Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Stay on topic please. Please don't derail

Splinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

jimmyw wrote: »
    Depression? Someone mentioned before sometime that he had trouble with his back.Really shocked! How wrong they were.To think even he can get this disease, and I would have thought someone like him would never get it.Just goes to show that anyone can be in that situation and there is no one immune from this.Brave man alright.I had an ignorant view before :o.
    He does also have chronic arthritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Didn't Christy Moore have that problem as well, (Arthur-itis), he even wrote a song about it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is one stupid and inane conversation. "How to say goodbye" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Was on the way into work and heard what they were going to be talking about. I thought to myself, just as well I don't have a radio in the office as it would go through the window.

So what is the correct way to say goodbye? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is one stupid and inane conversation. "How to say goodbye" :rolleyes:

Leaving a party should go something like this:

Invitee: "Right folks, I'm going to fcuk off".
    Host: "Well fcuk off then".

What's so complicated? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Radio5

Enjoyed the show this morning . Even the bit about how to say good bye!

Depression? Someone mentioned before sometime that he had trouble with his back.Really shocked! How wrong they were.To think even he can get this disease, and I would have thought someone like him would never get it.Just goes to show that anyone can be in that situation and there is no one immune from this.Brave man alright.I had an ignorant view before :o.

.To think even he can get this disease....Do you think that because he is a radio presenter, he would be immune to depression? It doesn't work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

.To think even he can get this disease....Do you think that because he is a radio presenter, he would be immune to depression? It doesn't work that way.

Actually, it's quite the opposite in my own experience, with severe depression and conditions such as bi-polarity being far more common than you'd expect among radio presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

fair enough but that was not the reason he was out. though.

Yeah, I am now aware of this.Well it was his personality I was really refering to really.It just goes to show that ANYONE can have this condition,you didnt read my last sentence
    I had an ignorant view before :o.

• Advertisement

fair enough but that was not the reason he was out. though.

Yeah, I am now aware of this.Well it was his personality I was really refering to really.It just goes to show that ANYONE can have this condition,you didnt read my last sentence
    Sorry what I meant was, you said people mentioned he had a bad back. While he was out sick people were saying that because they already knew he had arthritis (and he has been out sick with that before this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭eoinkoenig

At least he's back and doing his job.

It feels like I've heard this Eamon Dunphy interview a million times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Radio5

It feels like I've heard this Eamon Dunphy interview a million times already.

Thats probably because you have! :)

Radio5 wrote: »
    Thats probably because you have! :)
    Did anyone else think it was funny that he said he didn't discuss his former wife in the book because it wasn't for him to discuss and then went on to discuss her on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

They should put this Operation Transformation shyte out of it's misery.
    :(

It gives them plenty of filler for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It gives them plenty of filler for the show.

And a big plug for the TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This Hakka thing for the last 3mornings is really annoying and forced

Is brenders back on the sauce

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    Is brenders back on the sauce
    I think it's something else, cos I mean he's making sense. And I heard him interviewed somewhere else and he sounded the same.

Annnd he's after saying it's because of his diabetes.

Heard that later , sorry Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

John Murray trying every possible way of not saying "You dont get paid for it. So it's a hobby then?"

I would hate to have to deal with Brendan Courtney if I was working in retail.

It would be nice if they would give tips to customers to be less rude as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Totally agree, gone beyond sell by date

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Heard a rugby ref being interviewed this morning, and John trotted out the old chestnut of rugby players being much more respectful to the ref than footballers,
    (I refuse to use the term "soccer players", they are footballers!).
    What a loads of B******s, these are the same rugby players who regularly bite, eye gouge, stamp on and punch opponents, even at international level.
    It's the sort of pretentious crap I've come to expect from the D4 set and RTE in particular.
    I agree that football has many problems which need to be sorted, but I find such holier than thou preaching from the rugby bods sickening. :mad:

Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I wonder how many complaints John will receive for his joke aimed at deaf people and sign language?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Heard a rugby ref being interviewed this morning
    That was Welshman Nigel Owens, who is also known for being openly gay, and who spoke about it in the interview.

Thought it was a good interview myself.

Advertisement