Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

Cleao wrote: »
    Who Knows? wrote: »
    For the people who do not get through, I propose that we set up our own company... we'll show 'em, lol :-)

If I don't get this place.. I'm in!!! :D

I will be short listing candidates and you'll have to present some research on the reasons why EI didn't run an effective campaign..... LOL.

Best of luck...its great to be among the last four. Do ya want me to pay a 'visit' to the other three....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 andrew15

Hey all, I have been following this thread now for a number of weeks and I can relate to the majority of people who have not received any word of contact. I had lost all hope and resigned myself to the fact that G4IG was over for me. However, please keep the faith! I have just received a phone call from a small Irish company asking me to send a 1-2 page brief on what I could bring to the position which is based in Qatar! Keep the faith!
    I got a call from this company too the other day! was excited at first but then I remembered I had a buddy working in Qatar who said while it was good enough out there, there is F all to do unless you have plenty of money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 longwait

I will be short listing candidates and you'll have to present some research on the reasons why EI didn't run an effective campaign..... LOL.

Best of luck...its great to be among the last four. Do ya want me to pay a 'visit' to the other three....

will the application process be as secretive as this?

i have some suggestions. after you go for an interview tell everyone nothing for 3 months.

then send everyone the location of a separate postbox. if the is an x chalked on the side of a postbox on the first tuesday of the month then you got an interview and are to await further details. if there is a black x on a friday and that friday happens to be an even date then you will have to wait to find out what the black x means. if there is no marking on your postbox do not contact us as we will definitely not contact you.

its a complicated system but at least we would know whats going on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keepthe faith

I got a call from this company too the other day! was excited at first but then I remembered I had a buddy working in Qatar who said while it was good enough out there, there is F all to do unless you have plenty of money frown.gif

O really? I suppose that part of the world is very money orientated. Are you still gonna go for it?

I got a call from this company too the other day! was excited at first but then I remembered I had a buddy working in Qatar who said while it was good enough out there, there is F all to do unless you have plenty of money frown.gif

O really? I suppose that part of the world is very money orientated. Are you still gonna go for it?

well this is the first company I have heard from so I will do out my proposal alright, I am out of the country at the moment so it was 4 30 am when I got the call so I probably missed half of the conversation!

to be honest though Qatar, Not a place I would like to live for 12 months, hoping I don sound like a bitch but I couldnt Imagine it being to good, probably would even be able to afford to go drinking in the hotels!

having said that if its the only call I get then I will have to seriously consider it.

best of luck with your proposal, if you need me to proof read it send it on to me :D hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 funsize86

I'm also in the final 300 and still haven't heard anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 _tanky

Hey, I've been following this discussion, it's been very useful throughout the G4IG process! Just wondering if anyone knows what happens if you leave the job/G4IG programme before you've fully completed the 18months in Ireland & abroad? Do you have the pay the diploma costs in that case? Have tried to contact EI but they haven't been very helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Got offered a position Friday with a recruitment company. 6 months in Dublin 12 in Singapore. Delighted:)

Got offered a position Friday with a recruitment company. 6 months in Dublin 12 in Singapore. Delighted:)

Congrats, well done. When did you get the interview (were ya waiting ling to get the result)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cleao

longwait wrote: »
    will the application process be as secretive as this?

i have some suggestions. after you go for an interview tell everyone nothing for 3 months.

then send everyone the location of a separate postbox. if the is an x chalked on the side of a postbox on the first tuesday of the month then you got an interview and are to await further details. if there is a black x on a friday and that friday happens to be an even date then you will have to wait to find out what the black x means. if there is no marking on your postbox do not contact us as we will definitely not contact you.

its a complicated system but at least we would know whats going on :D

Hahahaha I love this!! ^^^
    Although I was lucky enough that when I first received a call from the company they weren't so secretive, and the process has only been about 2 weeks,,we'll hopefully I'll know this week..

@Who Knows.. I'm in,, now all we have to do are figure out who the others are!! Lol.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Congrats, well done. When did you get the interview (were ya waiting ling to get the result)?

I wasnt waiting too long to hear but had 3 interviews. Tough enough process. Wages are pretty poor though 20k for first 6 months then adjusted when I move to the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Anyone else's placements involve talk of the Middle East?

Not sure how to feel about it myself, would love to know what anyone else makes of their offers?

Having followed this discussion for some time now, I was expecting a "call" from a potential employer for interview. However, to my surprise, I recieved an email from a Dublin-based software company which attached a job description, time, place, etc for intervew. No shocks, no being picked up in a black van and blind folded till I get to the location. Seems like a good company and one which fits my interests.

Im a little worried about the salary having read the few comments above - there was no mention of salary on the email.... I'm in my late 20's and I can't start off on a low 20's salary.....

Anyway - we'll see what come from it.

