Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Happy days.Football back on CH4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

skelliser wrote: »
    thought sky sports had it? i dont have sky sports

where can i watch it so?

Channel 4 :D:D: :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    channel 4

Serious!!!!!

when the **** did that happen!!!

savage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

cambridge7 wrote: »
    Happy days.Football back on CH4.

And already a slicker looking presentation than the gaudy Sky studio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah, and what is McShane's reputation? Pretty damn shoddy.

I just can't understand why he didn't protect the ball. Nevermind protect it -- just don't slam it into the ground.

He kinda deserved what he got ... unfortunately the team and fans don't.

One thing that annoys me is when reaching to break the plane all it's fine if you drop it a split second later, when when you catch it you have to keep possession all the way to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i just flicked to CH4 now and emmm.......what?

tell me they will get into a time machine soon and come back to the present?!

lol. "those who aren't busy with Lebannons unoffical national past time - street fighting". The lack of PC from the early days is brilliant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

kryogen wrote: »
    i just flicked to CH4 now and emmm.......what?

tell me they will get into a time machine soon and come back to the present?!

I love this flashback, its great for me because I wasn't old enough to remember this stuff from the 70's and 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Channel 4 coverage already putting Sky to shame. Competant presenters and a superior analyist combined with a nice looking studio. And their budget must be miniscule in comparision to Sky who won't show games in HD because they don't have enough HD studios and they don't like switching between HD games and SD studio.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I love this flashback, its great for me because I wasn't old enough to remember this stuff from the 70's and 80's.

it's great.

Great day for football fans in this part of the world tbh! Loving it ... and I have Sky and ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched the Calvin johnson TD that was waved off. Ah I couldnt see much wrong or a valid reason to wipe it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't know how much the guys at nfl films get paid but it is not enough. Pure quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I don't know how much the guys at nfl films get paid but it is not enough. Pure quality.

NFL films is superb. How that ending of the green bay/cards happened is beyond me.Pure one in a million.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Less of the 70's. I'm old enough to remember football on ch4 in the 80's.
    I was a skins fan back then watching the likes of Joe Theismann, Art Monk, John Riggins etc.Highlite of my weekend it was.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Bedtime now unfortunately, have a feeling this will be a good game.

Two of the franchises that dicked us Bills in the early 90s.

I hope it's a tie and both teams' depth charts are decimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Redskins were lucky on 3rd down for the Cowboys not to get called for that free shot.

That was some pass to Moss.

I'm off to bed, but I gotta say...

McNabb is a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Redskins may have drafted a stud. That block to the touchline was absolute perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

cooker3 wrote: »
    Redskins may have drafted a stud. That block to the touchline was absolute perfection.

Tis early days yet!!! :)

Mike is awesome tho, best pundit about!!

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote: »
    Channel 4 coverage already putting Sky to shame. Competant presenters and a superior analyist combined with a nice looking studio. And their budget must be miniscule in comparision to Sky who won't show games in HD because they don't have enough HD studios and they don't like switching between HD games and SD studio.

The presenter is about as wooden as Pat Kenny. I really like the banter on the sky panel, they genuinely seem to enjoy each other company(Nick and Kev anyway). Carlson seems fine, but these guy here doesn't seem to have much life in him. I don't know why they can't just get Carlson on sky.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did Roy Williams just make a tough catch!

Mcnabb and Moss linking up well

Just watched Randy's rant now. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. He is clearly pissed at the media twisting his words around to make it look like he was unhappy with the Patriots. Its quite clear he wants to be a Patriot, he thinks its his last year with us because he doesn't think he will get the contract he wants to play on. I'm not so sure about that now, Mankins not signing his tender makes it likely that he will never be in a Patriots uniform again and with a very young team right now there are not many players that would be getting big short term deals so I can see him being offered good money to remain in New England.

The media are shocking in fairness, they said last year that he takes plays off which is not true. Its just that when the guy runs it looks like he is not moving at full speed, he is just so graceful but he played hurt last year and that shows a really tough side to the guy. I see nothing wrong with him getting that off his chest.

Wow wow wow
    Wtf was that play-call about. Terrible stuff.

Redskins after getting a break there :D:D really really bad thing to happen going into half time - that's gotta hurt the cowboys now

Wow idiot Cowboys tried to make something of nothing right at the end of the half with the clock at 0 and they end up fumbling it and the Skins go for a touchdown. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oh that was funny.
    I just want Santana to make some more catches for my fantasy team then I can sleep happy.
    Also the Cowgirls losing would be good.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wow idiot Cowboys tried to make something of nothing right at the end of the half with the clock at 0 and they end up fumbling it and the Skins go for a touchdown. LOL.

was absolutely hilarious! same again please :)

• Advertisement

Dallas right back in it and with the momentum now - reckon they could keep going and take this game in the 4th

don't see redskins scoring on the offense tbh

Advertisement