Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jets missed Jenkins big time on that drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jets really shooting themselves in the foot with all those penalties. Cromartie and Wilson looking a tad iffy, but I guess you're bound to when every pass comes your way. Revis shutting down one whole side of the field as usual.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jets really shooting themselves in the foot with all those penalties. Cromartie and Wilson looking a tad iffy, but I guess you're bound to when every pass comes your way. Revis shutting down one whole side of the field as usual.
    Agreed but overall the Jets D was doing a super job but the gaps started to open once Jenkins went out and the Ravens look like they will be able to run the ball all night now, and thats gonna end up giving Flacco time and it could get real bad real quick for the Jets.

This is exactly what I want to see. If they lose this game there will be people pointing fingers at each other. The likes of Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes, LT will say that somebody else is to blame. Like for a young QB like Sanchez thats a nasty bunch of egos to have on your offense when things go wrong. Cromartie will blame the rookie Wilson or the safeties for anything that happens on his side of the field.

This game is like one big cluster****, its like each team wants to make more mistakes than the other.

Lol at all those that thought these two could be superbowl teams this year.

Greene must have been benched altogether for fumbling, which isn't a surprise given how much it pissed off Rex Ryan in preseason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Mark Sanchez, with 47 yards after 50 mins, is on course for a whopping 900 yards this season. I wish he'd grow a set and launch it downfield. He's slowly becoming the QB I dislike most in the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This will probably end up being viewed as one of the worst games of the season.

Mistakes and flags everywhere

Wouldn't like to be a neutral watching this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Well this'll be interesting now, Jets need ~60 yards to get into field goal range. I'll say no...

Not such a bad thing tbh. The D has more of a chance of getting them into range than the offence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

San Diego Super Chargers!!!

Chiefs baby!!!

• Advertisement

Hell of a catch from Heap. I'd say he's winded to fúck after that one!

Can't wait for the Chargers/Chiefs. Should be a lot better than this one which wouldn't be hard.:D

The more I think about it the more I think that the Chiefs are gonna beat the Chargers tonight. The coaching there is just awesome this year and with all the draft talent they have picked up over the last couple of years, well you can count on Crennel and Reis to get the best out of them and set up some really good schemes. Really interested to see how Cassel does with a proper OC who knows what he is doing. And while the Chargers have a really impressive bunch of players I just think Turner is one of the worst coaches in the league and I don't rate their the DC either.

Will Jets get up for a field goal?

So dumb burning your last timeout there.

Boom! Ray Ray you beast!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This is dedicated to you NY Jets

Lmao Keller you idiot, thats the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

Rex looked like his world had fallen apart. He looked so pale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens win, 1-0 baby!

As for Keller, he had loads of time to get the ball to his left hand and get his 1st down

But didn't even try :confused:
    So coaching up needed

henryhenry wrote: »
    Rex looked like his world had fallen apart. He looked so pale.
    He will probably go on a cheeseburger binge to ease the pain and burst his lap band.:D

• Advertisement

Just too easy for the Chargers on that drive.

Gates is something else. Chiefs had good coverage everywhere else except underneath and Gates gets off the line and destroys them.

Wow, great run by Charles but the hole in the D was huge.

That's why Jamaal Charles is a stud. Doubt him at your peril.

Great response from KC.

Arenas will do that a lot this year.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Arenas will do that a lot this year game.

FMP.

Javier Arenas is electric. Reminds me of Devin Hester a couple of years ago.

He comes from pretty decent stock anyway.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He comes from pretty decent stock anyway.
    What his Bball cousin? I don't think thats anything to shout about:D

Advertisement