Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merit Placing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

cr41g wrote: »
    Could someone send me the number to phone, also do you need to give them your candidate number or can you just use your name, as i am in work and they will have closed before i leave. Thanks

They ask for your UID number, but you could phone and try without it. No harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Merit place low 365-375 for RC with AC score of mid/high 50s. Quite pleased with that, now they just need to recruit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cr41g

How many people will they actually hire, fr example is it the top 400 people say on the merit list or what.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

In previous campaigns it has been 440 places , but with budgets etc this time around is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I guess it all depends on how many they take on, community background etc. I think I'm right in saying that an RC with a much lower merit place can get in before a non-RC?

• Advertisement

Oh no, this is depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

I didn't need my uid just asked for my details name etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skatestraight

Hey all got my placing this morning, 105-115.. so pretty well pleased with that! an thank you all for replying with the number so quick last nite its very much appreciated!

Just a little hope for some people, my brother had a merit placing of high 400s last year and got in about half way through the campaign i think it'll come down to how quick your vetting passes through!

Just want to wish every1 luck not only in this freezer of ours but also with the intakes when an if they take place! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Melmummo

cr41g wrote: »
    memulmno you don't need your UID apparently you can just give name and address.

I phoned up without my uid no and she asked me to call back with it! Maybe I just have a common name need to distinguish us! Score between 550-560!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Anyone care to pm me with the contact tel number for merit placing please:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imalumberjack

hi can anyone provide me with the infamous telephone number? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 djofficer

Hi, i used to follow these boards for the last campaign, but didnt do very well. A bit more hopeful this time around! Would anyone be able to send me the number and also, does anyone know what the IST score is out of?? Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Canardly

Hey just phoned and got my merit number and from what i can see on other posts people are getting a merit range is that what they are being told when they phone or is that a rule on the forum that you cant give your specific merit number?

You cant give your exact merit number on the forum apparantly

ah cheers buddy so you must gte an exact then just put it in a range, well i was amazed at mine for the score, 1-10 but no news of medical and verification is still away so hard to tell could be verification that cooks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Hi there - people give a merit rnge so they cannot be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

It's quite scary to think of the difference one little mark could make!

But yeah, I'm trying to get it into my head that no matter what your merit score ends up, we've all done pretty damn good to get this far really. As the feedback report says "Overall you have met the standard required to be a police trainee" Cool...so...how about it then :D We're all good enough, we've all still passed, just too many of you swots out there have done better than some of us :P

I will be back, no doubt about that, failure really does hit me hard but it sure as hell won't stop me.

And you's need'nt think you're getting rid of me off this forum either because I did so bad, I'll keep lurking...oh yes I'll keep lurking :P

On that note, I may have done well in this campaign but I know for a fact I am not the most suitable person for the job. I get angry too quickly sometimes, I dont stand up to people, I get scared, Im like any human being, just because i got XYZ in a test set up by recruitment contractors, who are into big bucks for this, doesnt mean im going to be a real good cop.

Anybody out there who hasnt got what they wanted this time round - you could be the best person for the job, you never know! Likewise, people who scored good and are lucky enough to get into GV - dont get cocky or complacent, you only managed to pass a test in a hotel room this dosent mean you will be a good cop.

Keep those chins up and if its for you, it wont go by you!

Well done - you must have done very well - what was your AC score?

Hi beca - great post!!!

How did you do in the merit placing - must be good with your score you luck duck!!

I bet you are working away on a new ultimate list?????

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

wanadrum wrote: »
    Hi beca - great post!!!

How did you do in the merit placing - must be good with your score you luck duck!!

I bet you are working away on a new ultimate list?????

that i am my boy! im even working towards getting fired as the boss has put out a memo to say no internet for personal use or for searching for new jobs!

i got top 50-ish PM me if you really wanna know but my nickname is a dead giveaway if i make it anymore specific! :)

• Advertisement

was 66 was over the moon but i think small things in my verification might let me down so its what i am really waiting for, if it passes il be in good spirits

Well done - strange you haven't recieved vetting forms already (either that or you have been a really bad boy/girl!)

ni i have recieved them and sent them off i just havent recieved word back and yeah i have a few blemishes lol

That's ok then - was shocked as I though you hadn't recieved them.

I don't think they do get back to you to say it has cleared - only if it hasn't cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

beca wrote: »
    On that note, I may have done well in this campaign but I know for a fact I am not the most suitable person for the job. I get angry too quickly sometimes, I dont stand up to people, I get scared, Im like any human being, just because i got XYZ in a test set up by recruitment contractors, who are into big bucks for this, doesnt mean im going to be a real good cop.

Anybody out there who hasnt got what they wanted this time round - you could be the best person for the job, you never know! Likewise, people who scored good and are lucky enough to get into GV - dont get cocky or complacent, you only managed to pass a test in a hotel room this dosent mean you will be a good cop.

Keep those chins up and if its for you, it wont go by you!

That post is comparable to that speech. :(:(:(:(:(

ah ok so if you pass they just say nothing then ask you at some point to come to the next stage lol ?

As far as I know, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

landed between 20 and 30, vetting still not cleared from last year never mind this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

For anyone interested my merit score is between 850-870 rc. Think this is possibly the lowest posted score. I asked how many were on the list but the lady was unable to tell me, does anyone have a rough idea or willing to make an educated guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Right, my AC score arrived today.

My stats thus far are as follows-
    AC-57
    Merit- 295/305
    Non RC
    Not medical or vetting forms yet.

Advertisement