Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46'' LE46C530 LCD TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Just rang HN at the Kinsale Road Roundabout there, and the guy said they don't even have the C530 on their system.

Will still call over later though.

I know I'm having this conversation with myself, but I've finally settled things for myself.

The one Omerin is talking about, from what I could see anyway, was the LE46C580. They have this for €680 on it's own, and it's €990ish with the stand and a 5 year warranty.
    The LE46C530 is further up the back, up towards the Philips stand, and is retailing on special offer of €830 ie. €60 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's €529 in powercity going by that link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

RasTa wrote: »
    That was the correct price at the time I posted it, looks like there just price matching with Argos now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭t125

RasTa wrote: »

It's true ,powercity have been force to Match ARGOS, now will CURRYS do the same??? come on Declan Match it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

t125 wrote: »
    It's true ,powercity have been force to Match ARGOS, now will CURRYS do the same??? come on Declan Match it

Do you work for Argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That was the correct price at the time I posted it, looks like there just price matching with Argos now.
    Free Nationwide delivery too,so its actually cheaper than Argos.
    I'd buy it but for it being 50Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mine being delivered the 14th, can't wait!!

event wrote: »
    Do you work for Argos?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Argos confirmed delivery Wednesday week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Have spoken to and sent an email to Argos today. With a bit of luck my contact will be back to me tomorrow. He's talking to the TV category managers to check the status. I'll bring some humble pie in with me tomorrow just in case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And cream

Have spoken to and sent an email to Argos today. With a bit of luck my contact will be back to me tomorrow. He's talking to the TV category managers to check the status. I'll bring some humble pie in with me tomorrow just in case

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-14-46C530&pages=1&prod=46C530&brands=SAMSUNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Isn't the offer in Argos over tomorrow though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

Do you work for Argos?
    ;)

its a rather simple question

is it not considered advertising, which is banned by the charter, if you work for a company and post up items that they are selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Is there a reason for the slash price?

Is the quality of television good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Gerty wrote: »
    Is the quality of television good?

We only really have this review of the 32" version to go on and the user comments from this and other forums but, from reading them, the answer is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Couple of owner's reviews here and pointers about the best picture settings and other general questions resolved.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1246980-samsung-c530-owners-thread.html

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Comes up with your link but not option to "buy" and when you go thru the menu on the site the tv is not there

Is it gone from powercity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

is it not considered advertising, which is banned by the charter, if you work for a company and post up items that they are selling?

He has done me and a lot of others a favour by advertising it, he has saved me a packet, let it go

I DO NOT WORK FOR ARGOS OR ANY ELECTRICAL RETAILER BUT I DO WORK BESIDE ARGOS
    REGARDS
    T125

THANKS OMERIN FOR THAT COMMENT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

had ordered online put cancelled it. nipped into powercity last night(fonthill) and picked it up for 529.95. they still have a few in stock but sales guy said price would be going up very soon.

got it home and must say very happpy. picking up rte on dtt, perfect picture. media player is great, just plugged in my 1tb hd and away it goes.
    also played a bit of ps3, was worried about the 50hz, but it was perfect.

must say all in a great tv. major bargin:D

Hi all,
    Can't wait to get mine. I have a 1TB external HDD full of movies, mainly .MKV 720p and some 1080p as well, will this TV be able to play them do ye know?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Can't wait to get mine. I have a 1TB external HDD full of movies, mainly .MKV 720p and some 1080p as well, will this TV be able to play them do ye know?

Cheers,
    M

it has played everything i thrown at it, including mkv.the media player is very easy to use aswell. really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Golfusr

Back in stock in Argos. Just ordered mine:)

had ordered online put cancelled it. nipped into powercity last night(fonthill) and picked it up for 529.95. they still have a few in stock but sales guy said price would be going up very soon.

got it home and must say very happpy. picking up rte on dtt, perfect picture. media player is great, just plugged in my 1tb hd and away it goes.
    also played a bit of ps3, was worried about the 50hz, but it was perfect.

must say all in a great tv. major bargin:D

Powercity have now but the price back up to 679.95

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

"Suitable for wall mounting with a VESA 400 x 400mm bracket (bracket not included)."

Can it only be wall mounted with this bracket? Can anyone recommend a good cheap wall bracket please?

Edit: Just ordered this anyway! The woman on the phone said they have sold hundreds of these over the last week or so. I asked her was it a mistake and she said no it was as is advertised to the best of her knowledge. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Just picked up one now, thanks OP ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Just received an email from argos stating that:

"for the time being, the price is confirmed correct".

it has played everything i thrown at it, including mkv.the media player is very easy to use aswell. really happy with it.

Oh happy days! Might actually get rid of my media streamer then if this can play my 1080p .MKV's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So is it actually on their system at €529.99 now, or are they still overriding it?

I'm just wondering if the (very quiet) Declan from Currys should be pricematching?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement