Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46'' LE46C530 LCD TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭t125

Welease wrote: »
    WOW are you still on about this?...

Argos had stated on their web site.. "Less than Half Price", it's obviously an offer and not a cock up. It's a clearance of stock.. it's been pointed out to you several times, and links provided. Multiple people have checked, and reconfirmed with Argos, and Argos are selling at that price.... They emailed people in advance this week with the offer!

Maybe.. just maybe.. their overpriced TV's are being sold at less than your overpriced TV's in this particular instance... (and normally I wouldn't throw insults around, but the links and information have been given to you by several different posters in your own forum, you seem unable to accept that. As a representative of a company, maybe you should be less quick to call out other companies incorrectly if you don't bother to check the details you have been provided...).

Edit - And to clarify.. i think your presence on the Curry's forums is great, and it's great to see "faceless" retailers take an active interest in their consumers.. it's a win-win situation.. but in this case, just say you won't price match an obvious stock clearance, no one in their right mind expects a company to.. continually pretending it's an error when it has been pointed out it's not.. numerous times, just makes you look unprofessional and undermines the good work you do elsewhere.. Just my 2c.. Regards.

It's not a Argos stock clearance, The Samsung 46'' LE46C530F1 is a 2010 model, Samsung only launched this model for sale in europe at the end of July this year, To be fair it was a mistake by Argos on their web site and in the short flyer they printed. when Argos realise the Boo Boo They could easly have fixed the web page but because the flyer's were already out they had no choise but to honour what was printed and go with it. I could not belive my luck when they took the order at 529.99 in the Argos shop and thats why I posted it on Board.ie

P/s if anyone still wants a Samsung 46'' LE46C530F1 for 529.99 euro, don't wait The Argos Sale ends on Sep 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

t125 wrote: »
    It's not a Argos stock clearance, The Samsung 46'' LE46C530F1 is a 2010 model, Samsung only launched this model for sale in europe at the end of July this year, To be fair it was a mistake by Argos on their web site and in the short flyer they printed. when Argos realise the Boo Boo They could easly have fixed the web page but because the flyer's were already out they had no choise but to honour what was printed and go with it. I could not belive my luck when they took the order at 529.99 in the Argos shop and thats why I posted it on Board.ie

P/s if anyone still wants a Samsung 46'' LE46C530F1 for 529.99 euro, don't wait The Argos Sale ends on Sep 7th.

Well thats not what they said to me, or as you mentioned, what they emailed out.. It was an offer until Sept 7th (as per the email).. and that TV was at that price.. When I spoke to Argos, she said they had lots in stock, it was a clearance at that price until that date they were somewhat surprised so many people were interested.. no biggie for them..

It was advertised via email, on the web, and Argos have not failed to honour that price (although a couple of people were initially asked to pay 700+ for some reason)..

Has anyone had Argos confirm it was a mistake? Because people seems to be doing them an injustice (incl. Declan) if they emailed, posted, sold and delivered on the price they advertised......

Edit - Just because it's 2010 doesn't make a difference.. Curry's themselves led a pricewar this weekend on prices of specific TV's and Laptops etc. with the opening of their new combined store in Blanch... (which is great for the consumer btw :))..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Has anyone had Argos confirm it was a mistake? Because people seems to be doing them an injustice (incl. Declan) if they emailed, posted, sold and delivered on the price they advertised......

Well the fact that it was on their system for €700+, is €250 more on the UK site (according to xe.com), is actually selling below cost, had the wrong information on the website and the fact that Argos are notoriously and consistently d*cks to the Irish market all suggest it is a mis-price.

Nice of them to honour it tho.

Well the fact that it was on their system for €700+, is €250 more on the UK site (according to xe.com), is actually selling below cost, had the wrong information on the website and the fact that Argos are notoriously and consistently d*cks to the Irish market all suggest it is a mis-price.

Nice of them to honour it tho.

Well my experience was.. I got an email saying 529 (iirc.. deleted the email).. someone posted it was 529... didnt order for a few days... rang up.. paid 529, which is the price they asked for.. asked the rep about it.. she said they had lots and were clearing them out from the UK... TV being delivered on the 9th...

You assume cockup all along the line.. I go with the price that was advertised and I got.. lets agree to disagree.. (and selling below cost is neither new, unique or necessarily a mistake) :)

Let's face it.. either way neither us nor anyone (apart from Agros) can prove it was a mistake or otherwise..

Well thats not what they said to me, or as you mentioned, what they emailed out.. It was an offer until Sept 7th (as per the email).. and that TV was at that price.. When I spoke to Argos, she said they had lots in stock, it was a clearance at that price until that date they were somewhat surprised so many people were interested.. no biggie for them..

It was advertised via email, on the web, and Argos have not failed to honour that price (although a couple of people were initially asked to pay 700+ for some reason)..

Edit - Just because it's 2010 doesn't make a difference.. Curry's themselves led a pricewar this weekend on prices of specific TV's and Laptops etc. with the opening of their new combined store in Blanch... (which is great for the consumer btw :))..

I work next door to Argos and know the staff very very well, they told me that a memo was sent to them about the mistake on monday afternoon and the price checker in were reset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I work next door to Argos and know the staff very very well, they told me that a memo was sent to them about the mistake on monday afternoon and the price checker in were reset

When you say "the price checker in were reset", are you saying that Argos's price checking system now shows the correct price? The reason I ask is that I called Argos today and they confirmed that while the Argos website states the price of the 46C530 is €529.99, their system still states that the price is €700+; I don't recall the exact price they quoted. They did, however, confirm that they will sell the TV for €529.99 since the website does show the TV at that price.

Well equally, it's not what I heard from Argos themselves..

But if it's true (and I have no reason to disbelieve you) I offer my apologies to Declan.. (I still don't belive it's professional to comment on other companies.. in an official capacity I would not do it, and I don't believe others should do it based on speculation either)

Rsaeire wrote: »
    When you say "the price checker in were reset", are you saying that Argos's price checking system now shows the correct price? The reason I ask is that I called Argos today and they confirmed that while the Argos website states the price of the 46C530 is €529.99, their system still states that the price is €700+; I don't recall the exact price they quoted. They did, however, confirm that they will sell the TV for €529.99 since the website does show the TV at that price.

I don't know I have been off work for a few days I am back in work on sunday so I'll go next door and have a look and see if it now show the correct price

Well my experience was.. I got an email saying 529 (iirc.. deleted the email).. someone posted it was 529... didnt order for a few days... rang up.. paid 529, which is the price they asked for.. asked the rep about it.. she said they had lots and were clearing them out from the UK... TV being delivered on the 9th...

You assume cockup all along the line.. I go with the price that was advertised and I got.. lets agree to disagree.. (and selling below cost is neither new, unique or necessarily a mistake) :)

Let's face it.. either way neither us nor anyone (apart from Agros) can prove it was a mistake or otherwise..

If argos told you they were clearing them out from the UK then why Is Argos UK not drop the price too Argos price in the UK is 649 POUNDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

I'll try to bring the debate to an end by talking to Argos. If I'm wrong then I will grovel shamelessly. We all make mistakes and it's either them or me.

• Advertisement

I'll try to bring the debate to an end by talking to Argos. If I'm wrong then I will grovel shamelessly. We all make mistakes and it's either them or me.

I dont think there is any need to govel shamelessly :) You provide a great customer service here, and irrespective of how Argos got to the €529, please continue to do so :)

If argos told you they were clearing them out from the UK then why Is Argos UK not drop the price too Argos price in the UK is 649 POUNDS

Because there is no requirement to do so?

Retailers will often change prices for specials in different regions.. If memory serves Curry's dropped the prices of lots of items in the UK last week, but didnt match the drops product for product here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I went to Harvey Normans and the same TV was around 650 but included a stand and a 3 year warranty. I showed them the offfer from the website and asked if they could match but they couldn't. they took a photocopy of my printed page :) I called to Soundstore in Cork also and the price was over 800 there, agan showed them the page and he rang argos who's instore price has increased. Both companies said it was a mistake so I don't blame Curry's for saying the same, however the offer was supposed to end in August but the website for Ireland for whatever reason hasn't been updated.

