Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nullzero wrote: »
    You don't trust Ct sources

I don't trust faith-based speculation - from wherever. That there's mountains of the same in CT sites isn't my fault - if CT sites actually decided to work from an evidencial basis, then it would be a different story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

demonspawn wrote: »
    Your insults won't work on me. I'm not ashamed of what I believe, which is what you and people like you try so desperately to achieve. You mock those that get close to the truth so they appear foolish.

People like me? What am I like then?
    And don't you agree mods should be fair and objective?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yekah's and The Recliner, after reading this thread I can only say, hard f*cking luck! Next time you'll know to say "NO!". :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Why delete the videos if you're so honest and up front? Surely you have nothing in your past you wish to hide? Yeah, I love your honesty alright. The problem with you people is you arrogance. You think we can't see through your facade. Well, I can.

Perhaps, because I like that I have a certain amount of privacy? I don't want to have people knowing what I look and sound like. Is that not fair?

Also, my patience is running thin with your insults. If you have genuine grievances with my appointment, you are welcome to bring them forth and myself and the other mods and admins will certainly listen. However insults are only going to get you one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I find a lot of the ideas in this forum facinating and i like to read them.

But i try not to get into the discussions. And why is this? This is because there are a lot of people like Demonspawn here.

Everything is a conspiracy. And if i agree with 99% of your theory but not 1% of it? "YOU'RE IN ON IT!"

In this thread, Demonspawn has come across incredibly irrational and this happens quite a lot in threads, here some people have pre-conceived ideas and REFUSE to listen to anyone.

And sometimes they get childish and react like petulant kids if they don't get their own way (which happened here with the terrible and unwarrented personal abuse).

I'm hoping the new mods can clean the place up a bit and those like myself will not be discouraged from contributing!

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Probably because I steer clear of the tedious 9-11 threads you're so partial to. There is a whole world of CT's outside that subject. I've also been posting on this particular forum longer than you, so i'll forgive you for missing things.

Your posting history tells a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Yes I feel like I am part of the furniture in this forum already :)

Yea the doormat so far, haha, only joking don't get all jumpy with the ban button.

Welcome, I have no idea who you are but I'm sure I'll soon find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

alastair wrote: »
    I don't trust faith-based speculation - from wherever. That there's mountains of the same in CT sites isn't my fault - if CT sites actually decided to work from an evidencial basis, then it would be a different story.

I didn't mean purely stuff from CT sites, you know that I mean.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

Bleedin lickarses :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Best of luck lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

yekahs wrote: »
    Perhaps, because I like that I have a certain amount of privacy? I don't want to have people knowing what I look and sound like. Is that not fair?

Also, my patience is running thin with your insults. If you have genuine grievances with my appointment, you are welcome to bring them forth and myself and the other mods and admins will certainly listen. However insults are only going to get you one thing.

What? Privacy on a Youtube account with your exact same username? All I had to do was Google it and your Youtube channel came up. Go on, pull the other one again. I wonder what else I can find with your username.

I bet your patience is running thin. Nobody likes to be exposed for what they are, do they? You better ban me before I uncover some other dark secrets about you. Not like that will help though, better get your buddy DeVore to block my ip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Alistair an Nullzero, knock off the digs at each other.

As Bonkey said in the first post we are looking for ways to improve the forum and pehaps amend the charter. As the new mod here, I'd like to be an integral part of that. The best way of getting things changed is to stop and compose a suggestion of what aspect of the charter you would change, and how you would like it to be applied, rather than attacking each others posting styles.

Like your 9/11 superthread suggestion Nullzero. Its a good idea and, if we could expand on what exactly we want, I could get working on it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I bet your patience is running thin. Nobody likes to be exposed for what they are, do they? You better ban me before I uncover some other dark secrets about you. Not like that will help though, better get your buddy DeVore to block my ip.

:rolleyes:

Soveriegn wrote: »
    Bleedin lickarses :pac:

Wouldn't surprise me if every mod on here was a Freemason. Notice how they all run to support each other when one is criticized. It happens all over this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

uprising2 wrote: »
    Welcome, I have no idea who you are but I'm sure I'll soon find out.

No worries, I like it that way

Like my Avatar I am stealthy and you will only see me when I am ready to pounce

Moderaptor RAWR! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluewolf wrote:
    I wonder if demonspawn is in the freemasons and engaging in undercover anti-propaganda. You know, make the "everyone is in the freemasons!" people look like they're crazy, so nobody will accuse anyone of being in the freemasons.
    Wouldn't surprise me if every mod on here was a Freemason. Notice how they all run to support each other when one is criticized. It happens all over this site.

You know if I'm right, he's doing an awfully good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This threads great, This is how CT should be, healthy disagreement!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

yekahs wrote: »
    Alistair an Nullzero, knock off the digs at each other.

As Bonkey said in the first post we are looking for ways to improve the forum and pehaps amend the charter. As the new mod here, I'd like to be an integral part of that. The best way of getting things changed is to stop and compose a suggestion of what aspect of the charter you would change, and how you would like it to be applied, rather than attacking each others posting styles.

