Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Good news Jacqui. Don't do too much too soon.

First session at the club in ages tonight. It was a good one. 3 mile warm up.
    7x 800 at between 2:48 and 2:53. 2 miles warm down. It's a good idea for me to get some kind of runs in that equate to sub 6:00 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

I wont. Done 40 mins ystrday on grass. Went to gym today & done bike & Xtrainer.
    Good times on your 800's. Ur training is going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

cwgatling wrote: »
    It's a good idea for me to get some kind of runs in that equate to sub 6:00 miles.

You seem to be working from the top down in a lot of your runs Paddy. Salazar is a firm beliver in working from the bottom up and Im inclined to agree with him. You should think about it, maybe give working upwards a go.

Thanks Jacqui - yep injury free for a good while now. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Keep up the gym work, you've earned your membership fee back already!

Thanks for the advice Eoin, it's not something I'd thought about. Will definitely give it a shot though. I'm still new enough to this lark :D

7.65 at 7:20 odd. Battery died half way around this. Going to take it handy enough tomorrow. This is going to be a low mileage week before heading into the next phase of Daniels Plan A.

Went on grass yesterday again & calf was sore last nite. Didnt think I wud be able to run today but gave it a try & it actually felt better after the run than it was yesterday :confused:.

• Advertisement

I've had injuries like that before. Dying all day and I'd try a run, 5 mins in and it's like it was never there... weird.

Did 6 at 8:00 tonight.

8.07 at 7:03. Pushed it a bit on this one, but could easily have gone a few more. For once the wind was at my back on Firhouse Road.
    Rest tomorrow and an easy 6 Sunday will meet the target this week.

Done nearly 6m today on grass. calf was a bit tight to begin wit but then it loosened out. Delighted with this. Rest tomorrow & I think I'l try 6m myself on sunday. I hate running up that Firhouse rd, the wind is always in my face & it just seems endless :D

I ended up doing about 7.5m today, longer than I had intended. Ran from the gym to Tymon so I was on concrete as well as grass. Calf is feeling good. It was the 1st day ive enjoyed my run in weeks so here's hoping im getting back to normal :D

That's great Jacqui; things are looking good.

Sun: 6 at 7:30
    Mon: 18 at 7:39
    Tues: 3 at 8:00

Great conditions recently.

• Advertisement

Wel done, I cant wait to get a long run in again. I mite try 10m on sun & c how I go. Done 7.4 yesterday & 7 today. Weather has been great. Its just good to get out running again :)

Best of luck with the 10! The way things are going I'd say it'll be no trouble.

10 miles at 7:51 tonight. Did not feel one bit like doing this. Not an enjoyable run, but they all count. I have to hit 55 this week, so a few medium long runs are in order.

U probably felt better after doing the 10m :rolleyes:

After 2m today I thought id push the pace a bit & c how the calf held up. Done 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th mile in 7.28,7.24,7.30, & 7.34 :). Done 7.43m in total, avg pace 7.44. Was wel pleased, calf felt grand & it was gud to get out & do a decent run. I think I'l try doing a speed session on tues

You're back in the saddle Jacqui. Keep it up.

Did 4.6 at 7:10 during lunch today. Lovely weather; first run in a t-shirt this year.

7.3m today, was feelin a bit tired. Rest day tomorrow & im meeting viv on sunday for a 10miler.
    I believe your doing the CC tomorrow in Santry. Best of luck with that. I shud be out to watch it so mite see you out there.

Yeah, I was meant to do it, but I had to pull out because of work. Pity, it sounds like it was a good one. Better conditions than the last day anyway :DMight get to head out with ye next Sun for a long run!

I had 8-9 miles planned for today but had to split them up. Got 5.2 done at lunchtime then 4 tonight. Nothing serious pace-wise, about 7:50 avg. Work has been mental recently. Diet and sleep are all over the place. Tempo run tomorrow.

Conditions were much better:). There was a lot in the race. Joe Sweeney ran away with it & he makes it luk so effortless.

