Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession, Me Arse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Callan57 wrote: »
    Perhaps if you had tried asking him he might have responded better - just a thought. If you attitude is as reflected in your post I'm not surprised you got the reaction you did.

I could change my attitude perhaps, but that would do little to change the fact that some people are born with big, thick heads on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Usually when delivering big-ish items companies are very specific on point of delivery- often the delivery company is outsourced and have different rates on where they drop off the stuff. Its petty but they should have told you this.
    off topic a bit -had some furniture delivered recently to 3rd floor apt (no lift) , delivery cost 125 eu, but 75eu if on 2nd floor etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What did the OP lie about?

It was actually a delivery of French Ticklers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

no-one, i was talking about the OP

Oh right, you quoted me so I thought you were talking about me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Not sure if this is everywhere , but if we leave our wheelie bin just inside the front gate , it will not be emptied .

It has to be left outside on the pavement .

Must be a health & safety issue .

The company must be afraid that their employee will trip up in my garden and sue me - I just don't know .

two chances of that happening !

I think that has more to do with speed than H & S (fadó, fadó it used to be called time & motion now I think they call it efficiency!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I could change my attitude perhaps, but that would do little to change the fact that some people are born with big, thick heads on them.

totally subjective statement. you're being intentionally insulting, which says all that needs to be said about you. i assume you didn't say this to his face:rolleyes:

-had some furniture delivered recently to 3rd floor apt (no lift) , delivery cost 125 eu, but 75eu if on 2nd floor etc

:eek:

Recession, my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Oh right, you quoted me so I thought you were talking about me:p

sorry about that. I should have been clearer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

aye aye was disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i thought this thread was gonna be about all the hi end vintage cognac drinking restaraunt goers in ranelagh & ballbridge....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

aye aye was disgusted

If they charge you extra for each floor they have to go up, does that mean they knock a few quid off if you live in a basement? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Wasn't Dwight Schrute by any chance?

Personally I'd have carried them into the office/storeroom BUT reported his poxy attitude to his boss. No one won here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The funniest, or rather, stupidest thing about the affair is that the client who I was meeting, had parked his car across the entrance to the driveway, so the delivery van had to park up behind his car.

It would have been less of an effort for the delivery guy to put the boxes in the storeroom than leave them against the wall, then pick them back up & walk back to the van with them.

If you'd taken them in yourself you would have gotten A1 for effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

If you had been a bit more polite with the delievry guy- like "Listen, I'm sorry, I'm a bit tied up at the minute, is there any way you could possibly bring the stuff into the storeroom? I just don't want the stuff to get ruined in the rain. I'd really appreciate it" - I'm sure the guy would have been more responsive.
    It seems from your post you demanded that he do it and if that is the case, I don't blame him for his actions. It costs nothing to be polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

The recession ended 6 months ago people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

No - that's my job. I know how to do it & don't expect someone else to hold my hand while I'm doing it.

That was my point.

You wouldn't go to a restaurant & have the chef cook you a dinner, but tell you that you have to plate it up youself.

but he did his job,he went 400km's and delivered the items you ordered?he had to deliver them to your premises and did,whats your prblem with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

flas wrote: »
    whats your prblem with this?

Read previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

i have and i fail to see why he has a problem with someone who doesnt work for him not doing what he orders him to do,bit of politness would have gone a long way here but the attitude he seems to have is he was only a delivery man so he should have done what i said!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

If i was that guy's boss i'd have been well pissed off with him for not only losing the custom of that order and the 400km round trip etc but also for the future loss of business of that customer. If he was asked nicely he should have obliged. In this day and age there are plenty of people looking for work and wouldn't have minded bringing the goods another 20 feet.

However, if i was the customer i'd probably just have done it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

No - that's my job. I know how to do it & don't expect someone else to hold my hand while I'm doing it.

That was my point.

You wouldn't go to a restaurant & have the chef cook you a dinner, but tell you that you have to plate it up youself.

If it was a buffet you would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

If it was a buffet you would
    Hahaha man that cracked me up.