Like your 9/11 superthread suggestion Nullzero. Its a good idea and, if we could expand on what exactly we want, I could get working on it tomorrow.

I'm heading out soon Yekahs, but I'll try and give you a few ideas before I go.
    As for the spat with Alastair, I Pm'd him asking him to continue the "discussion" privately, I'm still awaiting a reply.

Glazers Out!

Oh my Yekahs, seems you're all over the Google talking about atheism. Seems there's a lot more to you than meets the eye.

bluewolf wrote: »
    You know if I'm right, he's doing an awfully good job

Great job trying to spread misinformation and turn the suspicions on me. Typical tactic really, you should try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Hello

It seems to have escaped some people's attention but I have also been made Mod :)

I don't post very often here but I do lurk a lot

I have seen mention above of the charter being implemented equally for both sides all I can say is that from my point of view is that it will

Abuse is abuse and I wont tolerate it no matter which side of the discussion it comes from

Having been around a while I am not afraid to ban people for misbehaving but hopefully I wont have to do to much of that if people can be civil to each other

Welcome to forum:) I have a question if you don't mind seen as though you dont post here that often why do you want to moderate this forum and what will you bring to the position?

Great job trying to spread misinformation and turn the suspicions on me.

You'd know all about it wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

As an occasional lurker of this forum, I would just like to state my belief that demonspawn is one of the worst posters on the entire website. His behaviour in the Barry Jennings thread was laughable, childish and frankly pathetic. The way he has responded to the new moderators is also really quite sad.

demonspawn only serves to give conspiracy theorists a bad name.

Congratulations to the new moderators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Here's yekahs smacking Creationists in Feb of this year.

http://www.atheistadam.com/5726/eric-hovind-you-lying-bastard/

lol Demon m8 chill:D Lets give them a chance and see what there about, we will be keeping an eye on them aswell;)

What has that got to do with anything?
    Seriously, should we drag up your posts about mental breakdowns?
    Or were they part of the undercover disguise? :eek:
    Are you vetting yekah's application for freemasonry? That why you're so concerned about him being an atheist?

I'd like to see more exposure of the Rotarians - the real puppetmasters behind the Freemasons.

rotary-wheel_clip_image002.jpg

See the subliminal UFO, the pentangle arms and the vicious lizard teeth on the magical wheel? The day of reckoning is coming soon.

As an occasional lurker of this forum, I would just like to state my belief that demonspawn is one of the worst posters on the entire website. His behaviour in the Barry Jennings thread was laughable, childish and frankly pathetic. The way he has responded to the new moderators is also really quite sad.

demonspawn only serves to give conspiracy theorists a bad name.

Congratulations to the new moderators.

Yup, more insults and character assassination. They all crawl out of the woodwork like so many wood lice. Keep it rolling.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Yekahs personally I welcome you with open arms. You must be the only openly (would-be) freemason that moderates a CT forum in the history of the internet. However, I definitely support your appointment.

Demonspawn - I think you and yekahs may have got off on the wrong foot, thats all. Yekahs is alright in my experience

I dont think it would be an unreasonable request if you werent (sorry something weird happens when I press the apostrophe key) able to ban-lock-delete threads that have a relevance to freemasonry?

The Recliner, apart from being an economics mod would I be correct in assuming you would be part of the "boardsie" clique? What interest do you have in the forum? 7000 odd posts and none that I recall seeing here?

And to whoever made the decision they must try to understand the scepticism at the appointments from certain quarters here.

Consistently, but especially recently conspiracy theory advocates have been subjected to a torrent of abuse that has essentially gone unpunished, which has led to a free for all. I am strongly of the view that it flys under the radar because it is a litany of sly digs that are aimed at a group to which the moderators dont belong. Therefore they are not conscious of the insults.

Like nullzero has said there will be no CT forum if things are allowed to continue they way they are.

3 (and I only assume four) out of the four mods on a CT forum are skeptics, makes no sense to me and cant happen by accident.

Why not add a 5th to the team?

Not a conspiracy theorist but I think mynameisurl would be ideal.

What about a moderate CT guy for mod too?
    What about nullzero?
    wakeup?
    Ireland Spirit?
    Torax?
    squod?

Squod the mod even has a nice ring to it. I can understand why you wouldnt have someone like uprising or myself, but cant think of single reason (assuming theyd accept) why they wouldnt be a better choice than the recliner chap, (nothing personal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Best thread in ages:D

And I thought it was going to be about nu-mullet haircuts and skinny jeans.

• Advertisement

Yeah, a wannabe Freemason
    An atheist Freemason? Yeah, pull the other one.
    Atheists are never accepted into the Freemasons. He's a liar just like the rest of them.
    To expose this guy as a liar and a fraud,
    Now I get it!
    You're in the freemasons and you don't want an atheist to join!

I mean if you weren't, you'd be happy he's an atheist because then he couldn't be a member of the freemasons.
    So you must be one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement