Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merit Placing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

delancey42 wrote: »
    The Merit list is independent of 50/50 and is the merit scores of ALL applicants who passed the AC. The list is compiled before 50/50 kicks in.

Thanks good cheers.

Here's hoping there are 200 RCs above me on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Maybe just maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for a freeze for a year and then maybe a full intake of 8-10 for a year.

A few crude sums I done in my head.

Someone wrote on the forum that if you are non-rc and your beyond 330ish on merit list you do not have a chance.

That would mean that in the top 330, 110 are RC's

Maybe in the top 660 then 220 are RC's.

Means that any RCs as low as 750-800 could be in with a chance. (seen people say this before on the forum) providing there was a full intake.

I also know a current officer who was in teh first intake of his campaign and he was RC and 156th. Incredibly frustrating that 3 more marks would have put me 100s of places higher.

Like I said my own doing, nobody had any influence on my score other than myself. Next time I KNOW I will be more prepared and able as it was my first time at AC.

Long wait ahead lol

Has anyone any info from c15. e.g Low merit places for RC's and the lowest know merit score etc? Vince Coupon perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'm hoping there are 220 or more RC's above me, and a few NRCs who have colourful past or medically unfit - how selfish of me???

First, cheers everybody who pm'ed me the number so quickly earlier, I had literally 5 mins left on my lunch and was bricking it incase I didn't get it in time and had to wait!

As I suspected...terrible...840's :mad::mad:
    I knew it was going to be bad before I rang but that really did hurt when it sunk in just how bad it is :(

God help them people on the phones today though, the first bloke put me through to the wrong bit, I was like ooh sorry etc etc, she was like "Aah never worry, they've been doing this all day to me, phones never stopped and it's not even for me" Poor souls :D

Congrats everyone, some impressive numbers here...one in particular amazingly good but I'm sure I don't even have to say your name, you know who you are!

Hey pluginbaby2112,

I think it is an achievement even to have got this far - and dont forget, 1 mark could put you up 100 places or more!!

I think you and I may both be applying next time they start a campaign.

Funny I was talking to a frien who recently passed out of GV - he got 54 at ac, is NRC and got in about halfway through the campaign of appointments. I got 55 at ac and am in the 440s on merit list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Delancy or anyone, would you pass the important number this way too! please.

judging by AC scores relationship to merit placing, i'm gonna guess 300+ for me with a 57 AC score

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meeky

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a nuisance but could anyone in the know PM me the number so I can get confirmation of the death of my application?

Oh and congratulations to all those with the great scores, what a feeling that must be!

Cheers

wanadrum wrote: »
    Hey pluginbaby2112,

I think it is an achievement even to have got this far - and dont forget, 1 mark could put you up 100 places or more!!

I think you and I may both be applying next time they start a campaign.

Funny I was talking to a frien who recently passed out of GV - he got 54 at ac, is NRC and got in about halfway through the campaign of appointments. I got 55 at ac and am in the 440s on merit list.

It's quite scary to think of the difference one little mark could make!

But yeah, I'm trying to get it into my head that no matter what your merit score ends up, we've all done pretty damn good to get this far really. As the feedback report says "Overall you have met the standard required to be a police trainee" Cool...so...how about it then :D We're all good enough, we've all still passed, just too many of you swots out there have done better than some of us :P

I will be back, no doubt about that, failure really does hit me hard but it sure as hell won't stop me.

And you's need'nt think you're getting rid of me off this forum either because I did so bad, I'll keep lurking...oh yes I'll keep lurking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

was thinking about the way marks used to be handed out in school, then your place in the class worked out.

lets say, 3 students scored 70 out of 100, a score of 70 got you placed 10th in the class, these 3 students all got placed 10th! the next person started at 14th,you get me! at least thats how it was done in my school

delancy, will you fire me over the number to call for merit score, when you get a chance buddy! be interested to see my score in relation to yours, done worse this year in my ist, slipped through 1 mark over the pass mark,(bit cocky i think!) i'm sitting one above you in the ac score, so it'll show if "over all" scores comes into play, we'll crack this process yet mate!

vetting must be ongoing, got my forms in the post this morning, left a bit of info out, ooops!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

A girl on this forum got the same score in AC as me but I am a few places higher on the merit list.

It must be AC score first then if people have same score IST comes into play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

1986j wrote: »
    A girl on this forum got the same score in AC as me but I am a few places higher on the merit list.

It must be AC score first then if people have same score IST comes into play.

Spot on ! The AC is far and away the more important one but when you consider that there are possibly a hundred or more people with the same AC score then you can see how a good IST can help.

Thats what they did at my school too!

I bet you have a very low merit number and will get in first intake when it eventually happens. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

actually, what i posted doesn't make sense, if 3 peolpe are on the same score, you still have 3 in front of you, doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

In case anyone is thinking this thread has shrunk they'd be right - I deleted a lot of posts requesting the recruitment phone number( after replying to them I might add ) . Feel free to post new requests for it though but again take care not to post the number on the forum - PM only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gert61

I'd appreciate the number PM'd not that hopeful though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Likewise,as much as im dreading the result,i just need to know,could you pm me the number please.

Gert & triple - number sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

This is testing a new competency, trying to get this number. Competency 8 - Patience. I've tried 3 times to get through, been told that the lady who so many of you found helpful yesterday is off and they think there is someone covering. I've been cut off twice and no-one really knows who's supposed to deal with these phone calls today.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

king_eric wrote: »
    This is testing a new competency, trying to get this number. Competency 8 - Patience. I've tried 3 times to get through, been told that the lady who so many of you found helpful yesterday is off and they think there is someone covering. I've been cut off twice and no-one really knows who's supposed to deal with these phone calls today.

or maybe its Resilience they are testing you again :p wonder if the lady yesterday got that many calls yesterday just thought nah im not doing that again lol

seen a few names asking for the phone number there.

Would be good if everyone could post their AC score and merit placing range so we can all see where we stand, and if/when appointments are being made, we know when not to get excited.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

Merit place between 360-380 with an AC score of 56. Don't think that will be good enough, being a non RC. Does anyone know roughly what the lowest placed non RCs have been to get a place in previous campaigns? Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Just got my Merit number. between 160-180, very pleased as I didn't expect such a good result. Now the waiting game for recruitment to open! Well done to all who have got this far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cr41g

Could someone send me the number to phone, also do you need to give them your candidate number or can you just use your name, as i am in work and they will have closed before i leave. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Melmummo

Hi, could someone please pm me the phone number? I scored 54 in AC , no vetting or medical though!

cr41g wrote: »
    Could someone send me the number to phone, also do you need to give them your candidate number or can you just use your name, as i am in work and they will have closed before i leave. Thanks

They ask for your UID number, but you could phone and try without it. No harm in trying.

Thanks guys, trying to get through but no joy yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Melmummo

Thanks for the replies don't have my uid no on me so have to get it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

anyone got the phone number handy?

memulmno you don't need your UID apparently you can just give name and address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

between 660-670 with an ac score of 53.

Advertisement