Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

bluewolf wrote: »
    You've already said he's not a freemason. He didn't say he was one.
    So who's lying now?

Over 8000 posts and we're supposed to believe that you don't know how the PM function works?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

WakeUp wrote: »
    With all due respect Gordon you're the MOD of the prsion forum not the CT forum, if you have an issue with somebody posting in your neck of the woods that is the place to take them to task not here, imo.

:pac:

Your starting to get on my bristols now. Why are you and a few other blow ins trolling this thread when you¨ve never posted and never here before?

Who is trolling? i am asking questions?

Isn't that allowed? Isn't questioning things the whole point of this forum?

I don't have to be part of any sort of CT clique to post by the way!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nullzero wrote: »
    Over 8000 posts and we're supposed to believe that you don't know how the PM function works?

I know how it works. Did someone tell us to take it to PM that I didn't see?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who is trolling? i am asking questions?

Isn't that allowed?

Strictly speaking you're posting off topic and dragging out a tit for tat argument with another user that you could be keeping to PM and thus sparing us your presence here.

• Advertisement

Strictly speaking you're posting off topic and dragging out a tit for tat argument with another user that you could be keeping to PM and thus sparing us your presence here.

How exactly are my posts off topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Gordon wrote: »
    Welcome new Mods! And good luck!

(demonspawn, if I see your name on my muppometer one more time [vitriolic abuse at a new mod on his welcome thread?!], you are sitebanned for an undetermined time. I am now following your posts and am watching your account. Confirmation of reading this will be understood to have taken place after your next post on this thread)

Enjoy modding, new mods, and drop by the Moderator forum when you can :)

Site ban me. I don't care. I've already said I'm not posting here after today and if my fellow CTers had a bit of sense neither would they. I know why yakahs has been given his role and I know why it was given today of all days. I'm not an idiot.

I know how it works. Did someone tell us to take it to PM that I didn't see?

Oh right, because teacher didn't tell you to be daft via PM we should all have to read thtough your trolling, I see how it works now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you trying to suppress us ?!!!

Oh right, because teacher didn't tell you to be daft via PM we should all have to read thtough your trolling, I see how it works now...

How am I trolling that demonspawn isn't?
    Are you one of his freemason or rotarian friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

With all due respect Gordon you're the MOD of the prsion forum not the CT forum, if you have an issue with somebody posting in your neck of the woods that is the place to take them to task not here, imo.
    I'm an Administrator on this website, it's my duty to make sure that users (regular users, mods, cmods etc) are happy and there are no problems on the sitewide scale. I am requesting that a user stick to the general sitewide rules, I appreciate everybody to stick to the sitewide rules, and if someone unsticks themselves from the sitewide rules I step in and take appropriate action. If you wish to discuss this further please PM me or start a Helpdesk thread.

Mods, sorry for the off-topicness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

He's also an adminstrator. Puppetmaster of the mods (and probably a Rotarian too).

If you find Demonspawn to be so objectionable why are you spending so much time talking to him?

Only on the internet.:pac:

It's not a case of finding anyone objectionable.

The case is, he is saying this place is corrupt, yet he continues to post?

How exactly are my posts off topic?

I have no idea, I must have been dreaming.

I'm an Administrator on this website, it's my duty to make sure that users (regular users, mods, cmods etc) are happy and there are no problems on the sitewide scale. I am requesting that a user stick to the general sitewide rules, I appreciate everybody to stick to the sitewide rules, and if someone unsticks themselves from the sitewide rules I step in and take appropriate action. If you wish to discuss this further please PM me or start a Helpdesk thread.

Love your avatar by the way. I that doesn't just scream "Look at me, I'm a Freemason!" I don't know what does.

It's not a case of finding anyone objectionable.

The case is, he is saying this place is corrupt, yet he continues to post?

And you continue to entertain him.

I have no idea, I must have been dreaming.

Indeed! As you can see, my posts have been on topic and have been asking questions.

You wouldn't be trying to discourage me from questioning things now would you?

And you continue to entertain him.

If he really believed what he was saying, he would not post here and therefore he would not be here to be entertained.

But let's get back on topic shall we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

alastair wrote: »
    He's also an adminstrator. Puppetmaster of the mods (and probably a Rotarian too).

I hear they eat babies too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

I just noticed that your an admin and I've just edited my previous comment before I read this reply. Obviously you can say and do what you choose, point taken:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I hear they eat babies too!

Only on Fridays

• Advertisement

Indeed! As you can see, my posts have been on topic and have been asking questions.

You wouldn't be trying to discourage me from questioning things now would you?

You've been asking off topic questions.
    Demonspawn made a point about Yekahs, but it is off topic.
    You chose to get into an argument with him so you are off topic also.
    You wouldn't be trying to discourage the use of logic now would you?

demonspawn wrote: »
    I'm not the one lying. I'm not the one running to the aid of a Freemason. Anyone here with even the slightest bit of reasoning ability can see what's happening here. Funny this is on a CT forum, the CTers will see through this soon enough...if they haven't already.
    me wrote:
    You've already said he's not a freemason. He didn't say he was one.
    So who's lying now?
    Still waiting ?!

I just noticed that your an admin and I've just edited my previous comment before I read this reply. Obviously you can say and do what you choose, point taken:)

Sorry for THIS off-topic post.... but your Username is now very apt :pac:

You've been asking off topic questions.
    Demonspawn made a point about Yekahs, but it is off topic.
    You chose to get into an argument with him so you are off topic also.
    You wouldn't be trying to discourage the use of logic now would you?

You are now arguing with me.

woman_ironing.jpg

Also, i will not be dragged into an Off-Topic argument with you. Bye!

Still waiting ?!

You walk down the road and meet two men. One always lies and one always tells the truth. What question do you ask to find out which one is which?

You are now arguing with me.

woman_ironing.jpg

Also, i will not be dragged into an Off-Topic argument with you. Bye!

I sure was.
    Good way to make my point though.
    See you soon, or perhaps not.

demonspawn wrote: »
    You walk down the road and meet two men. One always lies and one always tells the truth. What question do you ask to find out which one is which?

You said he isn't a freemason then you changed your mind and said he is
    Simple question, is he or isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Sorry for THIS off-topic post.... but your Username is now very apt :pac:

:D:D:D Goodman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I just had to say that cat video posted be soveirgn was so funny i had tears in my eyes laughing at it!
    Also Gordon did you purposefully change your avatar to a giant superman G before posting in the ct forum? Thats one hell of a coincedance it looks like a wind up from the admins or else maybe demonspawn is right :)
    I do fully accept its not a free speech forum and that the owners will is paramount.Either way i thought it interesting and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Zombienosh wrote: »
    How did mods get picked? Should have been applications or votes or something, that way no one could complain....

That hasn't helped Fianna Fail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement