Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

demonspawn wrote: »
    Well I can spot a liar from a mile off and so can many others.

Chuck Norris for instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

bluewolf wrote: »
    Cos it's true?

Why do you edit my quotes? Try to discredit me all you like. I'm not concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Post whatever you like about me, then we'll see who is lying and who is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma#Pharmaceutical_drug

It's like legal heroin. In fact it probably is heroin or synthetic heroin.

:rolleyes

So show us where the quote proves the statement you made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Notice all the new posters we've never even seen before quickly coming to the aid of a struggling brother. Pretty interesting.

That's a fair comment actually half of these new poster's rarely post here if ever and if they do post it's probably taking the piss in someway. Will be interesting to hear back from one our newly appointed overlords, Lord Recliner, as to his motives for taking on the position in the first place. Take a step back though Demon and chilll:):) no point getting yourself banned over it, the decision has been made lets see how it goes.

alastair wrote: »
    Chuck Norris for instance?

Chuck Norris scares lies into truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

WakeUp wrote: »
    Welcome to forum:) I have a question if you don't mind seen as though you dont post here that often why do you want to moderate this forum and what will you bring to the position?

Well I don't post much here but I do read the forum and I find it interesting

I would hope I can bring impartiality to the Moderation of the forum as I read most threads with an open mind
    The Recliner, apart from being an economics mod would I be correct in assuming you would be part of the "boardsie" clique? What interest do you have in the forum? 7000 odd posts and none that I recall seeing here?

I got the Economics gig because they couldn't find any posters from within the forum at the time who were deemed suitable for Modding, someone twigged that I have an economics degree and asked would I step in, we recently appointed a New Mod to the forum who post regularly there and once he settles in I will hopefully step back from the forum and appoint someone else

As for Boardsie clique I don't think such a thing exists, I would be interested in seeing why other people think it does though?

I don't post often here mainly because the posters here know far more about the topics under discussion than I do, I like educating myself about such things so I read the forum
    And to whoever made the decision they must try to understand the scepticism at the appointments from certain quarters here.

I completely understand people questioning my appointment and have no problem with that whatsoever

I don't post here much so that is understandable but I do have a fair bit of Modding experience and I believe that I can bring a lot to the Modding of the forum

[qoute]
    Consistently, but especially recently conspiracy theory advocates have been subjected to a torrent of abuse that has essentially gone unpunished, which has led to a free for all. I am strongly of the view that it flys under the radar because it is a litany of sly digs that are aimed at a group to which the moderators dont belong. Therefore they are not conscious of the insults.

Like nullzero has said there will be no CT forum if things are allowed to continue they way they are. [/quote]

I don't like seeing this happen at all and I for one will be keeping a close eye on it
    3 (and I only assume four) out of the four mods on a CT forum are skeptics, makes no sense to me and cant happen by accident.

Why not add a 5th to the team?

Not a conspiracy theorist but I think mynameisurl would be ideal.

What about a moderate CT guy for mod too?
    What about nullzero?
    wakeup?
    Ireland Spirit?
    Torax?
    squod?

Squod the mod even has a nice ring to it. I can understand why you wouldnt have someone like uprising or myself, but cant think of single reason (assuming theyd accept) why they wouldnt be a better choice than the recliner chap, (nothing personal).

No offence taken

I assume I am the one you are unsure of

I would like to think i would not be placed on either side, I am open minded to most things (I like to think) and hopefully I can prove that with my Modding

WakeUp wrote: »
    That's a fair comment actually half of these new poster's rarely post here if ever and if they do post it's probably taking the piss in someway. Will be interesting to hear back from one our newly appointed overlords, Lord Recliner, as to his motives for taking on the position in the first place. Take a step back though Demon and chilll:):) no point getting yourself banned over it, the decision has been made lets see how it goes.

Thanks. I don't care if they ban me now, I'm not gonna post here after today. You see now that I mentioned it these new posters are nowhere to be found. Time for you guys to suss these people out, I've done all I can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Why do you edit my quotes? Try to discredit me all you like. I'm not concerned.

I haven't edited anything.
    Well now that you're not denying you're a freemason it's all sorted eh

Seriously why wasn't one of the hipster brigade considered? Bomber or Uprising would have been a good choice having someone from the CT team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thanks. I don't care if they ban me now, I'm not gonna post here after today. You see now that I mentioned it these new posters are nowhere to be found. Time for you guys to suss these people out, I've done all I can.

A guy who has been on Boards since April complaining about "New" posters?

There's something fishy going on here.....................

• Advertisement

Thanks. I don't care if they ban me now, I'm not gonna post here after today.

I see two possibilities here - rapid u-turn or a brand new sockpuppet account.

Odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Oh so much excitement and activity in this thread.Its like when christmas comes around for those who celebrate you know that tingly feeling that goes up your back :)
    Its been entertaining.
    I do want to welcome the new mods.Congrats on your online social promotion.I mean that with no malice too.
    I think Yekah's will make a good mod.I often agree and dissagree with his comments so that seems better than some mods i have come across already.And at the least on an even ground with them.
    I do agree a "ct'er" would be nice to have as a mod because it does really appear freemasons(or lovers thereof) and others in some kind of boards click are put forward out of the blue.
    I dont know who The Recliner is at all ^^
    I hear from the economy forum which does not bode well at all for conspiracy theories in general to be very honest.But i will stay open minded on that one.
    To be blunt i does not matter who is mod here.The general rule is protect the website from being sued first and foremost i would imagine, after that its keeping the status quo.
    i dont expect any massive changes just the ussual stuff which i have put up with patiently anyway since posting here.
    I thank BB for the mention but i would be one of the last people to take on that role :) I hate atention, like to keep to myself(and stay neutral/on the fence) and have no time for modding when i can be learning instead.From the well stereo typed and labeled "ct" side i guess there are only a few that are cool headed much like the "denier" side(ye i think i like that better than skeptic hehe).
    I do think though that in general things will settle down and i dont expect to see freemason threads closed for silly reasons i know or hope the new mods are not so flippant.
    Although i have seen it happen before from the old mods where a thread closes for a silly comment as appose to deleting said comment and allowing me to post a damn good comment instead :) that can be dissapointing so i would plead with the new mods to if anything remember that comment.
    Its just as easy to delete as it is to close.Sometimes threads are closed because it may not be exactly on topic etc even though the people here are really getting into a thread.
    So er welcome again and good luck its going to be a few hard weeks of stick and also funny comments before it settles.
    I will be looking forward to the freemason jokes and hope nobody takes them too personally as id like to crack a few myself :)

