Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Torakx wrote: »
    Also Gordon did you purposefully change your avatar to a giant superman G before posting in the ct forum? Thats one hell of a coincedance it looks like a wind up from the admins or else maybe demonspawn is right :)

Im not sure if your post was tongue in cheek, but AFAIK Gordon has always had that symbol as his Avatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aye, had this for ages, didn't know it was linked to freemasons, it's actually based on Super(G)man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

As i said ithought it both interesting and funny :)
    If its for freemasons then its interesting and if its coincedance its funny indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

i'm thinkin about starting my own freemasons group, even registering Freemasons name..if possible.

i'll be sure to invite you on board, Gordon...and DeVore and all other admins.
    you'd be valuable assets to my company and work in the high council.

your roles would be Czar of Education (Propaganda) and Handle PR (Media assassin) :D

So if we can get back on topic, i have already been impressed by the modding of yekahs.

If nothing else, i think that the new mods should at least be given a chance. A Mod's personal feelings shouldn't effect their modding.

I HAVE seen Mods on other forums let their personal feelings get in the way of their job. But i am of the opinion that most Mods across this whole site can mod in an ampartial manner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

demonspawn wrote: »
    Love your avatar by the way. I that doesn't just scream "Look at me, I'm a Freemason!" I don't know what does.

i hate this s***

ffs, uprising has/had a sig which included the following image
    BobMarley%26theWailersUprising.jpg

does that scream he's a mason?

vb0masons.jpg

(no offense uprising, sorry to bring this up again, i just hate that people can get so carried away with interpreting imagery that they lose the plot)

for the record - i can understand why a few people seem to have their knickers in a twist over new mods who haven't posted here before. shakey seems alright/not an inflammatory sort to me based on his/her posting history here. i would however be in favour of a few "avowed CTers" being made mods, if it stopped the stupid kinds of accusations of freemasonry been slung around like toys out of a pram

i think this whole site is way over-moderated anyway, but that's a whole other issue.

as a "pro- CTer" for mod i would propose Brown Bomber if he was interested.

I would agree about BB but there is a constant smear campaign against him that would be inflammed by him being made a mod.
    In some ways impartial can be better.
    But since we already have deniers and people i consider middle ground why not :) will add more spice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

I would agree about BB but there is a constant smear campaign against him that would be inflammed by him being made a mod.
    In some ways impartial can be better.
    But since we already have deniers and people i consider middle ground why not :) will add more spice.

I think BB is a great shout good call. The smear campaign has been shown by most of us as to be nothing more than an attempt to derail threads and its pretty much just one poster in particular that keeps on about it, it seems to have sorted itself out though recently so think it's all good.

Maybe we should get a list of names of poster's who would like to see BB elevated to overlord status. Then we can pm Bonkey or Humanji and ask them to forward the motion to the overlord high council for approval. I think that would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

But since we already have deniers...

Deniers eh?

and there's me thinking 'skeptics' was off the mark. Talk about perjorative!

alastair wrote: »
    Deniers eh?

and there's me thinking 'skeptics' was off the mark. Talk about perjorative!

Even when fellow posters disagree with someone here it's a "Smear Campaign" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

WakeUp wrote: »
    I think BB is a great shout good call. The smear campaign has been shown by most of us as to be nothing more than an attempt to derail threads and its pretty much just one poster in particular that keeps on about it, it seems to have sorted itself out though recently so think it's all good.

Are we talking about the constant obsession with Israelis, the IDF, 'zionists', Mossad, and anything else of a chosen people slant? I'm not sure that the old 'some of my best friends are Jewish' washes with that record. I'm certainly clear in my mind on where he's coming from, and I'd be the first to criticise Israeli policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

welcome new mods , its not like the CT is going to change ssince it's just the same people in power whether there's new mods or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

This forum needs a pro CT as mod, or even 2. The last time new mods were appointed we had a debate before hand. This time around its a matter of ( here are your new mods, now if you dont like it, piss off )

This forum needs a pro CT as mod, or even 2. The last time new mods were appointed we had a debate before hand. This time around its a matter of ( here are your new mods, now if you dont like it, piss off )

And this is the way it should be.

To think those posting should have a say in who mods is laughable, especially in such a contentious forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

MrStuffins wrote: »

To think those posting should have a say in who mods is laughable, especially in such a contentious forum.

I like to think it creates a more open and trusted forum.
    My my, you really hate the idea of a pro CT mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

alastair wrote: »
    Are we talking about the constant obsession with Israelis, the IDF, 'zionists', Mossad, and anything else of a chosen people slant? I'm not sure that the old 'some of my best friends are Jewish' washes with that record. I'm certainly clear in my mind on where he's coming from, and I'd be the first to criticise Israeli policy.

No it isn't an obsession at all actually and nobody is saying "some of my best friends are jewish" only you. Certain threads are started, for example about the IDF and within a few comments of the thread begining it has been turned into an issue over religion or "chosen people" as you put it. It seem's you can't have a go at the military or a government from a particualr country, lets say Israel, without being branded as having an agenda. If you are clear in your mind on where he is coming from then Im happy for you but lets not get into a debate, this is neither the time nor the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

I hate to stray off topic, but I can't understand why some people feel there should be a balance of CT and skeptic moderators. That should not even be considered in the criteria. It's perfectly fine for conspiracy theorist to become a mod so long as he meets the usual standards that apply forum-wide, likewise for a skeptic.

I do agree that the forum regulars should have at least some input in to who becomes moderator. I'm not saying the final decision is down to them, that would be silly on any website, but their opinions should at least be taken into account. Unfortunately in a forum like this, those opinions would be based on whether the individual is a CT or a skeptic which would make it all rather pointless. I am new here though and maybe the majority are capable of basing opinions on the right reasons. I wouldn't call the notion 'laughable' like MrStuffins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

A wild lurker appears

Good luck mods you'll need it.

+ IMHO The reason there are a no "pro" ct mods is because the "pro" ct demographic has a higher percentage of biased angry people. The odds are stacked in favour of "skeptic" mods because of this.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

as a "pro- CTer" for mod i would propose Brown Bomber if he was interested

I would agree about BB

I think BB is a great shout good call

HAHA! Cheers lads, feeliing the love :D

I even have my own slogan:

Power to the people, not power to the sheeple ;)

Seriously though, I'd say there is more chance of me taking a swine-flu shot.

MrStuffins wrote: »

I don't mean to be rude but who are you and what is your interest in this forum?

Its not making a lick of sense to me.

• Advertisement

Sparticle wrote: »
    A wild lurker appears

+ IMHO The reason there are a no "pro" ct mods is because the "pro" ct demographic has a higher percentage of biased angry people. The odds are stacked in favour of "skeptic" mods because of this.

Thats bollox for a start. Easily the two most angry and biased people here are skeptics.

A wild lurker appears

Oh i see, so the average pertains to all :)
    For me its about who can see it as a sort of job to follow rules close to strictly while still being able to hold an oppinion no matter what the oppinion is.Being a denier or a ct'er.
    The reason i would say a cter would be nice to have is because on average it is those who are interested in this forum and conspiracies who post alot of the threads here.
    I would like all mods to be regular posters of threads(or at least have about 10 threads under their belt) as well as very active on this forum.
    Thats how its done on other unrelated forums i have been on for many years.And there isnt really any issues with trolls because the regulars keep on top of it and dont miss much....because they are regular and are also known as being interested in this topic so are already familiar with the other regulars.
    So i can understand the confusion.But really a good mod is not depending on their views and oppinions but more to do with maturity,self control especially and always polite and able to follow the rules.The knowing your minions is a major bonus imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Thats bollox for a start. Easily the two most angry and biased people here are skeptics.

demonspawn was worse than both of them in my opinion. Who are a list of posters on the ct side that you think would make a good mod?

I said a higher percentage. Surely you have noticed that CTers are more likely to be unstable than "non" CTers

Who are a list of posters on the ct side that you think would make a good mod?

This isn't directed at me but I'll answer because I'm an attention whore.

Torakx and maybe Uprising.

I don't mean to be rude but who are you and what is your interest in this forum?

Its not making a lick of sense to me.

I'm MrStuffins (i thought this was quite clear).

My interest in the forum is the same as anyone else's.

Oh i see, so the average pertains to all :).

I meant it in a probability sense not as in "CTrs" can't be mods as some are lunatics. I think there is a largely artificial divide between a sceptic and a CTer hence the "".

I meant it in a probability sense not as in "CTrs" can't be mods as some are lunatics. I agree with you that the divide between sceptic and CTer is largely artificial hence the "".

I happen to think the criteria for modding any particular forum should not include if whether they fall on one side of a divide or not.

A moderator should be impartial.

demonspawn was worse than both of them in my opinion. Who are a list of posters on the ct side that you think would make a good mod?

HAHA!!!

"both" of who?? I never mentioned any names. Though the fact that you seem to know who I am talking about seems to prove my point doesn't it?

I agreed with some of demonspawns points but not his overall approach tbh. Having said that he was only here for a week or so, so I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for a time.

• Advertisement

In no particular order a great bunch o' lads
    1. Squod
    2. Uprising
    3. Torax
    4. Wakeup
    5. Nullzero
    6. Irelandspirit
    None of are "unstable" as someone has succintly put it. All more than capable IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement