Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

demonspawn wrote: »
    To expose this guy as a liar and a fraud, just as I try to expose the Freemasons as liars and frauds.

What's he lying about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

Oh, it's you again...alastair *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I heard The Recliner is a member of the Freemasons. Probably because I saw him at our last meeting. That, and he mods the Economics forum, so you know he's in on the banking conspiracy.

\Stirs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why do you think being abusive is going to get anyone to listen to you?

It works for the sceptics here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Seriously, funniest thread in ages.
    And on 9/11 too? Nice.

Congrats Yehaks and other dude who I don't recognise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Hello

It seems to have escaped some people's attention but I have also been made Mod :)

I don't post very often here but I do lurk a lot

I have seen mention above of the charter being implemented equally for both sides all I can say is that from my point of view is that it will

Abuse is abuse and I wont tolerate it no matter which side of the discussion it comes from

Having been around a while I am not afraid to ban people for misbehaving but hopefully I wont have to do to much of that if people can be civil to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm often told that I only complain about the misdeeds of sceptics, but when you look at what goes on CTer's get banned for acting the way sceptics are allowed to act.
    If you want open and balanced discussion you need to have a level playing field, currently that isn't the case.

Those blinkers of yours are a great asset nullzero.

alastair wrote: »
    If you don't like it - no one is demanding you to stay.

The way things are going this forum will soon be a "CT debunking forum" only.
    Do you want open discussion or do you prefer everyone agreeing with you?
    Remember, if all the CTer's dissapear you won't have anyone left to insult, so think carefully.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

uprising2 wrote: »
    And I do think that his desire to be a freemason may have prompted Devore to promote him, he gave him a chance instead of slitting his throat!!

Just so everyone is quite clear on this point - moderator appointments are made following a vote on the potential new mod by ALL admins. Whether DeV is or isn't a Freemason is irrelevant, he still has only one vote on the issue and can easily be outvoted by the rest of the admins.

To expose this guy as a liar and a fraud, just as I try to expose the Freemasons as liars and frauds.

yekahs was very lenient with you earlier and well done to him for showing such restraint

I have no qualms whatsoever about banning you for good from this forum, your posts earlier deserve it

Push it again and you are not long for this forum

• Advertisement

Those blinkers of yours are a great asset nullzero.

As are your's for you Alastair.

Not to mention your condscending attitude and your constant insulting of other members being a great asset to the forum at large.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm surprised you didn't ban me for that post yekahs, doing your best to be seen to be objective I see. People on this forum are not stupid. If you think they are then that's just fine. Makes our job so much easier.
    So because he didn't ban you he's just trying to be subjective and if he did ban you he would have been showing his bias, right?

As for "people on this forum" a number of strong CTers have come out in support of the new mods so you clearly don't speak for everyone here. On that note I, for one, would like to welcome our new overlords. It doesn't seem like an easy job so props for taking on the responsibility! :)

King Mob wrote: »
    Congrats Yehaks and other dude who I don't recognise.

Yeah.
    Who the fvck is the recliner anyway?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

9/11 was an inside job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

Yeah.
    Who the fvck is the recliner anyway?:pac:

**** knows, he sounds comfortable tho :pac:

The way things are going this forum will soon be a "CT debunking forum" only.
    Do you want open discussion or do you prefer everyone agreeing with you?
    Remember, if all the CTer's dissapear you won't have anyone left to insult, so think carefully.

Pull the other one - it's got bells on.

If the various advocates of CT's can't support their perspective against facts, then the emphasis is going to be on the specifics of the, eh, reality.

For a bunch of people who notionally advocate an alternative perspective, you're awfully reticent to actually specify what you do believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Your incessant cries of tyranny only damages the idea of CTs.

Here's one for you, maybe you're an Agent Provocateur who has been payed to post here erratically and aggressively in order to discredit anyone that might someday agree with something you might say.. see? It's easy to base an idea on some crap with little understanding of the person you're aiming it towards, and it doesn't mean that any of it is true. You should seriously calm down if you truly do believe the stuff you post, because otherwise nobody can take it seriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Sigh.

Demonspawn, I think you should take a deep breath and relax.

Also, thank you for publishing my dormant youtube account from 2 years ago. I've had to go and delete the videos. If it was something I wanted to share with the forum I would have.

I openly admit to being an agnostic. I'm not an atheist. I summed up my religious beliefs in a post in the freemasons thread you took so much interest in.
    yekahs wrote:
    I don't really know what name I'd call it. Perhaps the creative force. Grand Architect wouldn't be a bad name either. Essentially my belief is that before there was the universe as we know it in its present form there was a 'creative force' that 13.7bn years or so ago, for whatever reason, changed to everything we see and experience today, including time and space itself.

I see this through the the beauty of the universe. Not a subjective awe inspiring beauty like when you look at the hubble deep space photos, but a beauty in the perfect mathematics of the universe. The fact that everything is just so. The ordered and rules based universe, is what leads me to believe there was an original creative entity, and that it is now everywhere. In every atom of the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

gizmo wrote: »
    So because he didn't ban you he's just trying to be subjective and if he did ban you he would have been showing his bias, right?

As for "people on this forum" a number of strong CTers have come out in support of the new mods so you clearly don't speak for everyone here. On that note I, for one, would like to welcome our new overlords. It doesn't seem like an easy job so props for taking on the responsibility! :)

I've been banned for lesser infractions. Yekahs has to appear to be fair and objective for this illusion to work, just like he has to appear to be an atheist on his Youtube channel, so he can continue to spread his misinformation. Freemasons know their job and they do them pretty well. Fortunately, I also know what Freemasons do so the illusions fail on me. I practiced Solomon's rituals myself, I know what it's all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Congratulations yekahs and The Recliner

• Advertisement

As are your's for you Alastair.

Not to mention your condscending attitude and your constant insulting of other members being a great asset to the forum at large.

I like to shine a light on the many holes in the half-baked. I guess you don't have to like it, but it's good for you.

yekahs wrote: »
    Sigh.

Demonspawn, I think you should take a deep breath and relax.

Also, thank you for publishing my dormant youtube account from 2 years ago. I've had to go and delete the videos. If it was something I wanted to share with the forum I would have.

I openly admit to being an agnostic. I'm not an atheist. I summed up my religious beliefs in a post in the freemasons thread you took so much interest in.

Why delete the videos if you're so honest and up front? Surely you have nothing in your past you wish to hide? Yeah, I love your honesty alright. The problem with you people is you arrogance. You think we can't see through your facade. Well, I can.

Pull the other one - it's got bells on.

If the various advocates of CT's can't support their perspective against facts, then the emphasis is going to be on the specifics of the, eh, reality.

For a bunch of people who notionally advocate an alternative perspective, you're awfully reticent to actually specify what you do believe.

People wont enter discussion with you because of your attitude.

You don't trust Ct sources, Cter's don't trust you sources.
    You both think you've got the facts but you disagree with each other and thats just fine.
    What isn't fine is abusing people for the awful crime of disagreeing with you or not giving you information they're under no obligation to give you in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I practiced Solomon's rituals myself, I know what it's all about.
    Did those involve hitting yourself in the head
    I've been banned for lesser infractions. Yekahs has to appear to be fair and objective
    That's all we ask from a mod, isn't it. Seem fair and objective.
    He is also being quite lenient with you

Agent Provocateur

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg&t=1

I like to shine a light on the many holes in the half-baked. I guess you don't have to like it, but it's good for you.

Your problem is that you consistantly fail to understand that it is possible to make a point without insulting the person you're having a discussion with.
    When you insult people you give them a good reason not to continue discussions with you.

People wont enter discussion with you because of your attitude.

You don't trust Ct sources, Cter's don't trust you sources.
    You both think you've got the facts but you disagree with each other and thats just fine.
    What isn't fine is abusing people for the awful crime of disagreeing with you or not giving you information they're under no obligation to give you in the first place.

Do you ever do anything here but carp about 'abuse'? I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that contained any actual information.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did those involve hitting yourself in the head

That's all we ask from a mod, isn't it. Seem fair and objective.
    He is also being quite lenient with you

Your insults won't work on me. I'm not ashamed of what I believe, which is what you and people like you try so desperately to achieve. You mock those that get close to the truth so they appear foolish.

Soveriegn wrote: »
    **** knows, he sounds comfortable tho :pac:

Yes I feel like I am part of the furniture in this forum already :)

• Advertisement

Do you ever do anything here but carp about 'abuse'? I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that contained any actual information.

Probably because I steer clear of the tedious 9-11 threads you're so partial to. There is a whole world of CT's outside that subject. I've also been posting on this particular forum longer than you, so i'll forgive you for missing things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement