Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,761 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This story is not showing any signs of letting up... Especially after Ronan's admission today...

IrishSun28thMarch2011.jpg

This is the frontpage of the Irish Sun from tomorrow, (just shown on Vincent Browne)... He wont be able to avoid this tomorrow.

So Ronan is saying the content of the interview was agreed before hand and RTE are saying it wasn't ? Can I take that from the bits of the front cover I can see ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Ronan is saying the content of the interview was agreed before hand and RTE are saying it wasn't ?

Aha, you didnt read what Ash posted back up above..
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/t...s-2597476.html
    Boyzone singer Ronan let the cat out of the bag and admitted that the content of the interview was set up beforehand, with his “friend” Tubridy.

“Ryan and I are friends and he was good to me on Friday,” Ronan said today. “We spoke before the interview on how it was going to go. That's my private life, and regardless of how many questions someone's going to ask, I'm not going to answer.

“They'll say whatever they want to say, I'll keep my private life private as I always have. Thank you to Ryan, fair play. I hope he doesn't get too hard a time,” he told Ian Dempsey on Today FM this morning.

I think it would be a clever move for Tubridy to say "okay, maybe I called it wrong.. maybe there is more interest in hearing about Ronan Keating's affair than I thought... So Ronan, if you want to talk about it, we will make a space on next week's show".. That would completely remove him from the eye of the storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Am I missing something here? Why does anyone think they have the right to know about peoples marital difficulties. The redtops are wrong - it's none of theirs or our business . The issue of abuse mentioned earlier is irrelevant to this non story. Marriage problems are private, abuse is breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Btr wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Why does anyone think they have the right to know about peoples marital difficulties. The redtops are wrong - it's none of theirs or our business . The issue of abuse mentioned earlier is irrelevant to this non story. Marriage problems are private, abuse is breaking the law.

Ronan Keating is a talentless moppet who's entire career is down to the fact that he is ubiquitous in the red top papers every day, which publish irrelevent little snippets of boyzone/ronan news as given to them by boyzone's publicists. Now that there is actually some news, i.e. he's a cheating prick (oh and talentless...did i mention that?), he expects the red-tops to ignore it? Bollocks, you live by the tabloids, you die by them. If he actually had some talent and wasn't a tabloid whore, I'd probably agree that it's not a public matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Art, we ain't disagreeing with a lot here & it's no coincidence that Ronan murders Burt has just been released. The point however is that his marital problems are none of our business and if we think we have the right to know, then we are mistaken. It's no longer news but titillation !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Art, we ain't disagreeing with a lot here & it's no coincidence that Ronan murders Burt has just been released. The point however is that his marital problems are none of our business and if we think we have the right to know, then we are mistaken. It's no longer news but titillation !

Whether you like it or not, thats the world we live in right now.

If you set yourself up as a paragon of virtue and play the family card to sell records than I reckon you're fair game.

Ronan used his family guy image to help sell Nintendo Wiis...so his family is public when it suits him.

As for Tubs...i think he also considers himself a celebrity now and doesn't want to ask questions that he'd be uncomfortable answering himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Are you happy living in a world where individuals can control the media and use it for their own personal gain and wealth? Are you happy that the €160 euro of your TV licence money is used to facilitate this ?

What if Brian Cowen had a secret meeting with tubs before the show and asked him not to mention the alcohol question? How would that have gone down?

I don't want my national tv station to be a vehicle for the talentless to peddle their crap, there are bands out there with real stories to tell and i want to hear them...not bs like "burt called me"....do honestly think Burt bacharach sat at home thinking..."you know what....that keating chap would do my songs so much justice i think i will obtain his phone number and give him a call...."? Do you see Keatings name along side Dion warwick, Dust Springfield, ronald isley, marlene dietrich, perry como, the drifters,gene pitney, and noel gallagher??? I certainly don't.

If tubs had asked a few more questions like "do you see yourself as a hypocrite, in the way you court the media for cash and then run for cover (while still using the media for cash) then at least it would have been a little more interesting than the shopping channel style interview we were subjected to.

The point however is that his marital problems are none of our business and if we think we have the right to know, then we are mistaken.

Well the point has been made that if he is prepared to portray himself as the perfect family man while selling us Nintendos..

then we have the right to question him when he behaves to the contrary.. I'm only surprised he hasnt blamed the DS Lite for his affair, he's blamed everything else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ronan on the Nintendo DS.......

mario-1up.gif

• Advertisement

Ronan Keating is a talentless moppet who's entire career is down to the fact that he is ubiquitous in the red top papers every day

I wouldnt go that far... He is an okay singer, but he should have been coached out of his stupid singing mannerisms when he first joined Boyzone... He also suffers a bit from Brian McFadden syndrome (expecting grammy awards when you really have done nothing but be in a boyband).... Like I said already Ro seems like a nice enough chap, but he needs to come out and put his hands up on this one.. blaming the media, or avoiding the issue completely does him no favours..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Poor Tubbidy, the press are really going to town on him over his LLS shambles, Twitter has turned on him, we all know how he feels about boards.

He will be reduced to posting on teletext by the time this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Poly wrote: »
    He will be reduced to posting on teletext by the time this is over.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

So did he read out or make any mention of the headlines about himself today?

I didn't bother tuning in. I miss Dave already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

He glossed it over again id say he was cringing in his seat the DLB
    he said there is more important things to talk about but if you feel the need to talk about it lets do it.

GUESS WHAT NOT ONE PHONECALL ABOUT IT WAS ON THE SHOW

WHY?

CAUSE RTE ARE CHICKENGATES JUST LIKE TUBRIDY

So all the papers need to keep hammering until the DLB speaks up.

Having said that ronan was on the strawberry alarm clock this morning and nothing said you could tell that jim jim wanted to get it out of him and ronan painted a great picture of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

The man will have a fake break down on air,babbling on about g ryan etc.
    saying he is only trying his best blah blah blubberblubber..tears on the desk..

and the oooirish nation will wrap their idootic arms around him and make him more ppular than terry wogan..

Just watch.

He was back to his full Partridge self this morning annoying Emma and us with Celine Dion teasers. As somebody posted earlier in this thread he reminds me of a 13 year old who is a dork and trys to be "cool" in order to impress the girls but is falling flat on his face. I get the impression Emma is laughing at him not with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭edwinkane

miketv wrote: »
    He was back to his full Partridge self this morning annoying Emma and us with Celine Dion teasers. As somebody posted earlier in this thread he reminds me of a 13 year old who is a dork and trys to be "cool" in order to impress the girls but is falling flat on his face. I get the impression Emma is laughing at him not with him.

It's interesting that you appear not to like his show, yet continue to listen to the show. Does that not strike you as a little unusual? Do you listen for the purpose that you can then complain about it, or for other reasons?

edwinkane wrote: »
    It's interesting that you appear not to like his show, yet continue to listen to the show. Does that not strike you as a little unusual? Do you listen for the purpose that you can then complain about it, or for other reasons?
    If your a fan of Alan Partridge, Tubridy's show is priceless.

As Ive mentioned before I used to listen every morning to Gerry Ryan read out the papers for the first half hour, sometimes I would lisen on, sometimes not. That was one consistent tradmark on 2fm between 9-9:20 am. If you read back through the thread there does not seem to be another programme that covers the papers fully at this time (not headline,song,headline, song etc). If you know another station or programme please tell us and I'm not alone here.

• Advertisement

If your a fan of Alan Partridge, Tubridy's show is priceless.

I am a fan of Steve Coogan, but a little of Alan Partridge goes a long way.

As Ive mentioned before I used to listen every morning to Gerry Ryan read out the papers for the first half hour, sometimes I would lisen on, sometimes not. That was one consistent tradmark on 2fm between 9-9:20 am. If you read back through the thread there does not seem to be another programme that covers the papers fully at this time (not headline,song,headline, song etc). If you know another station or programme please tell us and I'm not alone here.

Curiously, the one thing I detested about Gerry Ryan was his speaking for 20 minutes or so first thing, hardly without drawing breath, potificating about the papers. However, I often found myself flicking around stations hearing something interesting later in the show. I can't say the same for Tu-bridie and can't say I've ever stopped when flicking through channels in the car.

What i don't understand is why apparently so many people in this thread seem to listen to the program, and then complain about how awful it is. there are literally hundreds of station to listen to, and that they choose to listen to the one they say they don't like is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What i don't understand is why apparently so many people in this thread seem to listen to the program, and then complain about how awful it is. there are literally hundreds of station to listen to, and that they choose to listen to the one they say they don't like is unusual.
    It's the question that occupies the mind of sane posters on this forum. The largest contributors to this thread are those which engage in blind hatred of Mr Tubridy. It's a hard one to square off.

Aidric wrote: »
    It's the question that occupies the mind of sane posters on this forum. The largest contributors to this thread are those which engage in blind hatred of Mr Tubridy. It's a hard one to square off.

The only logical conclusion is either that they actually like the show, but pretend to dislike it, or else they get such pleasure from saying how much they dislike it, and poking fun at it, that their love of saying how much they dislike it makes it worthwhile to listen to it.

A mystery.

Curiously, the one thing I detested about Gerry Ryan was his speaking for 20 minutes or so first thing, hardly without drawing breath, potificating about the papers. However, I often found myself flicking around stations hearing something interesting later in the show. I can't say the same for Tu-bridie and can't say I've ever stopped when flicking through channels in the car.

I rarely listen....but i love the banter on this thread.

What i don't understand is why apparently so many people in this thread seem to listen to the program, and then complain about how awful it is.
    This is true but I think at a guess most of the comment here happens about the first half hour of the show. I gave my reasons, others like the Partridge factor and yes this thrend is also amusing to read. I guessing second to the liveline megga thread except this thread is not about callers being silly just the presenter.

The only logical conclusion is either that they actually like the show, but pretend to dislike it, or else they get such pleasure from saying how much they dislike it, and poking fun at it, that their love of saying how much they dislike it makes it worthwhile to listen to it.

A mystery.
    so i can gather from the answers to your question is that the show could well be entertaining, just not in the conventional manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Some people are forced to listen to it. Work, coffee shop, doctors surgery... you get my drift. I did happen to hear Pat Kenny yesterday on a radio in a doctors surgery that ALWAYS had G Ryan on it.

I liked G Ryan, hate the new show so i choose not to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

... If you know another station or programme please tell us and I'm not alone here.
    Out of curiosity, have you contact any other station to point this out to them as a possible way to get a bigger audience? Or have you contacted 2FM to point out that this is making them lose you as a listener? While they may not care about a single person contacting them they're bound to take notice if its something they keep hearing.

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have you contact any other station to point this out to them as a possible way to get a bigger audience? Or have you contacted 2FM to point out that this is making them lose you as a listener? While they may not care about a single person contacting them they're bound to take notice if its something they keep hearing.
    No not as yet, I suppose I'm still hoping it will improve. Tubridy now and again has done good job, actually very rarely and usually with a helper to go through the papers or (just an opinion) he gets a wrap on the knuckles and told just read the papers and stop yer messing from the boss. One week in particular before xmas there was a massive change and again after the JNLR figures came out, both of these instances only lasted a few days then back to his old ways.
    Dave Fanning was on last week and it flowed when reading out the papers. Its a drip drip with Tubridy.
    I'd rather if they scrapped the papers all together or he read them properly. Its the inbetween thats getting annoying but I'm hoping it will improve.

Advertisement