Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope UK visit mega discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Hang on.

The Pope is an atheist now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

orourkeda wrote: »
    Some people still take their religion seriously and I cant see what the problem is with this. It's up to them.

Yeah, I just can't understand why.

I take my child abuse seriously. That's why I can't stand the thoughts of people paying to see a guy that refused to accept the resignations of people heavily involved in all that has gone on in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Hitler and the catholic church were close back in the day, were they not?
    I’ve heard so many comics doing bits about this new pope, “Oh isn’t it scary this new pope used to be a Nazi?” And you go, “Not when you look at their track record side by side.” The Nazi’s versus the Catholic church? The Nazi’s only lasted a dozen years and they got their ass handed to them in a high hat. Catholic church has been, has a far more prosperous and prestigious record of murder and torture and tyranny and oppression and nonsense. Not to mention the kid f*cking, and they’re still around and popular than ever. I’d be far more afraid to hear someone go, “You know that new Nazi…he used to be a pope!”
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

From what I recall, he was meant to be quite the Christian. The only thing I can connect Atheism with is Commuinism. And Commuinists the Nazi's were not...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yes, Hitler was a Roman Catholic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

the man is a complete troll! why hasn't anyone around him sat him down, and thumped him across the head with a dildo and told him to shut the fcuk up!

he's so far gone in the head now, you can only laugh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

An excellent reminder from the Vatican on the dangers of moral-relativism in a country like to UK which has jetisonned its moral ballast & standards, akin to the historic German Weimar Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Did you see the ads on Sky News for it?

"His first tour in over X years"

"X million fans in the UK"

They went on like he was a rock-star! WTF?

It was the cheesiest thing i've ever seen!

Makes a change from Georger Hook talking about his digiBox.

Makes a change from Georger Hook talking about his digiBox.

But Hook and The Church has one big thing in common.....

..... they've fallen in love WITH MONEY!!!!

FABULOUS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...why hasn't anyone around him sat him down, and thumped him across the head with a dildo and told him to shut the fcuk up!
    Now THAT I would pay to see! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

why hasn't anyone around him sat him down, and thumped him across the head with a dildo and told him to shut the fcuk up!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Biggins wrote: »
    Its an out of touch, out of date, out of a clue old fart.

Do you actually understand the point of the visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, that's just frakking charming.

Nice how he's forgotten how Hitler was religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Now THAT I would pay to see! :pac:

You still horny then?

Do you actually understand the point of the visit?
    Yes, to spread more of his religious agenda while intermingling it with platitudes of "I'm so, so sorry...!" before jumping again on his throne to spout more outdated stupidity.

You still horny then?
    Yea, I think the wife is wore out. Her chassis needs an overhaul.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

the man is a complete troll! why hasn't anyone around him sat him down, and thumped him across the head with a dildo and told him to shut the fcuk up!

I have the distinct impression that he would love that. Maybe text him and offer your bishop-bashing/pope-pummeling services?

Yes, to spread more of his religious agenda while intermingling it with platitudes of "I'm so, so sorry...!" before jumping again on his throne to spout more outdated stupidity.

Wrong, its to warn of the dangers of an increasing secular society and moral relativism. He is trying to remind people in the UK that the foundation of human rights is that it was derived from the belief that all humans are made in the image of God.

And to compare Atheism to the Nazis in order to try to brainwash the Catholics even further into believing i'm evil for not believing in God.

I have Catholic friends who always argue the "Catholic-Line" back to me directly! I GUARANTEE in the next 6 months she says to me "Ah, sure Atheism was the reason behind the Nazi Party" :rolleyes:

Wrong, its to warn of the dangers of an increasing secular society and moral relativism. He is trying to remind people in the UK that the foundation of human rights is that it was derived from the belief that all humans are made in the image of God.

And he's SERIOUSLY mistaken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I have the distinct impression that he would love that. Maybe text him and offer your bishop-bashing/pope-pummeling services?

i haven't got that sort of self control, i'd beat him to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What dangers, less oppression, rape and war? Frankly progressive society and law deciding what is moral or not is far better than the same bloody thing but 2000 years out of date.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah well, there's bound to be a few quid in that as well.

Kinky!

...And thats why the Rome organisation is the ONLY major religious org' that WON'T sign the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Aaa... but hell, lets conveniently forget about that little fact.

He/they in Rome say one thing and... well in this case, NOT do another. He and they can go fcuk themselves!

And he's SERIOUSLY mistaken!

And what then was original human rights legislation... the magna carta etc founded from. What was the driving belief system of those societies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you see the ads on Sky News for it?

"His first tour in over X years"

"X million fans in the UK"

They went on like he was a rock-star! WTF?

It was the cheesiest thing i've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

why hasn't anyone around him sat him down, and thumped him across the head with a dildo

Thank you very bloody much for making me laugh out loud in the office.

*waves fist :mad:

...And thats why the Rome organisation is the ONLY major religious org' that WON'T sign the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Aaa... but hell, lets conveniently forget about that little fact.

He/they in Rome say one thing and... well in this case, NOT do another. He and they can go fcuk themselves!

The Vatican is not a member of the UN.

You haven't addressed the point either... conveniently.

• Advertisement

And what then was original human rights legislation... the magna carta etc founded from. What was the driving belief system of those societies?

HAHAHAHA!!

Are you seriously telling me that, without the Religion, people wouldn't have morals and would breach each others Human Rights?

Isn't the Catholic Church the same organisation which protects and facilitates child-rapists? And opresses women and their rights....... i'll be here all day if i start!

I'm Athiest, are you telling me if i had no knowledge of Religion i'd go around killing people coz i didn't know any better? LOL!

Advertisement