Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jb76

Bloodfued wrote: »
    So lets say I didn't get matched or offered for the current intake(summer) would I automatically be put into the Autumn one or would I have to have applied for both intakes? The whole thing is really vague, i was thinking of doing a masters but if I got a phone call for an interview towards the end of the summer for G4IG then that would complicate things.

From what I gathered from an e-mail a while back, anybody not employed by September would be automatically placed on the list for Autumn intake. But you'd be competing with everybody else who was unsuccessful this time as well as everyone from the new intake. So chances are if you're unsuccessful this time, even less chance of anything then. Unless fewer applicants/more jobs.

I'd say if you have any specific questions regarding this, you're best to ring/email them. They're really helpful and would know a lot more than me as I'm just basing everything on what they've said in e-mails that everyone got and on the interview skills workshop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got invited to an interview next week.

Had another call about an opportunity in Saudi Arabia. To be honest I'd more interested in something closer to home

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Career Aspirant

@godtabh ... Thats some what assuring news!! Good luck with your interview :) Any idea on what sector that company is ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Recruitment

I've no background in it but sure I'll go see what they have to offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lilwayne1

got called for an interview as well a couple of days ago. job seems incredible want it so badly tbh.. interviews not for a while though so nerves are a killer

• Advertisement

oh yeah? congrats. what does it involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bloodfued

lilwayne1 wrote: »
    got called for an interview as well a couple of days ago. job seems incredible want it so badly tbh.. interviews not for a while though so nerves are a killer

What kind of job is it?

Did the interview. Was grand.

If it was me I wouldnt give me the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ottolo

Wondering have many people gotten interviews yet? Seems from the above thread that not many people have but that could be misleading.

Would be really helpful to those waiting if you could indicate here when you get an interview.

Thanks everybody and good luck!

ottolo wrote: »
    Wondering have many people gotten interviews yet? Seems from the above thread that not many people have but that could be misleading.

Would be really helpful to those waiting if you could indicate here when you get an interview.

Very few it seems, only a couple on this and I know a few people who haven't heard anything since the matching email. Those people also know people, etc. etc. Going from the previous intakes, companies seem to prefer pushing it right back to the deadline. So I wouldn't expect the situation to change much until at least late July.
    Definitely not ideal but just seems to be the way it goes.

• Advertisement

thanks a million for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KathrynH

I have an interview, but they've pushed it back twice already (it was meant to be 2 weeks ago) so who knows when it will be!

Got called for an interview the week after next

Phone interview scheduled for next week. They contacted me via e-mail. Looks like a good role and a good fit for me. Fingers crossed but it's early days yet

got shot down for the first interview

Another company wants to talk to me next week. Good experience if anything else

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone's matched with up to four so it's grand. And you're right about the experience thing; I always found I learned way more from unsuccessful ones than where I got the job/got through.
    Key thing is to ask them for feedback before your next one, try get it as detailed as possible. Just don't settle for the "Oh we thought you were really good just not the right fit for what we're looking for", it's the "It's not you it's me" of job interviews.
    You might as well ask them, nothing to lose and they should oblige.

The feedback was along the lines of what I expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mdric

how do you know it's only up to four?

I have it written down but can't for the life of me remember exactly where I got it from. 99% sure it was at the Interview skills day out in Eastpoint. If not, it was in some sort of communication with them. I was definitely told it anyway.
    But I think if you don't have anything near the end and there are jobs left over they reassign.
    So I think it's initially four and then potentially more later in the process.

oh right thanks. rage, i said no to one of them!! it sounded crap though tbh. so hopefully something better comes along!

• Advertisement

What was the one you said no to like? Was it the location you weren't interested in? I think the actual role itself is the same everywhere.

eh it was a couple of things. the initial location was somewhere crap in ireland and the company was science/lab oriented - which i was seriously not interested in doing market research for. i got an interview at the same time with something better so i think that sort of influenced it too. i felt a bit crap turning it down tho! really need a job, ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KathrynH

I've been matched with two so far, neither of which I want to work for.
    Does anyone know, ballpark figure, what type of salary most of the G4IG companies are offering? 'Typical graduate salary' doesn't really tell us much as that can range from anything from €21k to €31k!

Pulled this from an earlier post: "Graduate Salary - Recommended Graduate salary of €20,000 per annum (i.e. €30,000 over the 18 month period) as specified in the employment contract. The graduate salary must not be less than the Irish minimum wage salary of €17,600 per annum. The salary is exclusive of employers PRSI and any bonuses."

Obviously they're legally only obliged to pay minimum wage, but EI recommends that they pay a graduate salary scaled depending on where the candidate is being sent and the cost of living in that country. So if you were being sent to Japan or Singapore you'd get more because their cost of living is higher. Europe, The UK, China and the Americas are the lowest because their cost of living is either the same or lower than here. The Gulf & Australia fall around the middle. Whether the figure itself is high or low is usually irrelevant, it all works out the same in terms of purchasing power parity (low 20k's).

If you do a google search for "g4ig company information" you'll see the maximum they're allowed pay (yes, EI have set a cap). It reflects what I've said above about costs of living.

The reason the salaries are usually on the lower end of that 21-31k scale you mentioned is that the Diploma costs somewhere in the region of €14,500. Factor that in and it's up around the top mark.

Maximum Eligible Company Salary Costs by Graduate Location

Zone Overseas Market Maximum salary spend (over 18 months) eligible for support with an employment grant
    Zone 1 Singapore, Japan, Russia €60,000
    Zone 2 The Gulf, Australia €45,000
    Zone 3 Europe, UK, Americas, China €42,000
    Zone 4 Other €31,000

From here

I've had one interview for Zone1 and Zone 3

godtabh wrote: »
    From here

I've had one interview for Zone1 and Zone 3

I think i may have had the same interview as you metioned in an earlier post. Recruitment position in Zone 1. Was a highly pressured interview and I had no backround in that area, don't know how I was matched for that position.
    I'm hoping I'l hear from other companies.

Bloodfued wrote: »
    I think i may have had the same interview as you metioned in an earlier post. Recruitment position in Zone 1. Was a highly pressured interview and I had no backround in that area, don't know how I was matched for that position.
    I'm hoping I'l hear from other companies.

Sounds like. He called me on a few questions ie that was a prepared answer tell me what you really think. I enjoyed the interview and speaking to them.

As I said the feedback I got back is exactly what I expected. Good experience that was worth while doing.

godtabh wrote: »
    Sounds like. He called me on a few questions ie that was a prepared answer tell me what you really think. I enjoyed the interview and speaking to them.

As I said the feedback I got back is exactly what I expected. Good experience that was worth while doing.

How long did it take for them to get back to you? Its been a good while now since the interview. I'm not entirely sure if it is something I want to do(if i do get a call back). Its hard doing an interview for a job you didn't apply for and don't know anything about. They were very thorough.

Here's hoping i'm matched to other companies!

I heard back about 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Is it unusual that I haven't heard a single thing from any hiring company? :confused: I'm treating anything I hear from EI as a bonus and I'm in advanced stages of the recruitment process with a few companies but just a little surprised.

Advertisement