Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ottolo

I got the same email and my assessment isn't until Thursday? Did everyone get it ya?

From reading back on this thread it seemed to me that you had to pass the assessment centre phase to get into the matching phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

ottolo wrote: »
    From reading back on this thread it seemed to me that you had to pass the assessment centre phase to get into the matching phase.

I don't think there's a pass/fail system - it seems everyone who gets to the assessment centre phase goes through to matching phase automatically. It's a matter of whether the EI-companies like your assessment centre feedback/initial application.
    This would explain why you got the matching email before the assessment centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

has anyone else been waiting ages for results of the online tests? I completed mine on the 23rd of march and was told I would be informed in 10 days. Still haven't heard anything. I even emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

Jegger wrote: »
    has anyone else been waiting ages for results of the online tests? I completed mine on the 23rd of march and was told I would be informed in 10 days. Still haven't heard anything. I even emailed them.

same as. gonna email them asking what the story is tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

Got this email for G4IG regarding the delay.

Thank you for your email regarding G4IG, and for completing the tests as
    part of the application process.

Feedback regarding the status on your application is likely to take longer
    than 10 days due to the large volume of applicants - we apologise for the
    discrepancy in time period advised. Invitations to Assessment Centre are
    being issued over the forthcoming weeks to candidates matched to companies
    for this stream of the programme. The second stream will open up for
    Assessment Centres in October.

We appreciate your patience and wish you the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any one do the assessment center today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Career Aspirant

Hello Guys ..,

It would be great if some one could share their assessment centre experience ??

Thanks,
    Career Aspirant :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It was relatively straight forward.

Group discussion around a case study and an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

When people got the call about the assessment centre was it from a private number?

Assessment day was grand. Group of us were taken into a room and had to discuss the strategy of a company thinking of expanding into 2 different countries. That went on for a half an hour.

After that we were individually taken into a room with one interviewer where we had to give a sales pitch for 3 mins. This was followed by a few simple questions based on the pitch.

That was followed by 30 mins of typical interview questions such as "tell me about a time where you showed leadership, inititiative etc".

And that was it.

Best of luck everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fasionista

Hi guys, I went to the assessment centre about two weeks ago and then got the same email as all of you. Just wondering did anyone get called for interviews yet? I got a phone call today and I've an interview next week with a company!!! :) Just wondering did anyone else????

wow !! Tats fantastic !! Congrats on getting the call very early ... They said Interview with companies will start from June but this is really early !!!:cool:

Congrats on getting the interview. I've heard nothing yet :(

Let us know how it goes

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

I haven't heard anything at all...:confused:

I sent in my application quite early and completed the online tests but I haven't heard a single thing since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

For those that received an email to say that you were going to the next phase although you didn't go through the assessment centre phase yet - did you apply last year? If you passed the online assessment and the the assessment centre last year but were not successful in the 'matching phase', I think they automatically out you through the next year (if your were not successful last year)?

BTW - this process is very slow. The dates they publish about 'results day' may go on and on and on........ Don't hold your breath. The assessment centre is a nice experience. They give you a case study and you discuss it with other candidates. Afterwards they will interview you and size you out to see what you are like and what industry you might match.

You will wait a very long time to hear whether you have been matched. There is no guarantee you will get an interview. Its up to the companies to accept/reject EI's recommendation. This can take weeks/months. You are left in the blind for this. You wont know if your application is being viewed or being trashed. Even if you are matched, you might not like the company or the country/place. Heard people getting offered China and were not prepared to move. That can be disappointing. Depends on yourself if you wanna work for a particular company in a particular place also.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

Hello everybody :)

I called Sonia today, she said she expects to let everyone know, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday at the latest!

Best of luck everyone!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KathrynH

Hi, I just got this email an hour ago "The G4IG Recruitment Team will be running an Interview Skills session at 2pm on Friday 11th May. Places are limited so please book your place by emailing G4IG@enterprise-ireland.com"

So does this mean that I'm through to the next stage ie I've been accepted?

ie does everyone who did the assessment day automatically get through to this 'interview skills'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lilwayne1

got some top notch feedback anyone know what happens next and a time span.. also hope ye all got on ok!

lilwayne1 wrote: »
    got some top notch feedback anyone know what happens next and a time span.. also hope ye all got on ok!

This post at the top of the page explains it well.
    Who Knows? wrote: »

BTW - this process is very slow.

You will wait a very long time to hear whether you have been matched. There is no guarantee you will get an interview. Its up to the companies to accept/reject EI's recommendation. This can take weeks/months. You are left in the blind for this. You wont know if your application is being viewed or being trashed. .

