Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I got to say I know next to nothing about the chiefs as they have done nothing for years but I'm really enjoying how they play.
    Fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eagle eye wrote: »
    What his Bball cousin? I don't think thats anything to shout about:D

Lol probably not but his brothers played at a decent level as well.

14-7 now. Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

cooker3 wrote: »
    I got to say I know next to nothing about the chiefs as they have done nothing for years but I'm really enjoying how they play.
    Fun game.
    They have done nothing for years and because of that they got to pick up a lot of very talented players in the draft. Now they have the coaches to get the most out of a very talented bunch.

Wow, Arenas and now McCluster, awesome stuff. And their whole special teams are superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Wow, special teams killing it for the Chiefs.

• Advertisement

Holy sh*t \o/

Longest punt return in Chiefs history.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What on earth is going on tonight? How did Charles not know where he needed to get to? Same as earlier in the Jets/Ravens game.

Now thats what you call an absolutely ridiculous call. Going for it on 4th down and 9 and you are only down by a score, I'd fire a coach who is stupid enough to make a call like that.

There is over 7 minutes left on the clock, the D is stopping the Chiefs. I mean wtf:confused:

4th and 6 on the Chiefs 6. 39 secs left....

EDIT: Chiefs win and Rivers does enough for me to win both Fantasy matchups :D

• Advertisement

Great finish to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Regarding the final play in the Cowboys game last night, why was the game over after the penalty. Surely if the penalty is accepted it's a loss of down/yardage, and if it's declined the TD stood? By my reckoning there was still one more play to be had...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

tolosenc wrote: »
    Regarding the final play in the Cowboys game last night, why was the game over after the penalty. Surely if the penalty is accepted it's a loss of down/yardage, and if it's declined the TD stood? By my reckoning there was still one more play to be had...

Time had expired. There is only an untimed down if there is a DEFENSIVE penalty on the last play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Looks like revis will suffer from Nnamdi syndrome for this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Alex Barron :mad:. What was Wade Phillips thinking ? The upside to getting shot of Flozell Adams was a mistaken belief that the era of Cowboy needless penalty concession was at an end. Oh no, not with the Cowboys.

I realised how much I love the Cowboys when Romo connected with Roy Williams for the chalked off TD. I have never been as excited and happy about American Football as I was for those two seconds. It was exactly like when Martellus Bennett picked off an unlikely game winning TD in the corresponding fixture in 2008. However, I have never felt such a Footballing low when I saw the flag, the replay, and the clock tick to "End of Game". It was heartbreaking stuff.

Mark Columbo needs to return ASAP. Plus, the Cowboys need a kicker. Neither Folk nor Suisham were the answer. But David Buehler doesnt appear to be either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Shayne Graham is available

Most high profile free agent kicker I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

He's still useless though.... Dallas still in need of a decent kicker it seems

Advertisement