Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options
  • 06-09-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭

Its finally here.:)
    • Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams
    • Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
    • Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
    • Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

*All times are Eastern time.
    • Thursday 9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - What an opening game to get us started in the 2010 season. The Vikings travel to New Orleans in a repeat of the NFC Championship game where Brett Favre threw a horrible interception and badly hurt his ankle.
      Sean Payton is a brilliant coach and what he did last year was amazing and they look better prepared this year than last and the repeat is very atainable for this group of players. They have concentrated on improving their D and it looks like they have done a good job on it. Sydney Rice is out which will be a huge loss to the Vikings and Favre had to have an injection to lubricate his ankle just the other day. I'm going for the Saints in the opener but its not going to be easy. New Orleans Saints
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers start the season without Roethlisberger and won't have him for at least 4 weeks. If things weren't bad enough Byron Leftwich goes down with and MCL sprain which will definitely keep him out of this game. Its going to be very tough for whoever comes in now in front of home fans that are not very patient or easy to please. The Atlanta Falcons are the forgotten team who are constantly underrated imo. Last year Matt Ryan went through the horrors as most 2nd year QBs do but he appeared to come out the other side at the end of the season. Some of you will be surprised when I tell you that he Falcons posted a winning record last year and for the 2nd straight year too. They had a very difficult schedule having had to face the NFC East and the AFC East last year. Their big weakness was on D against the pass and the Steelers have been turning into a passing team and even with Leftwich I would have been tempted to call this a tight win for the Steelers but with him out I have to go for the Falcons. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner will have just too much for them. Atlanta Falcons
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants - About the worst game I can think of, I don't like either side and its impossible to call for me. I guess you go with home field advantage but I expect both these teams to post losing records this season. New York Giants
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Two teams that really struggled last year. The Lions might be better this year and they are doing things right but they still have a ways to go. The Bears just look in an awful state to me. They seem to be gambling that the 2nd years on their OL will improve, that their young WR corp will improve. They have worked on their D when it was clear that Cutler needed weapons. I just don't get it. Anyways I'm picking the Lions to not only win but maul a team that looks to me like its going to struggle to put points on the board, unless of course they can open holes for Matt Forte and Chester Taylor. Detroit Lions
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans - The Titans are my fancy to shock everybody this season. I think people are underestimating Vince Young, I think CJ is going to have another big season, not 2k mind but he doesn't need to do that. I think people are seriously underestimating their D which was awful at the start of last year but kept improving as the season went on. I think the Raiders are better than they were, they had a good draft but I don't like Jason Campbell at all. I think they will stuggle again this year but I expect them to make a move next year to bring in a top QB and that will change things. Tennessee Titans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - This should be a cracking game. They both have powerful offenses. We all know about Manning but Schaub looked really good last year and he has the best receiver in the game right now in Andre Johnson. Its a hard one to call and I'll go with home advantage to take it but the Colts have Sanders back and if he is back to his best he could be a game changer. Houston Texans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jaguars are a mess and its quite likely that you will have a full stadium for this game with Tebow fans travelling in the hope of seeing their hero get some time on the field which is unlikely. Still there is a real possibility that the Broncos could have big support in this stadium which would be just weird. As things stand both these teams don't look good. Its a very hard game to call but I'll give the nod to Josh McDaniels team just because of what he can do on offense with average players. Denver Broncos
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - The Bills are a long way off doing anything and are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL right now. CJ Spiller needs to be very good because they don't have a QB worth a damn. They don't look good on either side of the ball. The Dolphins look better prepared this year than last year. Brandon Marshall is a freak and I personally think that Chad Henne is going to be a top quarterback. He now has weapons, just the addition of Marshall makes for easier targets elsewhere on the field too. They cut Pat White and it might be a case that there will be a lot less of the wildcat this year. Ronnie Brown appears healthy and Ricky Williams keeps motoring on. This team could surprise this year. Miami Dolphins
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots - This is a tough opener for the Pats. The Bengals are coming to town shouting about what they are going to do. They have the weapons to cause and upset. The Pats D doesn't look so good at the moment but the O looks better than ever before. I think this will be a high scoring game and could be the game of the weekend. I'm going for the Patriots because I think they will outscore the Bengals who will make mistakes. At the end of this game Gronkowski will be a big name on the lips of everybody in the NFL, the guy is a beast and a redzone nightmare for opposing teams. New England Patriots
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Browns are going to be better under Mike Holmgren. And don't for one minute think that he hasn't got his hands involved in the coaching, its not in his nature. The injuries have to hurt the Brown's chances this year though. The Bucs are building and I think they could have a decent season and get close to .500. I'm interested in seeing how their Mike Williams does, he had character flaws which dropped him way down the board at the draft but he could be awesome if he has sorted himself out. Tampa Bay Buccanneers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles - Another cracking opening day fixture. The Packers are a lot of people's favourites to go all the way, they are a young team with a great defense and a hugely talented QB in Aaron Rodgers. I love to see them do well and I won't begrudge them anything they achieve. I think this Packers group could a be a dominant force for a couple of years in the NFL but are we expecting too much too soon? The Eagles are always there or thereabouts and they are a huge force at home. Kolb could be anything but he played well last year when he got the chance. The fact that McNabb was let go and they have this guy and a very good failsafe in Mike Vick if he struggles makes me thing they too will have a big season. I gotta pick the Eagles based purely on the fact that they are at home and have just as many weapons as Green Bay. Philadelphia Eagles
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - Pete Carroll welcomes one of his former teams to his now home in Seattle. I'm already loving how Carroll is shaking things up. I think they had the best draft of all teams, I love the way he has brought in the 'bust' Mike Williams and has him looking really good, so good in fact that he cut Housh! The 49ers are strong favourites for the NFC West/Worst this year but I just don't know about them. I don't like Singletary, I watched a game last year where he persisted with throwing the ball when it clearly wasn't working in a hugely important game against the Seahawks which they lost. I'm still not convinced by Alex Smith either. The Seahawks to me could be anything, they look like a .500 team right now but they could go either way. I fancy them to win this one though. Seattle Seahawks
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams - Its Derek Anderson at QB for the Cardinals, a bit like Jake Delhomme last year for the Panthers. It just doesn't matter if you have Larry Fitz or Steve Smith if you have a QB that can't get the ball to you. If Anderson could get back to where he was a couple of years ago then this team can shock people but I just can't see it. Bradford has impressed for the Rams and his line is really working for him. I don't think they will do much this year but I expect them to win this game. St. Louis Rams
    • Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins - This is one of those games. The Cowboys never seem to do well against the Redskins. A lot of people are talking up the Cowboys and they do look good but its all about that line and if it can protect Romo. You just know that Shanahan will have a good offense but his teams have never been good defensively and for me this plays into the Cowboys hands. Dallas Cowboys
    • Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets - The Baltimore Ravens *now with added Housh start the season with a home opener against the New York Jets *now with Revis Island back in the fold. Two mean teams but I think this comes down to the better quarterback. In fact the Ravens have the better RB and QB here and home advantage pushes them over the line imo. Baltimore Ravens
    • Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - The Chargers should take this but you just never know with their coach if they will be good enough. Its like a two parts of a really good team here. On one side you have a hugely talent bunch of players for the Chargers with mediocre coaching, on the other side you have a mediocre bunch of players with a hugely talented coaching staff. I'm going for the better coaches to pull of the surprise win. Kansas City Chiefs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

My Picks:

Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles
    Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
    Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams
    Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
    Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
    Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

Haven't a huge amount of time here for explanations, but if anyone wants to ask me why I've picked who i've picked feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - Reigning champs have never lost the home opener.

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - Rest of team steps up in ben's absence, heinz field is a big home advantage

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants - NYG aren't great and were poor against the run last year, DeAngelo will tear them apart

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Chicago look in a right mess, especially at the O Line positions. Cutler will have Ndamokung Suh in his face all day and will make mistakes. Meanwhile the Detroit Offense is explosive and will be hard to stop for the Bears defence.

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans - Oakland are generally bad against the run and they're facing Chris Johnson. Having said that, I reckon the Raiders will be improved this year.

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - This is basically the biggest game in the Texans short history. Manning and the Colts experience a Super Bowl hangover. Call this one a hunch...

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars - Effectively a home game for Denver as stadium will be full of Florida Gators fans looking to see Tebow.

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - Buffalo look absolutely dire.

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots - Cincinnati, and Carson Palmer for that matter, are overrated

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Cleveland are less awful than Tampa Bay.

Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles - There is no stopping Rodgers this year, Kolb begins his starting career with a baptism by fire

Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - 49ers look decent enough, Seattle don't.

Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams - No Kurt Warner anymore but this is the Rams we're talking about here

Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins -Dallas usually struggle against the skins, Shanny gets his career at Washington off to a winning start

Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets - Both defences are really good but Flacco will deal with the Jets defence better than Sanchez will deal with the Ravens defence. Could go either way though, they're very similar teams.

Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs are a mess, I'll be surprised if they don't get absolutely hammered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

