Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just thinking about it.. why did they send John Murray to New York and not Golden Boy.. I mean Golden Boy is the one that wants to be John F Kennedy and loves all things American.. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

RTE thought ye would miss him too much,anyway ryan is the main anchor of irish radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ryan is the main anchor of irish radio!

Depressing when you see that in print in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

RTE thought ye would miss him too much,anyway ryan is the main anchor of irish radio!

the anchor man of depression

I agree that he belongs at the bottom of the ocean..

• Advertisement

a sigh of relieve to hear Dave is he here for the week?

Seems like he is away for a few days Jim..

tubridytwitter_3.jpg

I suppose nobody could feel well having kissed so many arses on Friday night.. I was feeling a bit ill myself watching him fawning all over people...

I think RTE really need to reassess Tubridy and what exactly they are getting for their money.. Fire Tubridy, and save the money.. "In these economic times, isnt that what we really need right now" .. to quote the man himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Is this rhyming slang ???????

Seems like he is away for a few days Jim..

tubridytwitter_3.jpg

I suppose nobody could feel well having kissed so many arses on Friday night.. I was feeling a bit ill myself watching him fawning all over people...

I think RTE really need to reassess Tubridy and what exactly they are getting for their money.. Fire Tubridy, and save the money.. "In these economic times, isnt that what we really need right now" .. to quote the man himself..

im sure we will see him on twitter or some other show somewhere the man cant resist himself,he gets a lot of days off the DLB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Bring Fanning in to replace Tubridy full-time I say. He's so much better it's not even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Bring Fanning in to replace Tubridy full-time I say. He's so much better it's not even funny.

Agreed. Fanning often annoys me but there is no question he is leagues ahead of Tubs. He's very knowledgeable on most subjects and can speak with ease and naturally to callers. Tubs only harps on about his own select few interests and is awkward speaking to people in general.

Also the quality of music Fanning plays is streets ahead of much of the drivel Tubs inflicts on listeners.

dave fanning to replace tubridy, yes i agree maybe i will start a poll and get some feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

jimmynokia wrote: »
    dave fanning to replace tubridy, yes i agree maybe i will start a poll and get some feedback
    Could you do an option also..
    "Anybody but Tubridy"
    I think Dave is doing a fantastic job but I also love his evening radio show, hate to see that go.

Its been a blast indeed Dave,
    He did a great Job this week, sorry to see him go.

Why oh why is the review of the papers (which is predominantly political, especially this year) on 2FM, when Radio One covers all the rest of the political stuff ... it just doesnt make sense.. They should have moved the review of the papers to Radio One when Gerry Ryan died...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why oh why is the review of the papers (which is predominantly political, especially this year) on 2FM, when Radio One covers all the rest of the political stuff ... it just doesnt make sense.. They should have moved the review of the papers to Radio One when Gerry Ryan died...
    Do they not do the papers on morning Ireland ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Do they not do the papers on morning Ireland ?

They do but,
    It is after 8am and their take is more serious, as in they more or less read out headlines with out opinion (I'm rarely up at that stage to hear it so please corrrect me if wrong).
    Ray D'Arcy does read the some headlines quickly then straingt into a song, contines to read a bit more, ad break, song quizz etc so not really consistent.
    Gerry Ryan did a mix of the above, its something that Tubridy can't seem to do.

Sorry for the repost of this mods (I have it on the TV forum as well) but I'd reckon Tubridy wont be able to avoid responding to this on Monday...

paulmartintwitter.jpg

tubridy

YOUR FIRED

or will we see another week of

RTE wake the FCUK up and loose tubridy

TubridyTweets Ryan Tubridy
    Meant Ken Burns' The American Civil War on DVD. Also, think it's time to visit Graceland...
    43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Many thanks for excellent US Civil War reading suggestions. I'll go with the John Keegan book and Ken Bryce documentary. #preObamahomework
    43 minutes ago

As you were so helpful on Famine memorials, any thoughts on the definitive history of the American Civil War?
    2 hours ago

• Advertisement

Tubridy spoke briefly about the scandal regarding the cowardly interview with Ronan Keating ... what he would be calling ChickenGate if it wasnt about him ....

