Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

And now i've just beaten Ash..
    coming up on you Bard!
    Thanks for the info Aidric
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

listen to the show for 5 mins tomor and you will overtake him LOL

can only imagine what number one will think when he sees he is on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Where does it state that whom has the most posts in a thread hates something can you give us a chart for that if you can it would be lovely.
    Could you use punctuation? I might be able to understand what you're asking.

No that is just denial pal admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jimmynokia wrote: »
    No that is just denial pal admit it.
    Denial of what? Those who post repeated abuse of Tubridy also happen to be the biggest contributors to the thread. The only reason Bard is on the list is because of warnings re same, I would venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Aidric wrote: »
    A perusal of the top contributors to this thread throws up the following. The biggest haters are the biggest contributors. Pathetic stuff. Keep it up lads.

avreap.png

Glad to see I'm in the top 3, Cmon Ash & Telekon, pick up the pace there.

Aidric, I think you'll find the same names appear throughout the radio forum, we don't hate everything, if you go into the Moncrieff thread for example, you'll find generally positive views on his show.

@ Aidric,And your point is? Are you here to give us statistical charts or post something about tubridy,otherwise i call it trolling,or your just tryin to push me up to number one of your beautiful chart LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poly wrote: »
    avreap.png
    Glad to see I'm in the top 3, Cmon Ash & Telekon, pick up the pace there.

Jesus :eek: .. I've been carrying the lot of ye ... *rings the union*

Aidric, can you draw us up a pie chart of who got the most warnings from Bard.. I reckon JimmyNokia would have about 90% of that.. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Tubridy off to the BBC (again) (apparently) according to the papers.
    Good luck and close the door after ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

!!! Just saw Examiner headline on Vin Browne show - Tubs to cover for Beeb's Jonathan Ross. Tmw's papers segment on Tubs' show should be hilarious...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Apparently the BBC now want Tubridy *facepalm*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Christ lads, just don't listen to him if he bothers ye that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

I have to say i read his tweets when i'm bored...but not for any intellectual value, more for the thrill of watching someone die online..
    Why does it matter if he is increasing his followers on twitter?
    Everything he writes on twitter is linked to his radio show. Last week during Prince Albert's visit he was trying to promote Newport, Co.Mayo as a tourist destination. He is trying to encourage other towns to promote themselves, have festivals and create niche markets in tourism. His twitter account and radio show are being used as a marketing tool for local tourist boards. I know many people on here might find it hard to understand but he is actually trying to be positive and get the economy up and moving.

Just say he mentioned obama on twitter , if an american typed obama + twitter into an internet search engine, he/she might click on Tubridytweets and read a tweet where Ryan is promoting a local festival in Ireland. The world is so small these days and there are so many opportunities out there for promoting our country in a positive way that it cannot be discounted. If that American decided to come to Ireland on the back of that tweet then Ryan is helping to create jobs in the country and helping to stop young people from having to emigrate. Also, by increasing the viewing figures on the LLS he is creating more jobs in the advertising industry. In the past people were watching the BBC or Channel 4, now all that extra revenue is being poured into creating adverts to satisfy the extra demand for companies eager to advertise on the LLS.

I feel that Ryan doesn't get enough praise for his work in these arenas. For instance, on the same night as the Keating contrivance, he was working away to promote the Irish fashion industry. Alot of people missed it but he said the following monday "I told Amy Hubermann to wear a guna by an Irish designer at the royal wedding". He was very disappointed when reading the papers on tuesday when he saw that Amy wouldn't be attending, as he knew that the chance to showcase an Irish designer on the world stage was gone. How many other radio and tv presenters in Ireland care enough to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Funny how it coincides with dreadful press coverage recently,falling ratings,, and a FG government.
    Is this a push?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This story might be nonsense

Ross left BBC radio a year ago and Tubridy was asked to present for 12 weeks until a replacement was found (Widely reported in 2010)

I'd wager The Examiner have found a year old story and got the wrong end of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Just after reading the news that Ryan is set for the BBC.

Telekon this was your reply to me when i warned people last December that the BBC were trying to net Ryan. Bet you feel a bit silly now. I also warned people that we could lose Ryan if we kept barracking him, but people ignored that as well.
    telekon wrote: »
    Yea, thought everyone knew that. Contract negotiations are harrowing times. :(

I cant believe his spin doctors got someone gullible enough to swallow it though. How embarrassing...

ghiertal wrote: »
    I also warned people that we could lose Ryan if we kept barracking him, but people ignored that as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "warned people".. You're not Donald Pleasance and this is NOT Halloween... :D... It would be GREAT NEWS if he was gone. This would be an easy way to get rid of a HUGE liability on the state... They could give the slot to Colm Hayes, and not bother replacing Tubridy or his wages..

Unfortunately, he's only going while the Late Late Show is on Summer break by the look of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ghiertal wrote: »
    Just after reading the news that Ryan is set for the BBC.

Telekon this was your reply to me when i warned people last December that the BBC were trying to net Ryan. Bet you feel a bit silly now. I also warned people that we could lose Ryan if we kept barracking him, but people ignored that as well.

G'way outta that! Tubridys going nowhere. Slow news day, thats all. If he presents anything on the bbc, i will eat my virtual online hat...

Anyway I reckon the bbc would be strong advocates of using talent spotters in their endeavours. So move along...nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

telekon wrote: »
    G'way outta that! Tubridys going nowhere. Slow news day, thats all. If he presents anything on the bbc, i will eat my virtual online hat...

Anyway I reckon the bbc would be strong advocates of using talent spotters in their endeavours. So move along...nothing to see here.

He could be the next Terry Wogan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I find it very hard to believe, but here's the story anyway....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/beeb-recruits-tubridy-151457.html

Rubik. wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe, but here's the story anyway....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/beeb-recruits-tubridy-151457.html

I will believe it when I see it. A few screen tests and the BBC will change their tune.

Maybe they should be directed to his interviews with Ronan Keating, Take That, Juliet Binoche, Gordan Ramsey, rhys ifans, biffo and willie o'dea to name a few.

Aidric wrote: »
    A perusal of the top contributors to this thread throws up the following. The biggest haters are the biggest contributors. Pathetic stuff. Keep it up lads.

avreap.png

I'm pretty sure I'm in the top ten of most of the larger radio threads. Mostly ones I like which I'm sure may shock you!

But thanks for the info, I am now determined to knock Poly off the No.3 spot. I have to be realistic here, Jimmy will run away with the No.1 spot in a matter of weeks and will stay there until Tubridy retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Will he mention the good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

"It's just talk!!!!"
    Damn you, Examiner. Damn you for raising my hopes like that...

He said it was just talk (so i was doubtful) till he said it was "Real Talk" and then I got excited again!

"It's talk, SERIOUS talk, but just talk at the moment"... :mad::mad::mad:
    I bet the BBC are checking out whether putting Tubridy on air would leave them open to litigation from Steve Coogan...

Brilliant advice there for a pregnant woman who cant give up smoking there.. "Go to Google, and search for 'baby'... then you'll stop smoking"... Genius.

I bet the BBC are checking out whether putting Tubridy on air would leave them open to litigation from Steve Coogan...
    LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Brilliant advice there for a pregnant woman who cant give up smoking there.. "Go to Google, and search for 'baby'... then you'll stop smoking"... Genius.

First result...... Justin Beiber.
    *Smokes more*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

DLB is going nowhere. No doubt his contract is up for renewal or he's nearing a break clause. It's standard industry practice to be "in talks" with competitors.

The BBC do not want Tubridy. If they did, it would have been leaked to Broadcast, DigitalSpy etc ages ago to gauge reactions. As it stands, all the 'leaks' are Irish. Noel Kelly is a busy man.

Advertisement