• Thursday 9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - Should be a cracker. For me, this isn't a question of which team has improved most since last year, but rather which team has regressed most? Not that they've taken many steps back, for me this is just a question of how the Vikings cope without Sidney Rice and Brett Favre's ankle injury, versus how the Saints cope with what could be a lack of motivation having already written the fairy tale last year. I expect Drew Brees and Sean Payton to not let the team give anything less than 100%, so I'm going with the New Orleans Saints
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - Obviously, the lack of Big Ben is a big factor for the Steelers, and Im not at all comfortable with Dennis Dixon at QB. Rashard Mendenhall will be the focus of the Atlanta defence. The Falcons on the other hand have to step up from last year. They were expected to do better, and their season was probably summed up by Matt Ryan's performances - good but not great, and capable of so much more. He's looked dodgy this preseason, but I think they'll slightly edge a low scoring affair by a small margin.Atlanta Falcons
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants - This one's all about the running game. Both teams have 2 RBs capable of being starters, so expect a lot of ground and pound here in a low scoring game. I fancy the Panthers to beat the spread, but the winner will be the New York Giants
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Im loving the Lions this year. I have a legitimate man crush on Mathew Stafford, Calvin Johnson is an athletic superfreak and Jahvid Best is a rookie stud. The secondary, however, sucks a fat one. The Bears on the other hand, are in a bit of a muddle. Jay Cutler takes sacks for a living, and throws picks on the side as a hobby. Matt Forte was a bust last year - I should know, I drafted him third overall in FF - but should bounce back. I just think the Lions have too many weapons to play with, and Best opens up what could be a lethal passing game for them. Detroit Lions
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans - This could be another low scoring affair. The Raiders have no great receivers, and Michael Bush - who is infinitely better than Darren McFadden - has a broken thumb. Rolando McClain should help the run defence, but how effective can anyone be against Chris Johnson? Expect this one to be be fought in the trenches too, with Cortland Finnegan and Nnamdi Asomugha shutting down the passing game on both sides. A superior running game gives this one to the Tennessee Titans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - Tough one to call. I'd favour the Colts every day at home, but the Texans are doing great things and homefield advantage makes them a trickier test. However, Peyton Manning is just too good, and I don't want to give him the satisfaction of proving me wrong yet again. Manning is the x-factor, so I'm going with the Indianapolis Colts.
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars - Neither team has any sort of a pass rush (the Bronco's would were it not for Dumerville's absence). This suits Denver more than Jacksonville, as Orton looks in great shape whereas David Garrard is a chump. Orton should tear this one up. MoJo is the only weapon the Jags have, and even if he is at 100% after his surgery, I don't think he has enough to drag a miserable team to a win here. Denver Broncos
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - The Bills are awful, but try telling that to Miami who haven't beaten them on the road in 6 years. This could be the prediction everybody gets wrong, so despite betting on them to go under 5.5 wins this year, Im going against the grain here and predicting a C.J. Spiller inspired victory for the Buffalo Bills
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots - This should be a great game. Tom Brady at home usually means a win for the Pats, and I don't see how the Bengals can stop that. A couple of years ago, Carson Palmer could have a chance of shredding the current Pats secondary, but he's getting on a bit. Still, with a new number 1 receiver in Terrell Owens, he should do well. But I can't see past New England Patriots
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I want to pick the Bucs here, I really do. I think Josh Freeman looks like a talented QB, and Mike Williams is a future NFL stud. But Freeman is only listed at probable with a thumb injury. Sure, they have a rejuvenated Cadillac Williams on the ground, but the Browns should pound the Bucs offensive line. If Jake Delhomme carries his preseason form, this should be a good win for the Cleveland Browns.
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles - Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, JerMichael Finley, Ryan Grant. This Packers offence is just so talented, and with Bryan Bulaga shoring up the O-line, and a top ranked Defence, there's just no weakness. The Eagles are a fine team in their own right, but Im not sold on Kevin Kolb. He looked very shaky in the preseason, and the O-line was unimpressive. The Packers are just too scary though, so I have to go with them. Green Bay Packers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks drafted well, but this is purely a rebuilding season for Carroll and co. Hasselbeck is past it, the O-line stinks (Okung is out), their starting RB (if he even starts) missed the last 10 weeks of the season with a horrible injury, and their D sucks. The 49ers have too many weapons - Smith looks good and has a genuine number 1 receiver in Michael Crabtree. Frank Gore is a monster in a man suit, and Patrick Willis on the D will scare the hell out of Hasselbeck and co. A very comfortable win for San Francisco 49ers.
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams - Derek Anderson over Matt Leinart was the only logical choice the Cards could make. While his accuracy is questionable, he can throw further than Leinart, which helps when Larry Fitz can pluck anything out of their air in traffic. The Rams are making some steps forward, but until they fix that O-line and bring in a receiver to compliment Sam Bradford, they won't get much this year. I'm going for the Arizona Cardinals.
    • Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins - The Cowboys are ridiculously talented, the Redskins are rejuvenated with home advantage. The football may not overly attractive, but the atmosphere at this one could be huge. Washington have made some good moves on defence this summer, and Mike Shanahan just knows offence, it's really as simple as that. It's just a pity they have no stand out RBs. I'll tip this one in favour of them however, solely because I don't like the Cowboys in the red zone. Expect Chris Cooley to have a big game. Washington Redskins
    • Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets - I don't know what to do here. Ravens have made huge additions - both Veterans and draft picks - and the Jets are the Jets. I know they've had a pitiful preseason, but I can't see Rex Ryan letting them give anything under 100% here. Unfortunately for them, while Shonn Greene may equal Ray Rice in this game at least, Joe Flacco is superior to Mark Sanchez and that's what tips this one in favour of Baltimore Ravens
    • Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers without a doubt. Todd Haley will inexplicably start Thomas Jones ahead of Jamaal Charles if preseason is anything to go by, and Jones was made to look a lot better than he is at the Jets because of a top class O-line. The Chiefs on the other hand , have the worst in the league. This may not be a blowout, but it will be damn close to one. Chargers to cover the spread at least twice over. San Diego Chargers
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncosat Jacksonville Jaguars
    Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphinsat Buffalo Bills

Wishful thinking with the Steelers division rivals i'm sure. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Vikings are 2/1 on Paddy Power for the opening day, these odds long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know of any bars in Dublin opening late tonight for the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any bars in Dublin opening late tonight for the match?

Best bet would be the Woolshed beside Cineworld on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

shoutman wrote: »

Even then I highly doubt it. Bar Staff and the Bouncer's will want to go home and stuff.

Who Dat dey say gonna beat dem Saints? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

shoutman wrote: »

Was looking on their website and it's not listed, just the Sunday games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I see the pick 'em league is back up. is this automatically restarted or are people gonna play. I'll be doing my picks anyways http://boardies.football.cbssports.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is the game on at half 12 or half 1 our time tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is the game on at half 12 or half 1 our time tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Saints
    Bills
    Lions
    Titans
    Pats
    Panthers
    Falcons
    Colts
    Browns
    Jags
    Cardinals
    Packers
    49ers
    Redskins
    Jets
    Chargers

As usual im bound to be way wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Are you sure? Sky are starting at midnight. That would mean they are doing an hour and a half preview? :eek:

• Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots
    • Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
    • Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams
    • Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
    • Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
    • Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Are you sure? Sky are starting at midnight. That would mean they are doing an hour and a half preview? :eek:

Yes. Match starts at 8.30 ET, which is 1.30 am BST.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Yes. Match starts at 8.30 ET, which is 1.30 am BST.
    What are they gonna talk about for 90 minutes?

Tonight will be a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,191 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Fair play Eagle Eye excellent thread and 1st post.

* Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - Key Man: Old Man Favre
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - Key to this game - Ryan and Gonzales combo
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants - Right now 2 poor teams no key but Giants scrape a win
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Something tells me the Lions will take this.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans - Raiders will battle and Titans will edge it.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - For me Upset of the week Texans to edge it.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars - I tossed a coin on this one.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - Chad Henne is key here if he gets more freedom he will finish the Bills
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots - Offensive shoot out. If the Pats can pressure Palmer we will take this.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Me like Buccs for this one.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles - Rodgers will shine
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - I don't think Carroll will get his win here. Gore and Davis key in this one.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams - Anderson to struggle at helm in his first game with Cards. Bradford will do the business if his WR can catch footalls.
    * Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins - Coin toss.
    * Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets - Ravens in a ferocious defensive battle.
    * Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - Weiss controlling the offense will pip the in trouble Colts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Going to change my pick in the Falcons @ Steelers game to Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

* Thursday9-Sep 8:30 p.m. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - Falcons
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Carolina Panthers at New York Giants - Giants
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Bears
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans - Raiders
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans Colts
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars - Broncos
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - Dolphins
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots - Bengals
    * Sunday 12-Sep 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Browns
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles - Packers
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - 49's
    * Sunday 12-Sep 4:15 p.m. Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams - Cards
    * Sunday 12-Sep 8:20 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins - Reedskins
    * Monday 13-Sep 7:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets - Ravens
    * Monday 13-Sep 10:15 p.m. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers

whats with all this anti Giants thing on the board. Giants will have a good year this year. Defence will be vastly improved, new co-ordinator, Rolle, Grant in to improve the secondary. Bullock in at LB. Bernard, Canty, Tuck, Boley, Phillips all injury free. Osi a year away from his injury and back at 100%. A draft class that was basically all defence, including a huge DT Joseph in the second round. Defence will be better this year.
    a few of ye mentioned that we were a running team, but last year we were more effective throwing the ball. Eli had a 4000 yard season. 3 great young receivers, Smith, Knicks, Manningham. We should be better through the air this year as well.

Looking forward to the Bengals/Pats, and Ravens/Jets should be a great tie, low scoring but two super sides going at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

God damn there are a lot of ads on ESPN Sunday Countdown. Maybe I'll get used to it but their coverage doesn't seem anywhere near as good as NFL Network.

Bring on the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't believe its an NFL Sunday, woohoo!:)

Is the Cowboys game on the box after Sky's two games?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That looked sore.

Looks like VY is going to have a good day, already a 20 yard rush and 11 yard throw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is the Cowboys game on the box after Sky's two games?

Yep channel 4 will be showing it.

Advertisement