I have ordered one and when i get it i want to nominate the op for poster of the year :)

Anyone know where i can get a good surround sound system for this tv?

omerin wrote: »
    I went to Harvey Normans and the same TV was around 650 but included a stand and a 3 year warranty. I showed them the offfer from the website and asked if they could match but they couldn't. they took a photocopy of my printed page :) I called to Soundstore in Cork also and the price was over 800 there, agan showed them the page and he rang argos who's instore price has increased. Both companies said it was a mistake so I don't blame Curry's for saying the same, however the offer was supposed to end in August but the website for Ireland for whatever reason hasn't been updated.

I have ordered one and when i get it i want to nominate the op for poster of the year :)

Thanks for nominating me Omerin

• Registered Users Posts: 33 chepejohn

ye drive back to harvey normans and start again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thats a really good price Harvey Normans gave you there for the tv + stand + extra 2 years warrenty.

That Soundstore on the Sarsfield will rip you off big time, I bought a 5.1 system in a clearance sale there once and the guy tried to sell me a 1.5m HDMI cable for the special offer price of 75 euro :rolleyes:

Anyway, back OT...
    Its €529.95 in Powercity:
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-14-46C530&pages=1&prod=46C530&brands=SAMSUNG
    and
    €675.21 on Pixmania with code PIXSEPTIE17
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5294206/art/samsung/le46c530-lcd-television.html?srcid=391&mctag=ref_goog_1148&gclid=CI_Hipqc8KMCFUg24wodmD4M3g

I don't know I have been off work for a few days I am back in work on sunday so I'll go next door and have a look and see if it now show the correct price

2.15pm Just checked next door in Argos and the price checker shows 529.99

2.15pm Just checked next door in Argos and the price checker shows 529.99

If you don't mind me asking, which Argos store did you check with?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 edgars

just ordered one today 529.99 great value thanks alot.

If you don't mind me asking, which Argos store did you check with?

I'll just say it is a store in Dublin, but i am sure all Argos stores are the same today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭doohan

Just ordered one there myself...they will call with a delivery date

Cheers OP

She said on the phone that it was showing as a different price on the tills but she checked the website and changed the price on the tills to 529.99

I'll just say it is a store in Dublin, but i am sure all Argos stores are the same today

I understand why you may not want to state which Argos store you check with, since you've previously mentioned that you work next door to it. I only asked as I checked with a store, also in Dublin, and they said the price on their system was still €700+.

I'm going to go check the customer accessible price checker in an Argos store shortly and see what that says. Hopefully it confirms what you've seen and Currys will at least then entertain the idea of price matching and stick to their policy; which, by the way, doesn't mention anything about online prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Ordered mine on Friday for 529euro. 2week lead time to delivery. Gives me time to organise the wall mount and HDMI cables for the PS3 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I went to Harvey Normans and the same TV was around 650 but included a stand and a 3 year warranty.

Are you sure you were looking at the right set?
    I'm just back from HN down in Little Island, and the LE46C530 is on display for €890, with no stand, and no extra warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Soarer wrote: »
    Are you sure you were looking at the right set?
    I'm just back from HN down in Little Island, and the LE46C530 is on display for €890, with no stand, and no extra warranty.

in Kinsale road roundabout. there was another samsung (better version) for 890, but the one in question was straight in front of you as you entered the electrical section, where they usually had the 3d set

in Kinsale road roundabout. there was another samsung (better version) for 890, but the one in question was straight in front of you as you entered the electrical section, where they usually had the 3d set

Cool.
    Not that I don't trust you or anything ;), but I'll swing over in a few hours and have a look.
    I can't understand how there'd be such a difference between the two stores.

Just rang HN at the Kinsale Road Roundabout there, and the guy said they don't even have the C530 on their system.

Will still call over later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Just got my delivery date - next Monday 13th between 7am(!) and noon.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 260886

Declan, how did the discussions with Argos go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Out of stock and not taking orders at the moment..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement