Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great AH Census of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Alex Ferguson is God.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I find the problem with people saying that they do or do not believe in God don't really say what they think God is or isn't

Example 1: do you believe in a bearded omnipotent and omnipresent creator who watches down on us from above?
    In this case, I'd be a 6.

Example 2: do you beleive in a collective emotional energy that supports us and is supported by us and our emotions?
    In this case, I'd be a 2
    Well in this case I'm referring to the Judeo-Christian God as this generally is what people think of when asked about God, in Ireland anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stockings

Of all of my friends, I'd say that I'm the last to be considerered "religious". But, I am quietly confident that God is up there and the afterlife is just waiting for me to join it. It's the strangest thing - I'm very skeptical about most things, but I feel very sure about this. I'm very lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Who gives a fúck whether he exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Stockings wrote: »
    I am quietly confident that God is up there and the afterlife is just waiting for me to join it. It's the strangest thing - I'm very skeptical about most things, but I feel very sure about this. I'm very lucky!

There is a God and we are presently part and parcel of that before and after life

the question is where did that life that infuses our bodies much like electricity infuses a light bulb come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sligopark wrote: »
    There is a God whether or not you choose to believe it - simple as

Ah, but what is it you are saying exists? See my post above yours...
    Well in this case I'm referring to the Judeo-Christian God as this generally is what people think of when asked about God, in Ireland anyway!

But is everyone else who voted in the poll?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

"simple as" what? Is that your version of QED.Your statement is merely that, and nothing more.It's completely invalid.

I choose not to believe it.................. so where is this god.Try and offer something useful would ya.Or if you're taking the piss throw in a wink emoticon or something.

There are people out there who make statements as unintelligent as that, who actually think they are being serious.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

But is everyone else who voted in the poll?

I think it's safe to assume that people know what I meant by 'God' in the OP and voted accordingly.

"simple as" what? Is that your version of QED.Your statement is merely that, and nothing more.It's completely invalid.

I choose not to believe it.................. so where is this god.Try and offer something useful would ya.Or if you're taking the piss throw in a wink emoticon or something.

There are people out there who make statements as unintelligent as that, who actually think they are being serious.
    It's best that you ignore him, trust me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

really need an atari jaguar here...

i mean seriously.. my boss exists... but i've never seen her so i can't be too sure... but if i have seen her... it's not gonna make a blind difference.... all i want from her are my wages...

as in...

if there's a god... so it gave me life... if there wasn't a god and i'm still living.. who do i owe?

• Advertisement

something created a universe that ensued with the creation of us - people describe that something as a God - simple as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

There is a God and we are presently part and parcel of that before and after life

the question is where did that life that infuses our bodies much like electricity infuses a light bulb come from?

Thor?

something created a universe that ensued with the creation of us - people describe that something as a God - simple as

Still not really answering the question, unless you're saying that you belive that something created us (which is obvious, really)

galwayrush wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson is God.:cool:

Finally, some tangibility.Ok fella.You actually at least brought up physical evidence for your claim.That puts you ahead of all the other pro goddies.Plus there is evidence of a miracle in how he turned a joke like Man U into the powerhouse it is today.

I still don't think he's god.But he's the top contender so far.

Maybe BOD is God.That'd be flippin deadly wouldn't it Fiachra?

What about David Blane

Or Jessica Alba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think the census is fairly straightforward, only the title is a little confusing as it says Religion rather than Belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

really need an atari jaguar here...

I remember starting threads with polls and had posters looking for this.

The OP provided lots of options and a detailed poll, very good effort

Enough with this stupid and unwritten internet rule about atari jaguar on polls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Clapton is God

galwayrush wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson thinks he is God.:cool:

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Is there really a teapot orbiting Saturn?

(a) Do you believe for certain that there isn't a teapot orbiting Saturn?

(b) Are you unsure if there is a teapot orbiting Saturn and thus hold an agnostic stance to the existence of the teapot orbiting Saturn?

Or, (c) Do you believe for certain that there is a teapot orbiting Saturn?

Note: All does who do not believe in the existence of a teapot orbiting Saturn or are unsure will be placed in a boiling hot pot of tea for eternity and their pain will increase exponentially forever.

I am so glad you posted this - my mate just texted me saying he is orbiting saturn in some sort of teapost and won't be able to join me for amss in the morning - I thought it was some sort of bs until this - THANKS ;)

• Advertisement

Did you ever consider that the concept of creation might actuall be a bi-product of your mind's inability to conceptualise or understand a more complex process.

ie. something exists therefore something more complex must have created it.

according to such logic you would next ask "who created god" to which the answer is "he was always just there" or some other cop out.

If he can just have "always been there" why does it require a creative process for anything else to exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Prove it.

Prove it.

(b) Are you unsure if there is a teapot orbiting Saturn and thus hold an agnostic stance to the existence of the teapot orbiting Saturn?

Note: All does who do not believe in the existence of a teapot orbiting Saturn or are unsure will be placed in a boiling hot pot of tea for eternity and their pain will increase exponentially forever.

What kind of Teapot?China? Aluminium?Steel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Or, d) To two decimal points; do you believe the chances of teapot orbiting Saturn are to closer to 1 or zero in terms of probability; 1 being a certain event and zero an impossible event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thuck_Fat

We are the Universe attempting to understand itself. God is for those who have given up trying...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hell's Kitchen has a grand menu, even if the master chef is profane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Who created the 'thing' that created the universe?
    And who created the 'thing' that created the 'thing' that created the universe?
    In the end, to assume that some 'thing' created the universe from nothing is just as foolish as claiming the universe came from nothing by itself.

Thuck_Fat wrote: »
    We are the Universe attempting to understand itself. God is for those who have given up trying...

I like that.Where did ya nick it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thuck_Fat

I like that.Where did ya nick it from?

My mind. I am flattered that you find it beyond my imagining...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Did you ever consider that the concept of creation might actuall be a bi-product of your mind's inability to conceptualise or understand a more complex process.

ie. something exists therefore something more complex must have created it.

according to such logic you would next ask "who created god" to which the answer is "he was always just there" or some other cop out.

If he can just have "always been there" why does it require a creative process for anything else to exist?

Cause he's God and all those other things are not; He makes all that other stuff.

Advertisement