Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options
  • 11-09-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

I see yekahs and The Recliner are showing up as mods of the forum. What's that about?

Only joking....I know what its about.

Myself and humanji have been discussing increasing the team-size over the past while...and finally got around to doing something about it.

Please welcome them to the team, (and give them a chance before hanging them on high ;) )

As we've done with previous team-changes, we'll use this as a chance to review the charter and how things are done around here in general. I see the Feedback thread has been acticve recently, so we'll take all you've had to say on board. Feel free to continue giving thoughts on where we could go / what we could try to improve things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Are you fuking serious? This is a joke right? One of the biggest skeptics/deniers on these forums is now a mod? Well, I think I'm just about done posting here. Good luck. Now I know this site is run by Freemasons. I start posting threads and stuff exposing them and all of a sudden a wannabe Freemason is a mod. Worst conspiracy ever, I'm outta here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

lmfao jaysus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

haha

why not give the job to Di0genes and alastair instead? they'd make great mods.

I just posted a thread in feedback. I welcome all CTers on this forum to express their feelings about our new "moderator" there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

demonspawn wrote: »
    Worst conspiracy ever

But it supports your theory in some form does it not :p

I think it's near time, well done lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you fuking serious? This is a joke right? One of the biggest skeptics/deniers on these forums is now a mod? Well, I think I'm just about done posting here. Good luck. Now I know this site is run by Freemasons. I start posting threads and stuff exposing them and all of a sudden a wannabe Freemason is a mod. Worst conspiracy ever, I'm outta here.

Have you completely lost the plot or is this a joke?

EnterNow wrote: »
    But it supports your theory in some form does it not :p

I think it's near time, well done lads :)

Supports my theory? I bloody well confirms it to be honest. Absolute fuking disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You also accused me of being a Freemason though so I think your CT-meter may be a little off...:pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    Have you completely lost the plot or is this a joke?

Yeah, I've lost the plot. I honestly can't believe they'd be so stupid as to show their hand like this. They must obviously think we're all complete idiots. Well, they're in for a rude awakening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, I've lost the plot. I honestly can't believe they'd be so stupid as to show their hand like this. They must obviously think we're all complete idiots. Well, they're in for a rude awakening.

:confused:
    Well at least you admit you're crazy in the head

• Advertisement

:confused:
    Well at least you admit you're crazy in the head

Yeah, a wannabe Freemason has just been appointed as mod of this forum and I'm just making it all up in my head. The owner of this site is suspected of being a Freemason. I'm fuking bonkers alright.

Well, they're in for a rude awakening.

By you not posting here anymore? Am I a Freemason too?

I'm fuking bonkers alright.

Admitting is the first step to recovery !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's completely unfair. yekahs is by no means one of the biggest skeptics here.. he's always shown an open mind towards theories. You can't label everyone that doesn't agree with everything you believe to be true as a skeptic.. the same goes for the opposite.

Well done guys.. hopefully you can improve the place.. not gonna be easy by the looks of it!

Someone who openly admits a desire to join the freemasons will now moderate a CT forum objectively without any bias whatsoever? :D

The equivilant would be letting a Fianna Fail party member moderate the politics forum.

Why not just close the CT forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Hi Demonspawn,

Sorry to hear you didn't like the decision to make me a mod. But its really irrelevant what side of the spectrum you come from when it comes to being a mod. All you have to have is an ability to enforce the charter, regardless of who is breaking the rules.

I feel that I am objective in this regard. If you could see my reported post history, you would see that I have reported far far more posts from sceptics than proponents of CTs.

Also, you say I am not open to any CTs. This is simply not true. I have started threads which I put forward CTs. I have changed my viewpoints on a number of issues since I began posting here.

As for the freemason thing. I have been completely upfront about everything there. I have let the members of this forum know of my intentions before my family!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but all I can do is say, that I will aim to be completely objective in any mod decision I have to make, and I look forward to continuing to post on this forum and explore all the CTs I am interested in.

That's completely unfair. yekahs is by no means one of the biggest skeptics here.. he's always shown an open mind towards theories. You can't label everyone that doesn't agree with everything you believe to be true as a skeptic.. the same goes for the opposite.

Well done guys.. hopefully you can improve the place.. not gonna be easy by the looks of it!

Thanks very much MNiURL, means a lot! :D

yekahs wrote: »
    Hi Demonspawn,

Sorry to hear you didn't like the decision to make me a mod. But its really irrelevant what side of the spectrum you come from when it comes to being a mod. All you have to have is an ability to enforce the charter, regardless of who is breaking the rules.

I feel that I am objective in this regard. If you could see my reported post history, you would see that I have reported far far more posts from sceptics than proponents of CTs.

Also, you say I am not open to any CTs. This is simply not true. I have started threads which I put forward CTs. I have changed my viewpoints on a number of issues since I began posting here.

As for the freemason thing. I have been completely upfront about everything there. I have let the members of this forum know of my intentions before my family!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but all I can do is say, that I will aim to be completely objective in any mod decision I have to make, and I look forward to continuing to post on this forum and explore all the CTs I am interested in.

Great. Well, seeing as you're a mod now how about you enforce this.

Go fuk yourself and fuk this forum. Now ban me and go fuk yourself again.

