Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

davyjose wrote: »
    Except that he's crap, so his poor play wasn't really unexpected. Actually, no offence, but thinking about it the analogy doesn't fit :D Sorry :)

You're completely missing the point. What I was saying is that the mistake by the player is irrelevant to my point. The ruling was wrong and it's not an excuse to say the player messed up, that doesn't change the wrongness of the ruling, imo of course.

Oh yeah that's how Greg Jennings does it.
    What a catch.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Lot of injuries in the Eagles Packers game. Jamal Jackson (Eagles centre),Kolb went down hurt and now Ryan Grant seems to have hurt his knee(Quinten Mickel fell on him, doesnt look to be too serious though)

Bradley down now as well for the Eagles, I know injuries are a part of the game but there are lot in this game!

It's like bloody Nam on that field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

cooker3 wrote: »
    You're completely missing the point. What I was saying is that the mistake by the player is irrelevant to my point. The ruling was wrong and it's not an excuse to say the player messed up, that doesn't change the wrongness of the ruling, imo of course.

Of course. Fair point.

Seahawks punishing SF for their inability to score. hasselbeck looking a proper QB again!

Yes!
    Donald Driver. What a legend!

• Advertisement

Lol Kolb getting booed already

• Registered Users Posts: 39,692 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can't watch the Eagles game but doesn't look too exciting from the NFL.com stats make it a poor enough affair. so jackson and stewart Bradley(both recovering acl injuries) did It look like they have injured the same again. So is Vick in for kolb or is it Kafka ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Can't watch the Eagles game but doesn't look too exciting from the NFL.com stats make it a poor enough affair. so jackson and stewart Bradley(both recovering acl injuries) did It look like they have injured the same again. So is Vick in for kolb or is it Kafka ?

Mainly Kolb with Vick taking a few plays early on. Frankly Kolb has been terrible so far, 3 or 4 really poor throws which could have led to interceptions.
    He has yet to settle down

Edit: Eagles have more penalty yards than yards on offense.

Lovely last minute drive there for a field goal. 13-3 to packers at half time. I'm delighted with that considering how we started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

smith is having a mare...

seahawks take an interception into the end zone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wow. Interception from the Seahawks and a TD follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,894 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, Alex Smith is just so bad. He is at fault for both interceptions with bad throws on short passes. Both to Crabtree incidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, Alex Smith is just so bad. He is at fault for both interceptions with bad throws on short passes. Both to Crabtree incidentally.

i thought he may step it up this year, but he's been so disappointing so far...

fox say crabtree ran the wrong route on that last interception.

Kolb out with a concussion, Vick is QB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Bradley and Kolb out for the day with concussions. Vick gets his chance to show that he is still a legit NFL QB

Packers are rolling now, gauging the Eagles on the ground

TD Packers. John Koon.
    I maybe counting my chickens but I really don't see how the Eagles can score 17 points judging by how they have played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Hasselbeck looking very sharp, thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Lets hope he is consistent this season.

cooker3 wrote: »
    TD Packers. John Koon.
    I maybe counting my chickens but I really don't see how the Eagles can score 17 points judging by how they have played so far.

I dont see how we'll get 17 yards judging by us so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,894 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pete Carroll is just bloody awesome. I am a huge fan of the man since way back when he was coach of the Patriots.

There are guys on the Seahawks today who looked dreadful last season and they look like great today. Hell Mike Williams was a confirmed bust.

I'm really loving this, Seahawks are my no.2 team in the NFL since Carroll took over.

Vick looking like the old Michael Vick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Rams up 13-10. Seems an awful boring game. Following the games on NFL.com.

Delighted with Patriots win earlier! :D

Big play by Mike Vick, looked like himself rolling away from pressure before hitting the hole for a big gain. Vick has done well in this drive taking what the defence gave him for short gains

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Wow! 27 new players on the seahawks this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

delighted with the Pats result earlier, some good signs there and Brady being Brady is obviously a joy to watch!

Lol, you watch now there is probably going to be a big debate in Phili about who should start next week Vick or Kolb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh how we underestimate the roll of fortune in football/life.

If Alex Smith had thrown the ball a yard shorter in the first half, Pete Carroll's life would be very different right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

oh, but the Randy Moss interview afterwords didnt fill me with happiness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kryogen wrote: »
    oh, but the Randy Moss interview afterwords didnt fill me with happiness

What did he say?

Advertisement