Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I've a funeral mass to go to this evening an then possibly go for a pint afterwards, then I will be on tonight, might use the AkimboOldSpice acc while I have a drink on me an just mess about for the crack..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Tallon wrote: »
    I'm not too fond of playing with others anymore, I'd much rather be on my own

Godspeed

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I love MW2, blops is shít!

It doesn't take a 'better' player to play either, I just have more fun on MW2

Blops is not quick paced enough!

Should probably be in the OT thread and not here?

The vast majority of posts should be in the OT so! I'm not going over this again with you as last time was head off wall stuff tbh.

And, nah, BOPS in the main is about gun on gun. MW2 is about camping for precious killstreaks and letting them do all the work! Which leans more towards better players? Some scrub can sit back, aim at a flag or bomb site all game with OMA, danger close and noob tubes and will top score. You play on you're own, the game will be that bit slower for you. Playing in a group makes forces the issue to be that bit quicker.

You say you don't like being noob tubed? But yet there's a VERY high % of noob tubes in MW2. Illogical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Godspeed

Yeah, thanks...
    The vast majority of posts should be in the OT so! I'm not going over this again with you as last time was head off wall stuff tbh.

And, nah, BOPS in the main is about gun on gun. MW2 is about camping for precious killstreaks and letting them do all the work! Which leans more towards better players? Some scrub can sit back, aim at a flag or bomb site all game with OMA, danger close and noob tubes and will top score. You play on you're own, the game will be that bit slower for you. Playing in a group makes forces the issue to be that bit quicker.

You say you don't like being noob tubed? But yet there's a VERY high % of noob tubes in MW2. Illogical.

wtf are you on about?

You're looking for something to argue about now.

I seriously don't understand you sometimes Ade

Yeah, thanks...

I only said that because I cannot play solo anymore on Blops or MW2.
    I've gone all soft.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,930 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MW2 > BOPS?

GTFO! Absolutely beyond delusional. Been biting my tongue since I bought this again, there's a ****ing hole in my tongue from all the biting! Ooooh but MW2 looks pretty. The sound of BOPS is **** waah. BOPS is boring blah blah blah blah. MW2 is ****ing rotten to the core. Are MW2 players that ****ing blind and delusional that they're not able to comprehend this!? Why would anyone want to put themselves through that is beyond me.

People prefer MW2 because they can do better on this ****ing piece of **** game than in BLOPS, they can quickscope, they can spawn trap easily with their killstreaks and call in their precious ****ing noooke. No bloodyother reason other than that. I've seen the difference in players playing MW2 and BOPS and the difference is outstanding. Yeah, I've been playing ****, ****ing **** actually and have been outscored by these players in MW2, there's not a hope of that happening in COD2, 3, 4, BOPS and I imagine WaW too. Idiots. Don't like it. Report me and I'll take a ban from here, one of my fellow mods can see to that. These arseholes will hate MW3 more than likely if it goes back to COD4, they'd find the latter boring no doubt! Oh and my arse people gave Black Ops a chance, my ****ing dark arse!

Oh and I can understand us playing Ground War even though it's always scraping for kills which is tedious. But SnD! I gave up that game type because of MW2. But all we seem to do is play it! Then get tubed out of it. I'll give it to the end of the week but I'm thinking of already getting my money back. COD in general can be stressful. MW2 is in a different stratosphere when it comes to stress. Why should I have a 1 in 10 chance of finding a somewhat decent lobby!

I'll offend some people undoubtedly, but I couldn't give a flying fook tbh right now. Again, mods if this reported. See fit to ban me.

oh my brother testify

wtf are you on about?

You're looking for something to argue about now.

I seriously don't understand you sometimes Ade

Lol, far from it. I was very content and happy infact after post-rant. You know that. Afterall, you follow me on Twitter and vice a versa where I said as much, as well as above in this thread. Not my fault you took it to heart and assumed I aimed this at you entirely.

Feeling is quite mutual at times tbh Tallon.

I'll get off the never ending carousel now. I just wanted to rant like others have done. Nowt more.

Headshot wrote: »
    oh my brother testify

l_1874514e580d4c5f8ef24cf78250823f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Can we all not just get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

MW2 > BOPS?

GTFO! Absolutely beyond delusional. Been biting my tongue since I bought this again, there's a ****ing hole in my tongue from all the biting! Ooooh but MW2 looks pretty. The sound of BOPS is **** waah. BOPS is boring blah blah blah blah. MW2 is ****ing rotten to the core. Are MW2 players that ****ing blind and delusional that they're not able to comprehend this!? Why would anyone want to put themselves through that is beyond me.

People prefer MW2 because they can do better on this ****ing piece of **** game than in BLOPS, they can quickscope, they can spawn trap easily with their killstreaks and call in their precious ****ing noooke. No bloodyother reason other than that. I've seen the difference in players playing MW2 and BOPS and the difference is outstanding. Yeah, I've been playing ****, ****ing **** actually and have been outscored by these players in MW2, there's not a hope of that happening in COD2, 3, 4, BOPS and I imagine WaW too. Idiots. Don't like it. Report me and I'll take a ban from here, one of my fellow mods can see to that. These arseholes will hate MW3 more than likely if it goes back to COD4, they'd find the latter boring no doubt! Oh and my arse people gave Black Ops a chance, my ****ing dark arse!

Oh and I can understand us playing Ground War even though it's always scraping for kills which is tedious. But SnD! I gave up that game type because of MW2. But all we seem to do is play it! Then get tubed out of it. I'll give it to the end of the week but I'm thinking of already getting my money back. COD in general can be stressful. MW2 is in a different stratosphere when it comes to stress. Why should I have a 1 in 10 chance of finding a somewhat decent lobby!

I'll offend some people undoubtedly, but I couldn't give a flying fook tbh right now. Again, mods if this reported. See fit to ban me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'll get off the never ending carousel now. I just wanted to rant like others have done. Nowt more.

The difference is some people rant about a game based on the merits of the game and whether they enjoy it or not, whereas your rant seems to subtly belittle people based on their enjoyment of one game over another. It comes across as extremely holier than thou. I don't mean to offend you in anyway, but there's a huge air of arrogance in almost everything that you post, and it's only helped on by the fact that a lot of people on this forum seem to think you're god.

Anyway, as I said, I don't mean to offend, just calling it as I see it.

Kersmash wrote: »
    The difference is some people rant about a game based on the merits of the game and whether they enjoy it or not, whereas your rant seems to subtly belittle people based on their enjoyment of one game over another. It comes across as extremely holier than thou. I don't mean to offend you in anyway, but there's a huge air of arrogance in almost everything that you post, and it's only helped on by the fact that a lot of people on this forum seem to think you're god.

Ya Lee and Kells ye lick arses :p

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I went on mw2 for a bit last week. Never playin it again. Too much bs. Blops is only as slow paced as you make it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ive only been pissed off a few times the last week or so playing MW2, that RPG fag we ran into the other day and then once playing on my own. Its probably because i consistantly do well and usually top the boards in either game most of the time (Unless im sniping obviously). MW2 can take a bit of getting used to tbh, kells was kicking my arse the first day or so !!

I would agree with some of what ade said tho (Although i wouldn't have been so harsh about it :s), blops is definitately a more skill based game... and i find myself in far more gunfights in blops than mw2.. i think the reason some people find it a slower game is because it IS a slower game if you play defensively.. why ? Killstreaks. All you need is 5 kills in MW2 and you can potentially end up with another 20-30 without having to use your gun again. Which is something I personally am glad they are getting rid of. I wouldn't dismiss someone who does well consistantly at MW2 tho, because it is a different game and unless you can prove that its easy mode by doing it yourself then i'd just put up or shut up.

Sniping is good fun tho, thats for sure... although blops sniping is probably more satisfying tbh. Im hoping for a mix of the best of both and weaker KS's for MW3.

NOMNOMNOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Hardly lol

Kersmash wrote: »

Ah **** I'll respond here too. Since it was you're wish to call me out.

If you had any decency like you try to put on you'd come offend me via PM or on here and instead of attacking me on a personal level, surely? But anyway. You're opinion was already tainted long ago when I mocked Youtubers and their obsession with making it big back when I first joined Twitter. I was told how deeply offended you were plus you're replies told as much. As for thinking im god, listen to yourself will ya. It's quite clear who you associate yourself with here and who's defence you're coming too. Is he god? Wanna be truthful. should have banned you for you're small time mocking off those with Down Syndrome a while back, something i damn well care about and something more meaningful than pathetic Youtube stardom.

Magill wrote: »
    Ive only been pissed off a few times the last week or so playing MW2, that RPG fag we ran into the other day and then once playing on my own. Its probably because i consistantly do well and usually top the boards in either game most of the time (Unless im sniping obviously). MW2 can take a bit of getting used to tbh, kells was kicking my arse the first day or so !!

I would agree with some of what ade said tho (Although i wouldn't have been so harsh about it :s), blops is definitately a more skill based game... and i find myself in far more gunfights in blops than mw2.. i think the reason some people find it a slower game is because it IS a slower game if you play defensively.. why ? Killstreaks. All you need is 5 kills in MW2 and you can potentially end up with another 20-30 without having to use your gun again. Which is something I personally am glad they are getting rid of. I wouldn't dismiss someone who does well consistantly at MW2 tho, because it is a different game and unless you can prove that its easy mode by doing it yourself then i'd just put up or shut up.

Sniping is good fun tho, thats for sure... although blops sniping is probably more satisfying tbh. Im hoping for a mix of the best of both and weaker KS's for MW3.

Yeah it was harsh but it was on my mind and as said, I've been biting my tongue for too long. Couple of PM's ages ago also telling me to STFU when it came to MW2 were added fuel. Those who don't like it, I said to report it to the other mods, it wasn't intended at anyone in particular. Some people took it upon themselves to be offended. Twitter was a warning of my post anywhoo.

I agree re: sniping. Still COD4 sniping was by far the best ;)

Ever try WaW sniping?For fun basically.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Hardly lol

oh Lee lol

From the OT thread
    Can I have that lock if hair you offered before just for entering?

Come on man ! At least make it difficult for me :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Ever try WaW sniping?For fun basically.

Nope.

Was talking to canning/flekatarn (sorry about miss-spelling) as he was on it last night. Said there was no hacked lobbies or nowt. Might pick that up now. You got it?

Yeah.As does Scoby(Beertons spelling)

Hmm. If I trade/return MW2 this week (looking very likely) I'll consider picking it up. I should have gone with BF2 on Saturday looking back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

balfie has it too some great maps on that game tbh and there isnt that much Mp40ers as there used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ah **** I'll respond here too. Since it was you're wish to call me out.

If you had any decency like you try to put on you'd come offend me via PM or on here and instead of attacking me on a personal level, surely? But anyway. You're opinion was already tainted long ago when I mocked Youtubers and their obsession with making it big back when I first joined Twitter. I was told how deeply offended you were plus you're replies told as much. As for thinking im god, listen to yourself will ya. It's quite clear who you associate yourself with here and who's defence you're coming too. Is he god? Wanna be truthful. should have banned you for you're small time mocking off those with Down Syndrome a while back, something i damn well care about and something more meaningful than pathetic Youtube stardom.
    Sometimes, you sound like your head is up your own arse. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it does.

You subtly troll here and laugh about it on your 'protected' twitter which is really not fair. Take the ALN x360 thread for example!

And don't try to belittle Kermsash with your 'youtube claims' and pathetic 'Youtube stardom'

You have your own channel, and you take great pride in uploading your own videos. In fact, when your account was deleted, you moaned about it, so obviously you do care as much as everyone else does.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinions Ade, but when you preach, rant and moan when people don't agree with you, and then try to turn it around on them, don't expect sympathy from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Hmm. If I trade/return MW2 this week (looking very likely) I'll consider picking it up. I should have gone with BF2 on Saturday looking back though.

definatly should have

im glad I subscribed to this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Soo ehhhhhh..... when is the next beers ??? We can have a big royal rumble pillow fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

God I hate drama especially over something like cod of all things. Everyone has their preference.

can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

• Advertisement

No!

We should all go out onto the Dublin streets and riot

Advertisement