Original thought that hasn't been mentioned already, GENIUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

that maybe not exactly his job to take the paper to your storeroom, but his sh!tty attitude of 'not taking the piss' and hence p*ssing off his client is totally ret*rded.

irish customer service is always slow and inefficient is a well known fact :pac: but their attitude is always good tbh, if you ask nicely they dont mind to do the little extra bit for you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Sometimes it's hard to believe there's a recession happening when so many places still give really bad customer service. I've had a few occurances over the last while, but today's took the biscuit...

I ordered some paper last week from a company in Dublin - 50 rolls of A1 size sheets for a printer. The delivery guy arrived today & started to unload the boxes, leaving them propped up against the wall just inside the gates leading to my office / studio.

After a few minutes, I went out to him and told him that they needed to be brought into the storeroom at the back of the office. He said that he only delivered to the "point of entry" & I would have to bring them there myself.

The storeroom is about 20 foot away from the gate.

I told him again that I wanted them put in the storeroom, that I didn't have time for this malarky & that I'd paid his company to deliver the paper to my office & not drop them against a wall beside the gate.

He looked at me with a big, thick head on him & said, "well, de ye bleedin' want 'em or naat - coz I can leave 'em here or take 'em back?"

I told him to take them back.

So he did. And drove all the way back to Dublin with them. A 400km round trip drive for nothing.

You would expect people to try & go the extra mile these days, but this prick wouldn't even go the extra 20 foot.

Recession, me arse.

Dude, if anything I think you were being the dick.

I'm pretty certain he had other work to do and didn't drive 400km just for a few boxes of papers.

In any job I never remember any delivery being taken inside and processed for us. Generally these guys aren't insured in other peoples property and are fooked if they actually hurt themselves in any way.

What do you expect, that the postman come in make you a cup of tea and read letters aloud for you, or that the pizza guy sit next to you and feed you a slice?

If I were the delivery guy I'd have done the same, you were being a dick. His job is to deliver to the premises, what you do with it after that is your own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Degag wrote: »
    If he was asked nicely he should have obliged.

Judging by the tone of the OP I doubt that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Degag wrote: »
    In this day and age there are plenty of people looking for work and wouldn't have minded bringing the goods another 20 feet.

I am shocked at the amount of posters here saying he should have brought the goods the extra 20 Feet...:eek:

First of all i have dealt with Delivery companies many many times,

when i was working in retail they would always drop the goods at the door of the shop and we had to carry them to wherever we wanted them, when i worked for an IT company, goods were delivered to the office door, (even though the stockroom was right next door) as a signature also had to be collected so the goods were unloaded while we were signing and left next to us,

as they were heavy we had a pallet truck and a forklift to move them (it was OUR job not the delivery guys) the guys in charge of goods inwards were trained in manual handling/forklift for this purpose!

In this day and age you'd expect Customers to understand they can't just abuse the way they are using a service because of 'recession'!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I can pretty much guarantee that if you had said "I'm very sorry to put you out, but i need the paper in the storeroom which is just over there and i am currently with a client, as you can see it's raining so the paper is going to get destroyed, would you mind helping me out?"

Bam, paper would be in the storeroom.

Not hard at all to treat people like humans and all get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

flas wrote: »
    but he did his job,he went 400km's and delivered the items you ordered?he had to deliver them to your premises and did,whats your prblem with this?

The delivery guy certainly should not have been expected to bring them in to the store-room. However, I would have thought that if you deliver paper for a living, you know it's not very clever to leave it outside in the rain! It's a stupid thing to do and definately bad customer service. He should have brought it in to shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

You both have nobbish tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

Not hard at all to treat people like humans and all get along.

you sir, are a crazy man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

For people complaining about the customer service aspect:
    The guy isn't a customer service rep, he's a delivery man; he has no obligation to go out of his way to help out or please a customer, just dump whatever delivery he has for them at their door.

Am sure if they're asked nicely, and are not in a rush, they'd go the extra few feet and bring them into the store room, even if they aren't obliged.

Advertisement