Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merit Placing

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just phoned recruitment, merit places are out I'm mid-low 400's...don't really know how good/bad that is but woman said I've been forwarded for medical which can't be bad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I got the same AC score as you, so I suppose I'll be near enough to you.Can you remember what you scored in the IST?

I bet you have just caused a lot of excitment and forum activity should pick up again soon.......

Thanks for posting.

I'm in the 440s - doubt there has ever been a nrc get in with merit placing that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kizwiz

100-120 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Ola once again amigos

Phoned up there and spoke to the person in the know - poor thing is in the office by themself on a day like this with everyone phoning!

Anywho, I'm between 90 & 100, not sure if that's good or not, or if it will be enough, but fingers crossed and back to waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Got my merit placing.

As mediocre as I expected. 700-720. Guess thats me out this time round. Feeling a bit dejected.

One thing though it has spurred me on to reapply again when it comes around. I KNOW I could pick up another 6-8 marks and that would put me in the running no matter what.

Will take it as a learning experience and use it to better myself as I know know that the IST and AC is withing my capabilities.

Good luck folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Mod Note : Folks easy to get over-excited at this time but don't forget do not post exact merit scores on this public forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

(Apologies to admin staff on the phones today!)

wanadrum wrote: »
    Delancey42 - would it be ok to post the telephone number on the thread to save pm's?

Afraid not Wanadrum ( I see where you're coming from ). Alas all too easy for any malicious individual to make crank calls having gotten the number here ( might also delay ME getting my score ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Not sure how uptodate this is but there is some useful information on this PDF, again not sure how old this is, so the information could be out dated now

http://www.psni.police.uk/police_recruitment.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

200-210 last year and only 350-360 this year! Boooooooooo lol

• Advertisement

got my score and well-pleased too . well inside the top 50 !

Folks I will be on for a while and I will PM the number out to all who seek it

hotelglo - what was your AC score mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

180-200rc that's me happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

After a ten minute wait I got through.

They said there had been lots of call this afternoon for some reason.

Any way I was under 310 for a NRC. Which was a big improvement from last time.

Anyone know how that leaves my chances?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Gee-22 wrote: »
    They said there had been lots of call this afternoon for some reason.

I did LOL..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

wanadrum wrote: »
    hotelglo - what was your AC score mate?

56 this year, cant remember last year but definitely not over 60. A bit disapointed but hey!!

psni wrote: »
    I did LOL..

What do you mean? Was that you?

psni wrote: »
    (Apologies to admin staff on the phones today!)
    What do you mean? Was that you?

No. It's just that they're not equipped to take all these calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

im 610-620.

aww well. least i no my chances now which in a way is comforting...now to focus my efforts on improving for the next time...whenever that shall be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

I should've warned the poor woman on the phone I'd be informing you all lol!

Congrats delancey that's excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

hey got merit placing high 500's im rc, so did few sums in my head dont think im too badly off, will just have to ride it out now

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

Just got my merit placing of 760-780, AC result 52.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

1986j wrote: »
    Got my merit placing.

As mediocre as I expected. 700-720. Guess thats me out this time round. Feeling a bit dejected.

One thing though it has spurred me on to reapply again when it comes around. I KNOW I could pick up another 6-8 marks and that would put me in the running no matter what.

Will take it as a learning experience and use it to better myself as I know know that the IST and AC is withing my capabilities.

Good luck folks!

did you not get vetting and medical?doubt they'd spend the money on you if you weren't in with a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

After a 15 min wait, finally got through...
    I'm between 170-190 so happy enough with that, asked why I hadnt received any vetting forms and the girl said that I should have them shortly so happy days:):):)

What a lovely pleasant woman she was too:rolleyes:

She was a very pleaseant lady!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Canardly

Hi first time on the forum, just got my results back and i have put my verification forms in at a month ago if not more does that mean i would be able to attain a merit number if i phoned? Have people from this april-june's tests gotten medicals yet?

Also can someone pm the number for the merit list and il try it and see?

Thank you

Yeah , very pleasant woman .

Folks its gone 1700 hrs and I guess they will be closed now - anyone who needs the phone number just leave a post on here or PM me and I will send it out later this evening.

Congratulations on some impressive score ranges there and thanks for helping out with PM'ing numbers and for NOT posting exact scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

out of interest folks how many places are there on the merit list?

ie what does it go up to before people arent assigned a placing

Can anyone confirm - is the merit list the number you got before or after the 50/50 split?

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm - is the merit list the number you got before or after the 50/50 split?

The Merit list is independent of 50/50 and is the merit scores of ALL applicants who passed the AC. The list is compiled before 50/50 kicks in.

Advertisement