Done manslane with Viv this morning from the club. 10.91m avg pace 8.07. Didnt even feel the calf which I was delighted with. It was good to get out on a sunday morning 4 a long run again. I wont be running nxt sun as im going to a hens on the sat so im gona run sat morning & take sun off. Id say i'l av a hangover :D

Yeah Sweeney is having a great year so far. Some serious runners in that field.
    Well done this morning, that's a tough route if I remember correctly. Tell me about it, I'd say 3/4 of my LSR's are done with a hangover :D

Nice run tonight. 2 miles warm up, then 4x 11 min T pace with 2 mins jogging to recover. Then 3 miles to warm down. The tempo bits were at 6:17, 6:16, 6:24, 6:21 which I was happy with. I am doing the Craughwell 10 mile in a few weeks, so I'll try to hold 6:20-6:25.

13 miles at 7:02 pace overall. 57.8 miles for the week.

Wel done on 2day, dat was a nice overall pace. If u wana mt up on sat 4 a run pm me if u dont wana do sun. I'l do up 2 13m if dats any gud 2 u on sat? rather do d long run wi out a hangover :D

Sound Jacqui, we'll sort it out.

4.2 miles at 8:06 today. Recovery run. Did a bit of stretching and core work after, which I never do.

Just looking back over the Garmin stats and this is by far the highest mileage per month I've ever done. 195 for Feb and 359 for the year so far. Thank God for lack of injuries! Long runs for the next month will all have tempo stuff thrown in so let's hope it lasts.

• Advertisement

8 miles at 7:24. Amazing weather. I hope this isn't our summer :eek:

I done 7.3m ystrday. Today I done warm up, 6 x 800 @ 3.05-07, cool down was pleased with my calf & times although last 1 was a struggle. Calf is feelin a bit tight 2nite so im gona do Xtrainer in gym 2moro 2 give it a rest. I'l be running thurs mornin but u'l probably be working.

Weather is amazing, long may it last :)

That's good stuff Jacqui, you're flying it. Yes, I always think that the 1st and the last ones are the toughest. I'm off Thursday so I'll give you a shout.

Beast of a session today. 2 miles easy, 4x 5:30 tempo, 1 hour easy, 17:30 tempo, 2 miles easy.First 4 tempos were 6:14, 6:14, 6:18, 6:16. The 17 min tempo was at 6:26. I really had to work for that.

19 miles at 7:24 avg for the day. Hamstring was really sore before I set out but seems ok now.

I had a good hour with the physio yesterday and he said to leave the tempo running until Sunday and it should be fine (just strained). It's great to hear that instead of the familiar '2 weeks off' job. Let's hope it works out!

Had a 24 hour bug thing yesterday, so the head was a bit swirly for tonight's run. 4.2 miles at 7:50. I'll do something similar tomorrow morning and a 12-13 miler with tempo on Sun.

I done 7.3m ystrday. Legs were tired today so went to gym & done bike & Xtrainer. Im going to do long run in the morningj as im out tomorrow nite.
    The lads will be going from the club up to slade @ 8 on sunday morning if you want to meet up with them.

Fair play Jacqui. Hope the LSR goes well - nice morning for it. Have a good night tonight - well deserved! I have 7 tempo miles tomorrow so I'm staying well clear of that hill in Slade :pac: It is a lovely run up there though.

4.6 miles at 7:23. No hamstring pain.

2 miles easy, 4x 1 miles tempo, 5 mins easy, 3x 1 mile tempo.
    Tempos in 6:15, 6:15, 6:18, 6:17, 6:18, 6:13, 6:28 (traffic lights :mad:).

12.5 miles at 7:01 for the day. 52.5 miles for the week. Glad to be over that injury scare. Some great times posted from Barcelona already - well done.

Wel done on today. I had a great run ystrday morning. Went up to the waterworks from the club. Weather was great. 11.51m, avg pace 7.41 :).
    Ive not been up slade myself since last yr. Its great when you get to the top.

• Advertisement

Great loop and a good time too. I never get sick of running up there. You managed that injury very well.

I headed down to the club tonight with 7-8 easy miles in mind, but one of the lads was about to do 800s by himself so I kept him company. We did 6, all under 3:10. The reps were actually a bit longer than 800m but who's counting. 7.15 miles total at 7:14 avg.

Advertisement