[Oh - a point I wanted to make, check your email, and in particular, your junk email. Although this email was in my inbox, some of you may have had emails earlier just may have been directed to the junk....worth a check??? I was under the impression it was always a "phone call"].... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

Having followed this discussion for some time now, I was expecting a "call" from a potential employer for interview. However, to my surprise, I recieved an email from a Dublin-based software company which attached a job description, time, place, etc for intervew. No shocks, no being picked up in a black van and blind folded till I get to the location. Seems like a good company and one which fits my interests.

Im a little worried about the salary having read the few comments above - there was no mention of salary on the email.... I'm in my late 20's and I can't start off on a low 20's salary.....

Anyway - we'll see what come from it.

[Oh - a point I wanted to make, check your email, and in particular, your junk email. Although this email was in my inbox, some of you may have had emails earlier just may have been directed to the junk....worth a check??? I was under the impression it was always a "phone call"].... :eek:

Great to hear you got an interview. Hope it goes well. Good to know that there won't be much waiting around for you any more with the deadline for selections coming up!

This is pretty promising news for those who haven't got an interview yet also.

Cheers - yes there is still hope. I would "estimate" about another two-three weeks left in the process. So hang in there everyone!! I'll keep ye posted on my experiences. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

For those of you who weren't there on the day they've finally put up those videos. How handy at this stage!

Can you post a link to the video on here? I cannot access it.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnterpriseIrelandTV

This is the channel they're on. Will that do you? Its broken up into the individual speakers so a few links. I can post them individually otherwise.

Perfect - thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Did you guys get the long email from EI? It should be good news but I have lost all trust in them. Waffle waffle. Not very competent are they!

• Advertisement

No i didn't get an email? What was the jist?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Dear G4IG Applicant,

We are touching base to update you on where we are at in the Graduate 4 International Growth Matching Process. Earlier on this month Enterprise Ireland companies seeking to recruit up to 100 graduates began the process of inviting graduates they were matched with to interview. The majority of these companies will in the next week move to make employment offers to graduates. If you have already received an offer well done!

If you are yet to receive an offer or be invited to an interview there is some good news. We have been working closely with our colleagues in the IDA and Udarás na Galteachta and we are delighted to announce that within the next two weeks we will be bringing both additional Irish owned and foreign owned companies into the process. The inclusion of these companies will provide additional opportunities for graduates to secure a place on G4IG.

Shortly you will receive a link to a G4IG Matching Survey. We ask that you take 5 minutes to answer questions in the survey. This will assist us in carrying out additional matches between you and our additional participating companies. Following completion of this survey you can also expect a phone call from one of the G4IG team who are these to assist with any additional queries you may have.

The video footage from the Graduate briefing day has been uploaded on the Enterprise Ireland TV Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/EnterpriseIrelandTV. Please be sure to view this to help you best prepare as you go forward in the G4IG matching process. We’re also on Facebook so please be sure to post your comments, queries, feedback and suggestions on the G4IG facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enterprise-Ireland-G4IG-Programme/238450169516337

All the best,

The G4IG Team

Well that's somewhat positive anyway? More positions being made available?

You'd just have to wonder why they weren't included in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kunbs

@ slumduck - I got the email too and a missed phone call from them...

With the email - I was optimistic but not excited so as not to set myself up for disappointment

I have not got that email yet, not sure if I will get it, I think Enterprise Ireland over estimated the amount of companies that are going to take part this is why new companies are joing the process now. I had one call from an employer but I have pretty much given up hope on this now

Ye can't be letting this process get ye down! If anything, it should put more fight into ye. We cannot be 100% dependent on some group (such as EI) to get us what we want and if not, we sulk or loose hope. I believe that if opportunity does not come your way, you create it!! As I say to friends, "if your future was a book, would you read it or write it?".

I know that if nothing comes from this process, there are still opportunities. If anything, we should learn that placing our destiny in others hands, leaves us open to their judgement. I prefer to have more control of my future. Many of us are young. This process is a screening process and should not be taken as something too personal. Only us can make things happen!!

Vote Who Knows for President!!! lol

Chin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kunbs

@ WhoKnows!!! Wow what a speech, if your delivery is as good you might give Obama a run for his money. But Your right!!!

I have got dibs as your,VP or Senior Campaign Manager ;)

I am very hopeful now that I have got that email from them

YES WE CAN!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Khance

It was just as I was reading this thread that I got the email... then a second email, which confused the hell out of me. It was from G4IG, yet it was simply the quoted text from the first email, no link to the survey that they mentioned at all.

Did anyone else have this problem? Also, just to verify, I have not heard anything at all since I was told I'm in the final 300.

I got a call from Claire in the office yesterday and she said to me that we should be getting at least 2 interviews in the next two weeks. Which is better than sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jonnie86

Exactly the same situation.as myself Khance. Word for word

Advertisement