Edit - I had my assessment centre about a month ago, and got an interview today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jb76

Edit - I had my assessment centre about a month ago, and got an interview today.

Congrats on the interview. What's the region and sector as a matter of interest, or did they say much?

jb76 wrote: »
    Congrats on the interview. What's the region and sector as a matter of interest, or did they say much?

Thanks.

It's based in Co Galway, and is professional services (HR) industry. Not sure of exact role yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bloodfued

This post at the top of the page explains it well.

Hi i did the assessment centre less than two weeks ago and got an email saying I was through to the matching stage, how long did it take for a company to call you after matching?

Anyone have any idea how many are in the matching stage? I heard rumours that it was narrowed down to 700 for the assessment centre..

Also I know people who did the assessment centre a month before me and still have heard nothing.

Bloodfued wrote: »
    Hi i did the assessment centre less than two weeks ago and got an email saying I was through to the matching stage, how long did it take for a company to call you after matching?

Anyone have any idea how many are in the matching stage? I heard rumours that it was narrowed down to 700 for the assessment centre..

Also I know people who did the assessment centre a month before me and still have heard nothing.

Went to one of the interview skills held in EI recently and they explained it well. Roughly 150-200 through for 50 jobs. So even at this stage, only a 1 in 4 chance of a job.
    Everybody has been matched with a company/companies (up to a max of 4 I think) already. It's entirely up to them whether they even contact you.
    They could contact you any time between now and August (or not at all) and there's no way of knowing. They have been encouraged by EI to move sooner rather than later, but again, it's left up to them.
    Let EI know if you've any plans to go away over the Summer, so they seem to think that most companies won't make contact til then.

Hope that answers everything. Probably not the answers you, or most people, were hoping to hear but that's just the way it is. They also said there'd be a detailed e-mail sent out soon based on questions asked at the interview skills days. That should have everything I said and more.

EDIT: They did say that there might be more jobs added over the Summer. And they said in an email before that anyone that doesn't get a job this time gets through to the next matching round in the Autumn.

Went to one of the interview skills held in EI recently and they explained it well. Roughly 150-200 through for 50 jobs. So even at this stage, only a 1 in 4 chance of a job.
    Everybody has been matched with a company/companies (up to a max of 4 I think) already. It's entirely up to them whether they even contact you.
    They could contact you any time between now and August (or not at all) and there's no way of knowing. They have been encouraged by EI to move sooner rather than later, but again, it's left up to them.
    Let EI know if you've any plans to go away over the Summer, so they seem to think that most companies won't make contact til then.

Hope that answers everything. Probably not the answers you, or most people, were hoping to hear but that's just the way it is. They also said there'd be a detailed e-mail sent out soon based on questions asked at the interview skills days. That should have everything I said and more.

EDIT: Roughly 150-200 through for 50 jobs.

I heard that there was 100 -120 places that they had added more since last year?!

No, there's only 50 jobs. The jobs start in September so they can contact you any time from now until then. For the various companies that are likely to contact you, look at enterprise ireland's online magazine.

Bloodfued wrote: »
    I heard that there was 100 -120 places that they had added more since last year?!

I'm going by what the people from EI and cut-e (the recruitment firm running the whole thing for EI) told us. 50 places at present. Possibly more to be added over the Summer bringing it up to 70. There will then be another 70 added (I think) at the end of the Summer but they're for the next intake which we may or may not be included in.

But no, at present 50 places. 200 applicants.

The 100-120 places you refer to, that means for the year. I remember seeing the same thing and if you actually look at it it says something along the lines of "This year we've increased the places ... blahdy blah". That means it's spread across both intakes (Summer & Autumn), so on average 60 per intake, bringing us back to what I said above. But I can see where the confusion comes from

That means it's spread across both intakes (Summer & Autumn)

So lets say I didn't get matched or offered for the current intake(summer) would I automatically be put into the Autumn one or would I have to have applied for both intakes? The whole thing is really vague, i was thinking of doing a masters but if I got a phone call for an interview towards the end of the summer for G4IG then that would complicate things.

you are included in the 2012 intake but would have to reapply for 2013

• Advertisement

I went to AC on May 3rd and got a feedback mail on the same week telling that I have passed and I should wait for Interview with the companies anytime now.. I am really not sure if many companies have started interviewing ., I knew few companies have already started !! I hope to get a call soon.. Don't want to be in dilemma till August.. It will be good if anyone shares news about the Matching phase interviews!!!:cool::cool:

Advertisement