Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merit Placing

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Yamman

goodness me, I seem to have caused quite a stir :confused:, I didnt mean to get anyone's back up or rub anyone with a good merit score's nose in it, all I was doing was giving people (who like me this time last week, thought all was lost due to a rubbish merit score,) a bit of hope to know that all isnt lost and as boutye said, rubbish merit score, could be a great cop, how does answering few questions and doing a few role plays prepare you for what you could face on the street, like a serving officer said to me, "garnervilles hard, but wait to your on the street, thats when the real training starts"

so again sorry if anyone seems to thing I'm gloating or whatever it definately wasnt the case, all I was doing was trying to give people in similar boat to myself a bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Yamman wrote: »
    "garnervilles hard, but wait to your on the street, thats when the real training starts"

Exactly right. Congratulations and welcome to the team :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Yamman

BoutYe wrote: »
    Exactly right. Congratulations and welcome to the team :D

Thanks buddy, to say i can not wait is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

you have picked me up wrong

i totally agree with what your saying about merit placing and actual policing. (i have thought the ins and outs of what you posted a million times, was what i meant by this)
    i'm sure in the past its been the case many times that high merit placing = crap cop and vice a versa.

what i was trying to get at and i can understand why you may have picked me up wrong, (i should have been clearer) is

RC, no real merit placing, whoevers paper work clears fast (for whatever reason, and i'm been told on the phone from appointsments that it is the case if you've moved around, big family etc your application is disadvantaged over a, live at home, one brother for example applications) and your in.

NRC, merit placing actually counts

i'm RC by the way, i'm just pis**d off that that my addresses and family addresses read like a phone book!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

You have given me hope, Yamman:) My merit score is rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Gave me some genuine hope also. I do appreciate you lettimg me know Yamman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zzz101z

Hey people, just got word from a reliable source that there will be at least six more intakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

surely they are bound to start taking people from C16 soon. what was the point in even opening up a new campaign if they still had people to call up from C15

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

Yamman wrote: »
    "garnervilles hard"

The only hard part about garnerville is getting accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

hi all im so new to this its rediculous, i dont really know were to start here, i think im in the same boat as you, ive had my vetting and medical and passed etc but dont really know where i stand now anybody give me any info??

help?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lushguy57

Hi all,
    I'm merit placing 450-460

What does this actually mean? Like is that my own individual number, or could 5 people share the same one?

Say I got 58 in ist and same in ac, i'm sure tons of people recieved exactly the same score as me because I assume scores are fairly similar accross the board, why would they have a higher or lower merit place??

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

The merit placing is your unique place on the list.

It goes by AC score first, then IST score, but I don't really know what they do if you get exact same in both.

Did you by any chance score 55 in AC and 57 or less in the IST?

My merit place is just above yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

lushguy57 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm merit placing 450-460

What does this actually mean? Like is that my own individual number, or could 5 people share the same one?

Say I got 58 in ist and same in ac, i'm sure tons of people recieved exactly the same score as me because I assume scores are fairly similar accross the board, why would they have a higher or lower merit place??

Something not right with your figures. I got 57 in AC and I'm over 150 places higher than you in the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

They didn't say they got 58 etc, they said 'say i got 58.........'

With that merit place they probably got the same ac score as me - 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

wanadrum wrote: »
    They didn't say they got 58 etc, they said 'say i got 58.........'

With that merit place they probably got the same ac score as me - 55

I see. I picked their post up wrongly.

Advertisement