Couples of points on this.
    1. Tubridy was using his "hiding behind the child" argument again.. But if it was not appropriate to ask Keating about his affair because of his children having to go to school on Monday.. should he then not have insinuated that Brian Cowan had a drinking problem, because of the adverse affect it would have had on his kids..
    2. The argument that Brian Cowan was fair game because he was a politician, but Ronan isnt because he is a pop star is rubbish... Ronan uses his own family, who appear akin to the Brady Bunch, in the Nintendo ad... Asking the question WAS fair game.. If he is willing to portray himself as number one dad while selling us stuff, then there should be no issue with questioning him about his extramarital antics..
    3. " I could have asked him the same question a thousand times and I would have got the same answer.. cos he had his little thing to say and on you go"... As last refuge, he tries to blame Keating for not answering the question.. Tubridy had a perfect IN, when Keating mentioned his new house, and he did not pick up on it..

And just let me clarify, I dont think Ronan is a bad lad.. But he should have come clean if he expects people to forget it and move on.. It's gonna just hang over him now..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ronan Keating is on the lowest rung of the musical ladder and always has been. The people who buy his music and fund his nothing lifestyle are not music fans. He is not a musician he's a karoke singer. Burt Bacharach saw a market not a musician. The evidence was provided in abundance on the late late show during that limp wristed performance. It was a blatent Elton john karoke impression of a bacharach song. On listening to that, do you honestly think Bacharach thought to himself "mmmmm you know whom I would really like to call and record an album with? Ronan Keating.." There are far more deserved musical acts that our national station should be supporting. Bands and musicians that have sacrificed their lives to music.

Ryan Tubridy how is it different insinuating on live TV that Brian Cowen was an alcoholic while his family were watching, yet you say Ronan should be given an easy time for the same reason??? Considering he uses his family image for financial gain. Although it did amuse me watching the DLB's eye brows flicker like a humming bird while asked Ronan the question!

btw did RTE insinuate this was going to be a tell all interview? THe Evening Herold definitely advertised it so.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/he-didnt-deserve-a-grilling-ryan-tubridy-defends-ronan-keating-interview-2011-03/
    If Cowen was fair game being a politician, how come Bertie got such an easy ride?

"Live by the Twitter, die by the Twitter"

You'll learn yet Tubby old bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

Heard the tubbers mealy mouthed excuse about the bleating interview.

AAAHH the poor guy just felt sorry for a man who didnt want to talk about the adultry and stuff..now can we move on.

sure isnt bleating great tubbers...just great.

pass the salt there tubbers.

i just want to ask you one question..

WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUUUUU???

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

and you just gotta love that last line there tubbers..:D:D

RYAN TUBRIDY has defended his controversial interview with Ronan Keating telling his viewers that the love cheat did not deserve a grilling.
    Today, Tubridy (37) is now acting as the ‘beacon of discretion’ at the State broadcaster, dictating just exactly who should be subjected to an in-depth interview on his show.
    And in another twist, Keating (34) revealed the two had agreed, in a shocking pre-show pact, what exactly they would discuss.

Remember the mauling Tubridy gave the three young priests in the last series over the abuse allegations.
    Different rules when it comes to the luvvies it seems.
    Making it up as he goes along that lad.

Boyzone singer Ronan let the cat out of the bag and admitted that the content of the interview was set up beforehand, with his “friend” Tubridy.

IN OTHER WORDS RONAN YOU FCUKING WIMP

Tubridy said that “trial by Twitter is not the answer to proper journalism”,

THE DLB NEVER GETS OFF IT

TUBRIDY HAS TO GO FULL STOP

• Advertisement

This story is not showing any signs of letting up... Especially after Ronan's admission today...

IrishSun28thMarch2011.jpg

This is the frontpage of the Irish Sun from tomorrow, (just shown on Vincent Browne)... He wont be able to avoid this tomorrow.

Advertisement