Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

many refs to obama,books and madmen nothin is changing

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

jimmynokia wrote: »
    gherital wrote

Ryan has almost 40,000 followers on twitter

@TubridyTweets view full profile →
    Dublin, Ireland
    Presiding over events every morning, 9-11am on RTE 2FM and The Late Late Show, Friday nights on RTE television. What I Tweet is me, not the office. Welcome.
    3,807Tweets
    44Following
    36,897Followers
    416Listed

a few thousand short there bud:D
    • Name Ryan Tubridy
    • Location Dublin, Ireland
    • Bio Presiding over events every morning, 9-11am on RTE 2FM and The Late Late Show, Friday nights on RTE television. What I Tweet is me, not the office. Welcome.
    41 Following 42,699 Followers 422 Listed

Not so funny now is it? He is adding 1000 followers per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ghiertal wrote: »

A certain Austrian painter did the same at one time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Really? His radio show lost 1,750 followers per week over the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

• Name Ryan Tubridy
    • Bio Presiding over events every morning, 9-11am on RTE 2FM and The Late Late Show, Friday nights on RTE television. What I Tweet is me, not the office. Welcome.

He may have had 40k once, but I'd say he has half of twitter blocked at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Name Ryan Tubridy

I have to say i read his tweets when i'm bored...but not for any intellectual value, more for the thrill of watching someone die online..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I'm no expert on twitter, but isn't 41 an extraordinary low number to be following for somebody who has 42,699 followers. Kind of indicative of somebody with a very narrow range of interests and very little interest in what others have to say - a bit like his radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I'm not 100% up on twitter, I understand followers but whats the difference between following and followers?

i joined twitter to follow tubs for homework for here
    following is the people you follow which in tubs case is 41 WOOOOOW for a twitter addict he should be the reverse end the follower

and for the number one tubridy fan ghiertal the reason people are following him is to check out when he fcuks up next just like i do so the 42 thousand thats there are not real tubridy fans at all imo
    so you can take 40,000 of that plus the loss of listerns per week he is actually a nobody come to think of it.

ITS NOT SO FUNNY NOW IS IT MR TUBRIDYS NUMBER ONE FAN HA HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

following is the people you follow which in tubs case is 41 WOOOOOW for a twitter addict he should be the reverse end the follower
    Ah cheers Jimmy, have it now

• Advertisement

your welcome.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I listen to the podcasts from time to time. He did some good interviews in the past two weeks and I thought a lot of the criticism here is very personal and very unfair, but sadly it's true. He has a few pet obsessions like JFK and he just brings everything back to JFK. But I'm not gonna bother getting upset. I'll just sigh and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

marty1985 wrote: »
    .....I thought a lot of the criticism here is very personal and very unfair, but sadly it's true. He has a few pet obsessions like JFK and he just brings everything back to JFK. But I'm not gonna bother getting upset. I'll just sigh and move on.

lol.. why dont you just join the rest of us and give out about him every day.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Stupid annoying voice, torments the poor newsreader who is clearly not a bit interested in his shíte. Non stop about american things, JFúckingK, Mad Men, Twitter, jelly beans, Willy Wonka, Clinton, Obama
    Absolutely unbearable, but I cant turn it off because it's so bad, I'm afraid I might miss something.
    It's sooooooo bad, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭serfboard

I'm amused at the number of people on here who are so masochistic they'll listen to Tubridy just to be bored/sickened etc. I have a simple solution -

DON'T LISTEN

That's what I do. And since his blatant Fianna Failism came into the Late Late Show I don't watch him either.

And my life is far better for it :)

9-11 (or whenever he's on) I listen to Radio 1/Local Radio/BBC. Not Ray D'Arcy or Tom Dunne - don't like them either.

Mind you, I do keep an eye on this thread from time to time to see what the masochists are saying about him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

serfboard wrote: »
    I'm amused at the number of people on here who are so masochistic they'll listen to Tubridy just to be bored/sickened etc. I have a simple solution -

DON'T LISTEN

That's what I do. And since his blatant Fianna Failism came into the Late Late Show I don't watch him either.

And my life is far better for it :)

9-11 (or whenever he's on) I listen to Radio 1/Local Radio/BBC. Not Ray D'Arcy or Tom Dunne - don't like them either.

Mind you, I do keep an eye on this thread from time to time to see what the masochists are saying about him :p
    but people who listen do not want a solution!

yeah you do have a point though....the case that tubs is an inadequate host has been proven now beyond all doubt....time to let the ratings reflect this....

Again today it was obama this obama that obama the other
    followed by books and somebody else having an illness.
    Now where have i heard all this before:mad:

• Name Ryan Tubridy

Shoud tubridy be axed from radio 25 11.63%
    Should tubridy be axed from tv 74 34.42%
    Should tubridy be axed from both radio and tv 125 58.14%
    Should he be given some more time 36 16.74%

thats what i call the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Shoud tubridy be axed from radio 25 11.63%
    Should tubridy be axed from tv 74 34.42%
    Should tubridy be axed from both radio and tv 125 58.14%
    Should he be given some more time 36 16.74%

thats what i call the truth

Where are these figures coming from???

Bard wrote: »

here
    not off topic either

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056222186

• Advertisement

I think it's from another Boards poll.

To be fair, if boards.ie were to be taken as a valid sub-section of Irish society the results would be rather skewed - you could say that the majority of Ireland are atheist by using Boards as a source.

To be fair, if boards.ie were to be taken as a valid sub-section of Irish society the results would be rather skewed

how does that work out?
    it gives good indication, both polls actually.

Yes but you're still only using a certain section of society, namely internet users.

This is what I was referring to - a large portion of this site claimed they were atheist on their census form but I can guarantee you that Roman Catholic is still the dominant religion on most census forms out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

how does that work out?
    it gives good indication, both polls actually.

Because the membership of boards.ie ISN'T a valid and properly representative reflection of Irish society as a whole.

Also, the poll you're referring to is multiple choice, allowing people to choose more than one answer - even if they conflict with each other.

Polls on the Internet, in general, aren't worth the paper they're (not) written on.

Because the membership of boards.ie ISN'T a valid and properly representative reflection of Irish society as a whole.

Also, the poll you're referring to is multiple choice, allowing people to choose more than one answer - even if they conflict with each other.

Polls on the Internet, in general, aren't worth the paper they're (not) written on.

So why allow them if that is the case? Multiple choice options make it fair dont you think it does not swing ones choice in ones favour by giving multiple choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

So why allow them if that is the case? Multiple choice options make it fair dont you think it does not swing ones choice in ones favour by giving multiple choice.

Lets call a spade a spade jim...you fcuked up that poll.

dont think so look at the result

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A perusal of the top contributors to this thread throws up the following. The biggest haters are the biggest contributors. Pathetic stuff. Keep it up lads.

avreap.png

im in second place thanks for that info keep it up

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    A perusal of the top contributors to this thread throws up the following. The biggest haters are the biggest contributors. Pathetic stuff. Keep it up lads.

avreap.png

Where does it state that whom has the most posts in a thread hates something can you give us a chart for that if you can it would be lovely.

Advertisement