I haven't edited anything.
    Well now that you're not denying you're a freemason it's all sorted eh
    Aleister Crowley was never a Mason and knew much about their secrets. You have nothing to say so you just make up lies. Well I can spot a liar from a mile off and so can many others. Say what you like, I don't have to defend myself. The people on this forum are free to make up their own minds.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67954965&postcount=120

You can't lie when it's all written down. Try harder.

But they said they aint going to ban you Demon so just chill man:):) is all good. Walking away is actually the worse thing you could do, it means that anyone who doesn't agree with you and might want you gone, wins. The right thing to do is stay and keep posting, keep making your point's, keep getting in people's faces but do it in the right way. So dont be going anywhere alright!! !:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

alastair wrote: »
    I see two possibilities here - rapid u-turn or a brand new sockpuppet account.

Odds?

Thats if he doesn't already have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

studiorat wrote: »
    Seriously why wasn't one of the hipster brigade considered? Bomber or Uprising would have been a good choice having someone from the CT team.

Because they don't represent the views of the owners of this site. It's not that hard to figure out, is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thanks. I don't care if they ban me now, I'm not gonna post here after today.

You can't lie when it's all written down. .

Neither can you :pac:

Because they don't represent the views of the owners of this site. It's not that hard to figure out, is it?

So let me get this straight, Dev is a Freemason and he is using his puppet-strings to keep control of every aspect of the Boards, including assigning Mods to the CT forum in an attempt to stop those who are "getting close to the truth" from doing so?

So the question remains.................... why are you still here?

Neither can you :pac:

I'm not the one lying. I'm not the one running to the aid of a Freemason. Anyone here with even the slightest bit of reasoning ability can see what's happening here. Funny this is on a CT forum, the CTers will see through this soon enough...if they haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, Dev is a Freemason and he is using his puppet-strings to keep control of every aspect of the Boards, including assigning Mods to the CT forum in an attempt to stop those who are "getting close to the truth" from doing so?

If you find Demonspawn to be so objectionable why are you spending so much time talking to him?

Only on the internet.:pac:

Because the halfwits have failed to successfully discredit me so far. Freemason membership requirements must be slipping. You let me keep posting in hopes that I'll prove myself to be a lunatic, it's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Welcome new Mods! And good luck!

(demonspawn, if I see your name on my muppometer one more time [vitriolic abuse at a new mod on his welcome thread?!], you are sitebanned for an undetermined time. I am now following your posts and am watching your account. Confirmation of reading this will be understood to have taken place after your next post on this thread)

Enjoy modding, new mods, and drop by the Moderator forum when you can :)

I'm not the one lying. I'm not the one running to the aid of a Freemason. Anyone here with even the slightest bit of reasoning ability can see what's happening here. Funny this is on a CT forum, the CTers will see through this soon enough...if they haven't already.

Also, what you are pointing out here is that there are people who are "CTers", people who will believe in Conspiracy Theories in general?

Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Shouldn't your believing in something be taken on it's merits and be decided by looking at the proof etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Even most of the ardent CTers have welcomed the new mods, you unfortunately seem to be the only one resisting it. :o

Because the halfwits have failed to successfully discredit me so far. Freemason membership requirements must be slipping.

Then how do you explain your not being "Surpressed" so far? Why hasn't Dev banned you or deleted your account? Why haven't the mods shut you up?

Or, are you waiting to be banned so you can say "I spoke up and got banned! CONSPIRACY!!!!"

Shouldn't your believing in something be taken on it's merits and be decided by looking at the proof etc?

There's a novel idea!

You've already said he's not a freemason. He didn't say he was one.
    So who's lying now?

Because the halfwits have failed to successfully discredit me so far. Freemason membership requirements must be slipping. You let me keep posting in hopes that I'll prove myself to be a lunatic, it's not going to happen.

You've already done that :pac:

Gordon wrote: »
    Welcome new Mods! And good luck!

(demonspawn, if I see your name on my muppometer one more time [vitriolic abuse at a new mod on his welcome thread?!], you are sitebanned for an undetermined time. I am now following your posts and am watching your account. Confirmation of reading this will be understood to have taken place after your next post on this thread)

Enjoy modding, new mods, and drop by the Moderator forum when you can :)

With all due respect Gordon you're the MOD of the prsion forum not the CT forum, if you have an issue with somebody posting in your neck of the woods that is the place to take them to task not here, imo.

(edit) Have to take that back now seen as though your an Admin and probably have everyright to say such things to whom you choose. I take back that comment :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Then how do you explain your not being "Surpressed" so far? Why hasn't Dev banned you or deleted your account? Why haven't the mods shut you up?

Or, are you waiting to be banned so you can say "I spoke up and got banned! CONSPIRACY!!!!"

Your starting to get on my bristols now. Why are you and a few other blow ins trolling this thread when you¨ve never posted and never here before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement