Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I am not a fan of Tubbs at all...But why in fecks name did that nasal excuse for a singer tell all on National radio to Ian Dempsey.If they made an agreement to gloss over the excitement of Keatings life on the Late Late,why not leave it there.Karaoke Keating mo hón

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Noticable improvement for this mornings papers. I also caught him say to a caller "In a Alan Partridge way" in connection to a salmon undewear story (I have no idea what is was about just heard that minute of it).
    Made me think, I reckon Ryan does look on this thread occasionaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He had Bertie Ahern on this morning

does Tubirty not realise how much this man is hated in the real world:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

He had Bertie Ahern on this morning

does Tubirty not realise how much this man is hated in the real world:mad:

April 1st Sept 23

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Poly wrote: »
    April 1st Sept 23
    That was knob nation right?

miketv wrote: »
    That was knob nation right?

Wasn't listening, but I presume it was a stitch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It was on in the background

Thought it was him:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubridy in relation to the economic ruin brought on by his party Fianna Fáil..
    "I was just thinking yesterday.. how did we get this far" :mad:

Dear god, I nearly put my fist through the radio.. I'm sure there's a few people on his speed dial that could give him a good indication as to how they fkd it up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Even the Sindo is going to town on Tubridy now...the Sindo!!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/smug-in-his-role-as-gods-gift-to-irish-broadcasting-2607524.html

Come in DLB, your time is up.

Even I feel sorry for him at this stage...almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I have a Ryan Tubridy shrine in the corner of my bedroom. I wish the pox on every one of yous that criticise Ryan. RTE will never sack my hero.

telekon wrote: »
    Even the Sindo is going to town on Tubridy now...the Sindo!!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/smug-in-his-role-as-gods-gift-to-irish-broadcasting-2607524.html

Come in DLB, your time is up.

Even I feel sorry for him at this stage...almost.

ouch, that's gotta hurt.
    Poor Tubs is really on the ropes now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'll remind you again, as moderator, that this thread is for discussing the Tubridy show on 2FM and NOT for discussion about Ryan Tubridy's personal life or his twitter account, etc. Off topic posts WILL be unceremoniously deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

he sounded like he was on the batter last night!

Bard wrote: »
    I'll remind you again, as moderator, that this thread is for discussing the Tubridy show on 2FM and NOT for discussion about Ryan Tubridy's personal life or his twitter account, etc. Off topic posts WILL be unceremoniously deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned.

lets call a spade a spade here bard he never stops talking about twitter (on the radio show) all he does is talk about twitter and brings his personal life into it. If you fail to see that your in denial lets be honest here i think all will agree twitter is one of the things he does not shut up about.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    lets call a spade a spade here bard he never stops talking about twitter all he does is talk about twitter and brings his personal life into it. If you fail to see that your in denial lets be honest here i think all will agree twitter is one of the things he does not shut up about.

If he's tweeting something relevant to his show, then go for it. Otherwise remember that the forum is for discussing his show, NOT him personally, and not his twitter.

If you want to discuss the rules any further, take it to PM.

Bard wrote: »
    If he's tweeting something relevant to his show, then go for it. Otherwise remember that the forum is for discussing his show, NOT him personally, and not his twitter.

If you want to discuss the rules any further, take it to PM.

have you listened to the show at all lately?i have no need to go to pm as what i have said to reply is true.should i or anybody else need to pm its good to know we can thanks.

I caught the first 5 mins this morning, he told us that he was called various names when he went shopping in Dundrum over the weekend, he then reminded us that his show is only 2 hrs as it would be boring if it was any longer!!!
    He then proceeded to bore Emma and the listeners with the which song will I play routine.

Partridge quota filled, I switched over at that point.

The pressure is showing, I think Mr.Tubridy knows the game is up, he has nothing new or inventive to offer. My guess, there will be some changes made during the summer break to save face.

• Advertisement

Heard that i think he underestimated that by 1hr55min.The usual crap talk with Emma this morning you can tell that she does not enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

I caught the first 5 mins this morning, he told us that he was called various names when he went shopping in Dundrum over the weekend, he then reminded us that his show is only 2 hrs as it would be boring if it was any longer!!!
    He then proceeded to bore Emma and the listeners with the which song will I play routine.

Partridge quota filled, I switched over at that point.

The pressure is showing, I think Mr.Tubridy knows the game is up, he has nothing new or inventive to offer. My guess, there will be some changes made during the summer break to save face.

Man I could have written every word of your post. After 5 minutes I had had my fill and switched off satisfied.......

He had Margaret E Ward on the show today on what should have been a standard run-of-the mill household budgeting and shopping piece.

As Margaret explained her theories, he became quite bored with the concept of budgeting, it obviously doesn’t affect the golden boy, and he then started to side track into talking about himself and sh1t he has in his fridge.

He really became quite abrasive towards the end of the interview, as Ward wasn’t agreeing with him.
    His ability to fcuk up even a standard radio segment is astounding.

He really really needs to go.

He had Margaret E Ward on the show today on what should have been a standard run-of-the mill household budgeting and shopping piece.

As Margaret explained her theories, he became quite bored with the concept of budgeting, it obviously doesn’t affect the golden boy, and he then started to side track into talking about himself and sh1t he has in his fridge.

He really became quite abrasive towards the end of the interview, as Ward wasn’t agreeing with him.

If RTE had any sense they would give his job to Sean Moncrieff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

A story so typical of the man Poly.

This is the difference between Gerry Ryan and Tubridy. Gerry Ryan could talk to the people, absolutely anyone as he could effortlessly pretend to be one of them (remember his father was a wealthy-ish dentist that was good pals with Charlie Haughey, Gerry would often regale us of glorious summers in the grounds of Kinsealy in his youth:rolleyes:)

But at the same time, he could change gears effortlessly, whether it was conversing with a granny or a junkie. Can ye imagine Tubridy talking to some heroin addict from the inner city without holding his nose and having 3 RTE security staff between him and them? I can't.

For such a high profile position within the national broadcaster, paid for by the taxpayer, surely it is imperitive that communication lines should be effortless with all sections of society like Gay could, like Gerry could.

Tubridy doesnt have a clue whats happening outside his own little bubble. And he doesnt seem to care. Reading the papers every morning about the nation's finances, muttering something like "thats terrible" and seemlessly reverting to mad men box sets, Willy Wonka and the Kennedys is testement to this.

I still believe he is a very nice man. But sometimes nice just doesn't cut it...

telekon wrote: »
    A story so typical of the man Poly.

This is the difference between Gerry Ryan and Tubridy. Gerry Ryan could talk to the people, absolutely anyone as he could effortlessly pretend to be one of them (remember his father was a wealthy-ish dentist that was good pals with Charlie Haughey, Gerry would often regale us of glorious summers in the grounds of Kinsealy in his youth:rolleyes:)

But at the same time, he could change gears effortlessly, whether it was conversing with a granny or a junkie. Can ye imagine Tubridy talking to some heroin addict from the inner city without holding his nose and having 3 RTE security staff between him and them? I can't.

For such a high profile position within the national broadcaster, paid for by the taxpayer, surely it is imperitive that communication lines should be effortless with all sections of society like Gay could, like Gerry could.

Tubridy doesnt have a clue whats happening outside his own little bubble. And he doesnt seem to care. Reading the papers every morning about the nation's finances, muttering something like "thats terrible" and seemlessly reverting to mad men box sets, Willy Wonka and the Kennedys is testement to this.

I still believe he is a very nice man. But sometimes nice just doesn't cut it...

We all know that nepotism is the only way people get up the ladder at RTE and just like Tubridy, Ryan was a product of it.. But I agree, as abrasive and arrogant as Ryan was he showed a level of talent for his job that tubridy can never aspire to. Tubridy reminds me of someone who should have chosen accountancy for a career, he is way out of his depth and contained in a D4 bubble.

Jimmy, you appear to be new here.. so rather than delete your posts, I'll just remind you that this thread is ONLY for discussion of Tubridy's 2FM show. Nepotism, etc. in RTÉ is still considered to be off-topic on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I was reminded of that old Scrap Saturday sketch, the one with CJ Haughey talking to Gay Byrne about the horrors of his years in the FF wilderness, with Dermot Morgan channelling Gaybo by clucking in horror, "Chicken and chips? Nothing to eat but chicken and chips? Dear, oh dear, oh dear..."
    Margaret's talk of making a dinner stretch over two or three days via the clever use of leftovers seemed to genuinely perplex Ryan. I kept imagining Gaybo-slash-Dermot Morgan tutting in shocked disbelief.

A very rude tubridy today coming up to the news at ten, and Kieth barry again was on the show just as he was on the late late on friday.
    i lost count of the amount of references to america again today there is not stopping this chap
    he calls berroca his barrack obamas FFS tubs wake up we are sick of your american bull.
    many reference's to books too.

question for RTE
    Why dont you send tubs off for a few months like you did with charlie bird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

he managed to get a caller on about Jackie O who was from Moneygall which of course led to obama's visit this morning.

Advertisement