Back with a vengence baby...oh the irony. Bumpiest welcome thread I've ever seen! :D

yekahs, are you member of freemasons now?

• Advertisement

Someone who openly admits a desire to join the freemasons will now moderate a CT forum objectively without any bias whatsoever? :D

The equivilant would be letting a Fianna Fail party member moderate the politics forum.

Not really. I have been posting here long before I ever expressed any interest in the masons. In fact half of the reason I have enquired to join is from reading about them here and wanting to find out for myself.

Surely, having someone "on the inside" could only help the CT forum, as I can answer any questions anyone has about the masons.

I have always been honest on this forum. I was under absolutely no obligation to let anyone know I was joining the masons, but I did anyway.

But just to reiterate. All I will be doing, is to continue to post as I always have, and occasionally put on the mod hat, if I have to deal with a breach of the rules.

yekahs, are you member of freemasons now?
    No

Great. Well, seeing as you're a mod now how about you enforce this.

Go fuk yourself and fuk this forum. Now ban me and go fuk yourself again.

Demonspawn, I have no ill intentions towards you, but you have left me with little choice.

I don't want want to get off on the wrong foot. Perhaps give me a chance before lambasting me with profanities?

I've given you an infraction. I think it is sad that my first action as a mod is to infract a fellow CT poster in my welcome thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Oul shakey ain't the worst, I know a few here that would be far worse!

I thanked some post's by demonspawn coz they made me laugh, but shakey I think is fair and open minded, and I have noticed a slight change in his thinking.

While I despise the freemason's and all they stand for, he did openly admit it.

Just as I was about to post this I got a PM from shakey that I haven't yet read, maybe my first warning from him??:D.

And I do think that his desire to be a freemason may have prompted Devore to promote him, he gave him a chance instead of slitting his throat!!

Anyway we can still slag the funny hanshake club and expose it.

This post reminds me of the "Pipe's of Peace" video, but it's only a lull, back to the good fight now.

Let's see how objective yekahs is.

Here's his Youtube channel for those interested. An atheist Freemason? Yeah, pull the other one. The "Conformity" video in his video favorites is very interesting.

This place makes me sick. I'm surprised you didn't ban me for that post yekahs, doing your best to be seen to be objective I see. People on this forum are not stupid. If you think they are then that's just fine. Makes our job so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

bonkey wrote: »
    I see yekahs and The Recliner are showing up as mods of the forum. What's that about?

Only joking....I know what its about.

Myself and humanji have been discussing increasing the team-size over the past while...and finally got around to doing something about it.

Please welcome them to the team, (and give them a chance before hanging them on high ;) )

As we've done with previous team-changes, we'll use this as a chance to review the charter and how things are done around here in general. I see the Feedback thread has been acticve recently, so we'll take all you've had to say on board. Feel free to continue giving thoughts on where we could go / what we could try to improve things.

To be honest I'm not too surprised, there's never been any real balance here and so it continues.
    Yekahs has a half decent record on the forum but I've also seen him praising some posters who are openly abusive to others on a regular basis.

Ther activity on the feedback thread has been for an increase in enforcement of the rules especially with regard to how people treat each other and the lack of respect being shown from one side to the other.
    I made these points myself and was told that enforcing the rules in a manner I would think should be seen as "properly" is too much of a hassle thus perpetuating the problems on the forum.

If things change for the better I'll be happy, but I'm yet to be convinced that this will be the case. Feel free to prove me wrong.

We need to take the 9-11 (and related topics) superthread idea seriously, the forum is full of identical threads full of the same tired arguments.
    We need to be punishing people (from either side) who continuosly abuse others (even after being banned), if you can't treat people with respect you should be perma banned (we've already seen two CTer's recieve this punishment recently).
    Full and equal implementation of the rules is required in order for the forum to be taken seriously.
    I'm often told that I only complain about the misdeeds of sceptics, but when you look at what goes on CTer's get banned for acting the way sceptics are allowed to act.
    If you want open and balanced discussion you need to have a level playing field, currently that isn't the case.

Best of luck to the new mod's in correcting these problems.

And Yekahs, I don't want a "mutual mastubation forum" as you put it to me recently, I just want a fair level playing field as outlined above.

I thought you were member because of the FM logo in your signature.

Yeah, it would be interesting to have someone on the inside but if you're made a member, you swear an oath of secrecy, correct?

If that's true, i'm not sure what questions you'd be able to answer.

I know some FM members (not personally) and they're usually all people with some kind of power or influence.

Do you have power or influence?
    If you don't, it's unlikely they'll invite you to join.

Let's see how objective yekahs is.

This place makes me sick.

Why are you still here then? Why do you think being abusive is going to get anyone to listen to you?

I thought you were member because of the FM logo in your signature.

Yeah, it would be interesting to have someone on the inside but if you're made a member, you swear an oath of secrecy, correct?

If that's true, i'm not sure what questions you'd be able to answer.

I know some FM members (not personally) and they're usually all people with some kind of power or influence.

Do you have power or influence?
    If you don't, it's unlikely they'll invite you to join.

His Youtube channel says he's an atheist. Atheists are never accepted into the Freemasons. He's a liar just like the rest of them.

Why are you still here then?

To expose this guy as a liar and a fraud, just as I try to expose the Freemasons as liars and frauds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you don't like it - no one is demanding you to stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement