Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who hates Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

hey guys i thought we got past the 'hating on cool things makes me popular' phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

hey guys i thought we got past the 'hating on cool things makes me popular' phase.
    Dublin isn't cool, so what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

paky wrote: »
    i like dublin. its very romantic, the four courts, the gpo...its a republicans wet dream :D

You'd think the country folk would love it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    The next person that uses that shítty picture should be banned forever,

A) it's ****.
    B) Every second person is using the fúcking thing.

well i was going to go for a monkey face palming, but AH does not allow pictures

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Is it true that you can actually buy hash on the streets in dublin??

Is that a serious question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

KidKeith89 wrote: »

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The streets are paved with hash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    I suppose its all what your used to, i personally dont enjoy spending long periods of time in dublin, its too busy, but i would not call dublin a bad place, its just not for me. Don't see why people from outside dublin despise the place and visa versa, If you don't like it dont go there, why attack people who do enjoy it.

How did i attack people who like it here? How could you accuse someone of having an opinion expressing it, attacking? i didnt insult or offend any person. i was wanting to hear from only the people who dont like living in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Depends, Co. Dublin can be very rural and a lot more intensive farming then a lot of counties. Especially in the north
    So lol, at Dubs who post here about farmers, country folk and boggers, do you even know your own county?

And Dublin city is the opposite, not built up at all of course

So depends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 noura

Once you don't be over here takin' our jobs,women and swans your more than welcome:)

lool dont worry I'm just studying here:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

KidKeith89 wrote: »

Yeah I heard it from a mate who was up for a GAA match at Croke Park and missed the train back cos he got lost. He said he was terrified cos it started getting dark and there were all these druggies roaming around and he could tell that the were all on the funny fags and he was terrified that they were gonna stab him so he went and slept in a cop shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Yeah I heard it from a mate who was up for a GAA match at Croke Park and missed the train back cos he got lost. He said he was terrified cos it started getting dark and there were all these druggies roaming around and he could tell that the were all on the funny fags and he was terrified that they were gonna stab him so he went and slept in a cop shop.

They used to sell it round there years ago.

Haven't seen it in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I've lived here all of my 20 years and its grand as far as a relatively small, unimportant city goes I suppose, I've never lived anywhere else yet so I've nothing to compare it to. I do find its very insular and inward looking but then I'm sure everywhere else is like that too ! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

CiaranC wrote: »
    Theres thousands of universities on earth. Pop in on Monday, tell them you are dropping out, and go live your life in some city you'll like.

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out. And if you could take the few hundred thousand like you who live here, milk the city for everything its worth and ****ing whine and moan while doing it, that would be great too.

Well the actual course I actually I wanted to do is in a dublin university. about the dropping out thing even if i wanted which i would never the college is closed. If you don't know the majority of colleges are on holidays until mid september, are you irish or you never went to school? because, it seems like you don't know much about the irish education system. You know a few hundred thousand people? who are like me? Are you God? well God wouldnt judge on ignorance. What do you mean by milking the city for everything its worth? Where do you live in a cave or you don't live in the real world where money is not an obstacle to you becase you don't see the way how things actually are here. You don't get your moneys worth in dublin everything is real expensive, you don't get value for money especailly in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Im just thinking of the time a taxi driver who owns the company as well told us how he heard cork was "Very Tribal" :pac:

Me and My friend in the back were there skittin our heads off saying it was just too take the mick out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Seloth wrote: »
    Im just thinking of the time a taxi driver who owns the company as well told us how he heard cork was "Very Tribal" :pac:

Me and My friend in the back were there skittin our heads off saying it was just too take the mick out of him.

it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

it is.

Yes, we sacrifice outsiders at the revered shrine of langers so that the sun god will make the sun rise each day.

You have been warned. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

How did i attack people who like it here? How could you accuse someone of having an opinion expressing it, attacking? i didnt insult or offend any person. i was wanting to hear from only the people who dont like living in dublin.

No u misunderstand me i didn mean you, but if you look at the majority of threads about dublin vs the rest, people abuse each other about which side they are from and this is so stupid, jesus who cares were all in the one country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm from Dublin, It's shíte

jesus who cares were all in the one country.

For a tiny one there's a hell of a lot of infighting.

I blame the GAA. :D :pac:

• Advertisement

MultiUmm wrote: »
    For a tiny one there's a hell of a lot of infighting.

I blame the GAA. :D :pac:

Ah theres always gonna be rivalry but theres rivalry and then just pure idiocy on some peoples part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Well there are some people from rural areas of Ireland who hate Dublin and have an inferiority complex, but they love Dublin secretly. They have a picture of Dublin on their bedroom wall and they think to themselves, as they go to bed at night and stare at the picture; one day, one day you will be there, and you will see the lights of the city and all its opportunities. They they lie down in bed and jack off to fantastic of abundant wireless broadband.

Ah theres always gonna be rivalry but theres rivalry and then just pure idiocy on some peoples part.

I was kinda kidding about the GAA thing, but seriously, for a nation of 4 million in the republic alone we're very territorial. :eek:

Could be inherited from our ancestors, going back to the old kingdoms for each province. :pac:

That, or as a people we might just be a bunch of bitches. :cool:

Well there are some people from rural areas of Ireland who hate Dublin and have an inferiority complex, but they love Dublin secretly. They have a picture of Dublin on their bedroom wall and they think to themselves, as they go to bed at night and stare at the picture; one day, one day you will be there, and you will see the lights of the city and all its opportunities. They they lie down in bed and jack off to fantastic of abundant wireless broadband.

Nuff said :D

Nuff said :D

Sarcasm

MultiUmm wrote: »
    I was kinda kidding about the GAA thing, but seriously, for a nation of 4 million in the republic alone we're very territorial. :eek:

Could be inherited from our ancestors, going back to the old kingdoms for each province. :pac:

That, or as a people we might just be a bunch of bitches. :cool:

I didnt mean gaa rivalry, i mean like fair enough ppl saying oh where i live is better then where you live, thats just a pride in your home, but people who overly abuse people because of where the other is from, well that to me is just a sign of a person with personal issues

Sarcasm

so was mine hence the big smiley :)

I didnt mean gaa rivalry, i mean like fair enough ppl saying oh where i live is better then where you live, thats just a pride in your home, but people who overly abuse people because of where the other is from, well that to me is just a sign of a person with personal issues

Or someone who's very petty and needs to widen their scope and go to a few more countries.

I get the feeling anyone who takes this whole "rivalry" between Dublin v. rest of Ireland hasn't seen much of the world, or at least even thought about it. We have a population less than that of a lot of cities, genuinely disliking each other is merely juvenile.

so was mine hence the big smiley :)

Sorry, I have a lot to learn about these internets. :D;):p:o:rolleyes::):mad::(:eek:confused::P:cool::pac:.

.... think I'm getting the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If dublin randomly dropped of the edge of the country & sunk into the irish sea i'd seriously be on the celebratory drink for weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement