Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

kryogen wrote: »
    oh, but the Randy Moss interview afterwords didnt fill me with happiness

Why not? Didn't see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,887 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

49ers should take out Alex Smith. Tell him there is no use leaving him in and possibly get injured but at this stage in the game its over and they should be getting a look at whoever the no.2 is in a real game. Of course Singletary won't do that though, peronally I think he is a terrible cocah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

eagle eye wrote: »
    49ers should take out Alex Smith. Tell him there is no use leaving him in and possibly get injured but at this stage in the game its over and they should be getting a look at whoever the no.2 is in a real game. Of course Singletary won't do that though, peronally I think he is a terrible cocah.

Im not watching the Niners game but with David Carr as the number 2 so not sure what value there is in looking at him. Singletary is a good coach and in my view has done a good job with that team. When you see the performances from Vernon Davis in the last year its clear that Singletary commands a lot of respect from his players and the development of Patrick Willis(for my money the NFL's top MLB) and the rest of the defence has been quite impressive(today not withstanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Eagles getting their offense going. We should win this but could do with a nice long drive to kill their momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,692 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Kolb will be out for next week if he has a concussion. Stupid ****ing official closing times in the local.

• Advertisement

Forgot that the eagles where wearing kelly green jerseys in this game.

Yeah interception.... not exactly what i was looking for.
    Game on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

davyjose wrote: »
    What did he say?
    Why not? Didn't see it myself.

have a look yourselves!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d81a794f0/Moss-goes-off-on-press-fans?module=HP_video

been away so long i have forgotten how to embed this, apologies

actually someone remind me how for future reference please

frostie500 wrote: »
    Im not watching the Niners game but with David Carr as the number 2 so not sure what value there is in looking at him. Singletary is a good coach and in my view has done a good job with that team. When you see the performances from Vernon Davis in the last year its clear that Singletary commands a lot of respect from his players and the development of Patrick Willis(for my money the NFL's top MLB) and the rest of the defence has been quite impressive(today not withstanding).
    Well I've watched a lot of their games and he is terrible on the sideline. He panics too often and calls unnecessary timeouts and that panic will transfer to your players on the field.

I'm sure behind the scenes he is good at preparation, he wouldn't have a job if he wasn't, but he is just horrific on the sidelines.

P Willis is a beast

• Advertisement

I think Vick could have ran in there. Big let-off for Packers.
    *Sigh* another injury.

cooker3 wrote: »
    I think Vick could have ran in there. Big let-off for Packers

Yeah I thought he was gonna run it in but I think after slipping early in the play he didnt trust he would be able to accelerate fully and make it to the endzone. have to say on balance though Vick has been very impressive today both running and passing, he looks much more like himself and ready to play football this season

What was the controversy with the lions ?

Catching the end of the Eagles game. Why didn't Vick run in there with a blocker in front of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kryogen wrote: »
    have a look yourselves!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d81a794f0/Moss-goes-off-on-press-fans?module=HP_video

been away so long i have forgotten how to embed this, apologies

actually someone remind me how for future reference please

I think I mentioned elsewhere that I would worry about his commitment this year.

That interview is pretty conclusive, IMO. He was 49% (to Brady's 51%) of the reason for the near-perfect season. And dragged Cassel to 11-5 the year after.

Bummer. I'd be freaked out by that interview too.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What was the controversy with the lions ?

If you go to NFL.com, they have videos of every big play, in every game. Awesome website. Go to the site, click the game you want on the top bar, and select the "watch" tab.

Go on vick.

Cracking end to this game.

**** it.

davyjose wrote: »
    I think I mentioned elsewhere that I would worry about his commitment this year.

That interview is pretty conclusive, IMO. He was 49% (to Brady's 51%) of the reason for the near-perfect season. And dragged Cassel to 11-5 the year after.

Bummer. I'd be freaked out by that interview too.

I dunno, I just hope he is being honest in the interview, as long as he is still wanting to be a Patriot even if he knows it will probably be his last year as one, he will still give 100% effort, thats all I can ask

He didnt sound like a man who is happy with his situation though so you never know how he will go over the next few months

Hopefully he will get the hug he wants :)

• Advertisement

**** it.

Dont understand why they went with that, I would have thought that using some kind of option play with Vick(he has always been more dangerous on the outside) would have given him a better chance of making a play but all in all I'm fairly happy with how we ended up playing

*Phew*
    I was getting rather worried by the end. Our defence was totally gassed. Clay Matthews take a bow, great effort. I'm loving his work despite the fact he clearly lives in a trailer park.
    A few concerns but, overall, starting off with a victory on the road against a pretty decent team is always an excellent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a day of football and still 3 games left!

The NFL is back!!

Question: Why do San Diego always start off on a Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

any streams?

Streams for the the skins cowgirls ? sure it's free to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Streams for the the skins cowgirls ? sure it's free to air.

thought sky sports had it? i dont have sky sports

where can i watch it so?

skelliser wrote: »
    thought sky sports had it? i dont have sky sports

where can i watch it so?

channel 4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

cooker3 wrote: »
    Question: Why do San Diego always start off on a Monday?

I don't think they ALWAYS start on Monday, but one of the reasons is because ESPN have 2 games on the first Monday night and they need a west coast team playing on Monday because it'll still be early on the west coast when the 2nd game is set to start. Whereas if they had an East coast team in the second game it'd be like 10.30pm local time at kickoff.

@ Skellisor

Sunday night football is on Channel 4 this season which is free on satellite.

• Advertisement

Peyton Manning made 57 attempts tonight -- the most of his career. I'm only mentioning that because...

On the first game of his career, Sam Bradford threw 55 attempts. IN HIS FIRST GAME. The kid threw 3 INT's, but also a TD, and made about 60% of his passes. But fcuking hell, talk about pressure. Fair play to the kid!

Advertisement