Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Hate that sideline guy for Fox, he reminds me of Pat Dolan.
    cooker3 wrote: »
    That's a TD to the lions as far as I am concerned.

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Denver: 4th down, In the Red zone, 5 mins to go, down by seven. they go for it ...Pass incomplete!!!!

McDaniels clearly has no faith in his D/is losing the head. poor decision. 5 mins is lots of time in a 4 point ball game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

lets go 9ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

49ers with the earliest of interceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

touchdown san francisco!

edit: being challenged...

call reversed, boo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ugh, bad start by the Packer O-Line.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Explain?

I think he gained possession and was in full control. When he let go of the ball the play is over imo. I realise the rules say different but in this instance I think the rules are wrong.

Packers should have kept that Favre guy -- that guy Rodgers is an interception machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

davyjose wrote: »
    Packers should have kept that Favre guy -- that guy Rodgers is an interception machine :D

Who?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who?

I dunno! Alls I know is he owns one of these:

pack.jpg

;):D

• Advertisement

I think that call is BS. Well actually the call is probably good, the rule is BS. If that isn't a touchdown than I don't know what it is.

It was the players fault though. He slammed it into the ground on purpose. Rule number one -- protect the ball. He celebrated too soon, and got burnt. I agree it's harsh, but Johnson should never have let that happen!

Rodgers sacked 3 times already. We are starting like we did last season.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who?

Ah, I'm kidding. Rodgers is clearly a class act, I'm just "hazing" him a little, because he's yet to reach the level of a Favre, Brady, Manning, Brees, yet he seems to get as much, if not more plaudits, before he's really achieved that.

Like I said -- huge talent. But needs to earn those guys respect, tbh. Not just be handed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Gah! :(

I had picked the Lions in the boards tipster competition

I'm sure NFL will have a video on the site later this week to explain what happened in more detail

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I'm not watching the game but a lot of Rodgers sacks are his own fault holding onto the ball too long trying to make a play. I said that last season too, its something he has to get out of or he will have a short career.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Technically right, but it's wrong. This is coming from a bears fan.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'm not watching the game but a lot of Rodgers sacks are his own fault holding onto the ball too long trying to make a play. I said that last season too, its something he has to get out of or he will have a short career.

To be fair 2 of them are because Taucher got beaten. Eagles blitzing very well and we are not handling it at all.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Technically right, but it's wrong. This is coming from a bears fan.

And it was preventable by the receiver.

Same as the Colts non-INT. Can't understand why it wasn't an INT, but the player didn't protect the ball
    so tough sh!t.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Pack and Eagles tied at 3-3. The stats so far:

Statistics: GB/PHI
    First Downs: 6/2
    Total Yards: 47/33
    Turnovers: 1/0

That TO hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It seems to me that the Eagles defence is looking more like itself-the team has been able to spend the off season learning Sean McDermott's schemes. I've liked that we have some more exotic blitz packages that should be dialled up through the game(Bradley has been set loose a few times so I'd expect the rest of the line backers to go a few times in the second quarter).

Vick is getting quite a lot of action so far. He's being used as an option QB so far but you'd have to say that long term it is more important to get Kolb comfortable as the starter

• Advertisement

Ugh, horrible looking tackle. I think Leonard Weaver has broken his leg. Very nasty

Woodson interception. Not the last time I expect to say those words this season. :D

Edit: overturned

And it was preventable by the receiver.

Same as the Colts non-INT. Can't understand why it wasn't an INT, but the player didn't protect the ball
    so tough sh!t.

I agree with you Johnson was an idiot for what he did but it should not had been an issue to begin with.
    Much the same way that McShane was an idiot for his defending in Paris but that still doesn't change what happened was wrong afterwards imo.

I agree with you Johnson was an idiot for what he did but it should not had been an issue to begin with.
    Much the same way that McShane was an idiot for his defending in Paris but that still doesn't change what happened was wrong afterwards imo.

Yeah, and what is McShane's reputation? Pretty damn shoddy.

I just can't understand why he didn't protect the ball. Nevermind protect it -- just don't slam it into the ground.

He kinda deserved what he got ... unfortunately the team and fans don't.

Savage play from Seattle.

That hasselbeck guy is past it :P

Yeah, and what is McShane's reputation? Pretty damn shoddy.

I just can't understand why he didn't protect the ball. Nevermind protect it -- just don't slam it into the ground.

He kinda deserved what he got ... unfortunately the team and fans don't.

Well McShanes reputation is irrelevant to the comparison. Anyway I think we agree! Johnson was an idiot, rule is harsh

Offense is pretty poor on both sides here. Not impressed with kolb at all yet.

Well McShanes reputation is irrelevant to the comparison.
    Except that he's crap, so his poor play wasn't really unexpected. Actually, no offence, but thinking about it the analogy doesn't fit :D Sorry :)

**** Ryan Grant has injured his leg and it looked nasty. He was just starting to get motoring as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Lot of injuries in the Eagles Packers game. Jamal Jackson (Eagles centre),Kolb went down hurt and now Ryan Grant seems to have hurt his knee(Quinten Mickel fell on him, doesnt look to be too serious though)

Bradley down now as well for the Eagles, I know injuries are a part of the game but there are lot in this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

There's life in the old dog yet;)

Advertisement