Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46'' LE46C530 LCD TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

tallpaul wrote: »
    Ehmm... that's the whole point of WEEE!!! They are required by law to take your old TV away...

I did not know that....

So when they deliver the TV I should ask them to take the old one???

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Just placed an order.

Thanks OP

However due to the large amount of orders they are receiving it would take up to 14 days for delivery!

Im hoping this is their very pessimistic view!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just ordered one, make sure to listen carefully to the agent because the first price she quoted me was €750!! I pointed out that the website showed €529 (or whatever) and she said oh you're right it does and then got permission from her team-leader to overwrite the price on their own internal system.

Thanks OP.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

mmalaka wrote: »
    I did not know that....

So when they deliver the TV I should ask them to take the old one???

They may not take the old one if it's not in their terms but they should provide a method for you to dispose of the old one free of charge.

I had an issue with komplett who refused to take back an old TV despite it being clearly stated in their T&Cs that they would colelct it. A call to the EPA resulted in Komplett backing down and providing the promised service.

Pixmania (for example) don't collect old TVs but inform people that they can be returned to Currys stores.

This is one of the gray areas of WEEE and it makes online shopping a bit messier.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Just ordered one there from 1800 535091 - for 529.99 and 19.99 delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Must Resist ...Temptation to buy is overpowering...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

The sales staff on the telephones must have hot ears at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paulo_B

Thanks T125, picked this TV up earlier today and for the money it's a great bargin.

Just wanted to let people know if you cant wait on the delivery from Argos, DID are selling the same TV for €678.99.They are doing a 200% price difference at the minute so once you can bring proof of Argos selling it at €529.00, DID electrical can beat the price and do it for €519.99 OR you can get the difference €159*200% = €318.00 as a credit note(after paying the DID price of €678.99). We went for the 2nd option today and picked up the 46inch TV + nice black stand + a credit note of (€200).

I cant imagine them doing this for too much longer either but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pauly

I would be amazed if DID are willing to sell this TV for €229.99 (including the credit note). Personally I would feel very bad insisting that they honour the 200% price difference on this one. What might be more likely would be that DID may reduce the price to €529.99 temporarily, until the Argos sale ends. They are well aware of the Argos price, as I was in DID today and when the staff called head-office to check they already knew. If anyone else gets DID to honour the credit note please post here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Quick update -

Ordered yesterday afternoon.. Argos just rang to arrange a delivery date of 9th Sept.. :) 6 days and counting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭t125

Pauly wrote: »
    I would be amazed if DID are willing to sell this TV for €229.99 (including the credit note). Personally I would feel very bad insisting that they honour the 200% price difference on this one. What might be more likely would be that DID may reduce the price to €529.99 temporarily, until the Argos sale ends. They are well aware of the Argos price, as I was in DID today and when the staff called head-office to check they already knew. If anyone else gets DID to honour the credit note please post here!

I see DID have had to drop the price on a lot of Samsung LCD TV to try and compete with the Argos 46'' price. it's great to see in these bad days people getting a great bargain, I'm very happy I put the 1st post up

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Does DID stock this TV in store?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Argos just rang to arrange a delivery date of 9th Sept....I asked if they would collect the old TV and she said no they will not

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭t125

Argos just rang me to arrange a delivery date for the 9th Sept too. HAPPY DAYS:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

t125 wrote: »
    Argos just rang me to arrange a delivery date for the 9th Sept too. HAPPY DAYS:D;)

I ordered mine a few days ago and got a delivery date of the 14th September.

A bit of Wee County discrimination I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

netnerd wrote: »
    I ordered mine a few days ago and got a delivery date of the 14th September.

A bit of Wee County discrimination I believe!

Got a 10 September date here. Based in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Argos just rang me for the THIRD time with a new delivery date.

Its now the 15th September - they must be making sure the Dubs get theirs first :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

got a delivery date to dublin from argos for the 15th,

rang DID (Airside) to see what's the craic and was told the LE46C530 is special order ? (Cheers OP :))

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No delivery date for me yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I assume this thing will handle 1080/24p, even though it's only 50Hz?

Also, even though it's "only" 50Hz, it'll have to be an upgrade on my current set, a Sony Bravia 46X3000?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I assume this thing will handle 1080/24p, even though it's only 50Hz?

Also, even though it's "only" 50Hz, it'll have to be an upgrade on my current set, a Sony Bravia 46X3000?

Yep, supports 24p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very little if any difference between the two sets except the Bravia is 100Hz.
    I wouldnt consider changing sets.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Very little if any difference between the two sets except the Bravia is 100Hz.
    I wouldnt consider changing sets.

Really?
    Even with the vastly increased dynamic contrast ratio/media file playability/built-in digital tuner?

I'm thinking that the Sammy must have a better picture than the Sony, since it's 3-4 years further down the technology line.

Plus, I'm an awful sucker for a BA!;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Really?
    Even with the vastly increased dynamic contrast ratio/media file playability/built-in digital tuner?

I'm thinking that the Sammy must have a better picture than the Sony, since it's 3-4 years further down the technology line.

Plus, I'm an awful sucker for a BA!;)
    I don't take much consideration to the dynamic contrast ratio anymore.

What you should consider is if you really want media file playability and MPEG4 tuner.

Like, are you happy with how your TV looks now, picture wise?

If so, maybe consider a seperate mediaplayer and/or MPEG4 settop box, or HTPC...

Bearing in mind you'd lose 100Hz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bought one for my dad, an ordered one for my sis, tks op

Ordered one too. Had to order at that money.

Even tried to get Currys to price match as they had it in stock, but they wouldn't.
    Can't understand companies that say they'll "match any price", and then don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Soarer, we won't match an obvious cock up. There is an override at work here where the system price is saying one thing but they've messed up their website. And consumers are doing as consumers do... You've got yourself a TV at well below the cost price and I'm sure Argos will correct the error when they eventually see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Soarer, we won't match an obvious cock up. There is an override at work here where the system price is saying one thing but they've messed up their website. And consumers are doing as consumers do... You've got yourself a TV at well below the cost price and I'm sure Argos will correct the error when they eventually see it.

WOW are you still on about this?...

Argos had stated on their web site.. "Less than Half Price", it's obviously an offer and not a cock up. It's a clearance of stock.. it's been pointed out to you several times, and links provided. Multiple people have checked, and reconfirmed with Argos, and Argos are selling at that price.... They emailed people in advance this week with the offer!

Maybe.. just maybe.. their overpriced TV's are being sold at less than your overpriced TV's in this particular instance... (and normally I wouldn't throw insults around, but the links and information have been given to you by several different posters in your own forum, you seem unable to accept that. As a representative of a company, maybe you should be less quick to call out other companies incorrectly if you don't bother to check the details you have been provided...).

Edit - And to clarify.. i think your presence on the Curry's forums is great, and it's great to see "faceless" retailers take an active interest in their consumers.. it's a win-win situation.. but in this case, just say you won't price match an obvious stock clearance, no one in their right mind expects a company to.. continually pretending it's an error when it has been pointed out it's not.. numerous times, just makes you look unprofessional and undermines the good work you do elsewhere.. Just my 2c.. Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If it was an error it surely would have been corrected by now?
    It seemed to be a telephone only offer.

Argos 1-0 Currys
    Don't shop for it (in Currys)- Argos it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Give it a rest will you:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement