apart from any questions in relation to the presentation, was the rest of the interview based on the usual competency questions or was it very business knowledge focused?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

tee. wrote: »
    Apart from any questions in relation to the presentation, was the rest of the interview based on the usual competency questions or was it very business knowledge focused?

Besides the group task and presentation,

it's the usual competency questions. ("tell about a time where..")

Your assessment centre result will be attached to your screening application, and put onto a list from which EI-aligned companies choose as they wish. Everyone seems to have got that email, so the good news is that by getting to AC you've 'got through'. The bad news is that everyone else at them has too!

Best of luck.

PS you probably know already but if you are languages based, eujobs.ie is closing its graduate recruitment in a few days. Check that out if you haven't already.

Besides the group task and presentation,

it's the usual competency questions. ("tell about a time where..")

Your assessment centre result will be attached to your screening application, and put onto a list from which EI-aligned companies choose as they wish. Everyone seems to have got that email, so the good news is that by getting to AC you've 'got through'. The bad news is that everyone else at them has too!

Best of luck.

PS you probably know already but if you are languages based, eujobs.ie is closing its graduate recruitment in a few days. Check that out if you haven't already.

Thanks very much!
    Yeah, I've been looking into that too! Thanks for mentioning it though!

Hi again!
    Sorry, this is probably a stupid question but I'm not going to the assessment centre until Wednesday but today I got an e-mail saying I've been entered into the matching phase with G4IG companies and may be contacted by one of these companies. :confused: Then advice on what to do in the event I do get an interview with a company.
    But I haven't even gone to the Assessment Centre yet!

Is this just a standard generic email or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

tee. wrote: »
    Hi again!
    Sorry, this is probably a stupid question but I'm not going to the assessment centre until Wednesday but today I got an e-mail saying I've been entered into the matching phase with G4IG companies and may be contacted by one of these companies. :confused: Then advice on what to do in the event I do get an interview with a company.
    But I haven't even gone to the Assessment Centre yet!

Is this just a standard generic email or what?

Sounds like that mail was sent early. Everyone else got that email after the assessment centre, but as I said I think it was an automated one (or at least, the assessment centre didn't influence whether the email was sent or not).

Basically, I think anyone who goes to assessment centre stage gets their assessment centre feedback attached to their initial screening application, and is automatically put into the ''pool''.

I guess getting that email before the assessment centre confirms that hunch.

Best of luck anyway. Think of the fact that it's not a knockout competetion, just a case of making your report as good as possible!

Advertisement