Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

Really looking forward to this, I'm fairly critical of games(not as far as hating ''classic'' games like uncharted, god of war 3 etc... just never really class games as 10/10) but Fallout 3 is my favourite game by a long shot.

I could spend hours searching houses, boxes and love the whole buying and selling aspect. The thing is as well you never have enough caps as you constantly need to repair weapons etc... they got that part of the game nailed down, too often games have added that with no real incentive(red dead redemption being a prime one, hunting was a waste of time, there was nothing to buy bar 2/3 things)

And there was amazing bang for buck, spent nearly 100 hours on each of my two play thru's, serious value for money,

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Really looking forward to this, I'm fairly critical of games(not as far as hating ''classic'' games like uncharted, god of war 3 etc... just never really class games as 10/10) but Fallout 3 is my favourite game by a long shot.

I could spend hours searching houses, boxes and love the whole buying and selling aspect. The thing is as well you never have enough caps as you constantly need to repair weapons etc... they got that part of the game nailed down, too often games have added that with no real incentive(red dead redemption being a prime one, hunting was a waste of time, there was nothing to buy bar 2/3 things)

And there was amazing bang for buck, spent nearly 100 hours on each of my two play thru's, serious value for money,

Hours scavenging through everywhere to pick up tin can, milk bottle plate etc... just for a few caps to make repairs epic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

A list of some of the voice actors http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55690 Mathew Perry and Michael Dorn to name a few.

check out http://www.nma-fallout.com/ for all your fallout needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Ron Perlman and Kris Kristofferson being involved is pretty cool. Any word on the soundtrack yet? I loved the last games music, hope this has the same thought put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Any word on the soundtrack yet?

Sadly, it's not Mark Morgan :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

he probably ment its a cool thing to go in somewhere random and have a rummage through things, they have all sorts of things to find

i remember finding a crashed alien spacecraft, which had this plasma gun, 1 shot kills, melted anything it hit, only 50 ammo for it though

i played fallout 1, 2, tactics on the pc, best games i ever played, and fallout 3 on the ps3 was bloody brilliant

TheTosh wrote: »
    Hours scavenging through everywhere to pick up tin can, milk bottle plate etc... just for a few caps to make repairs epic
    BArra wrote: »
    he probably ment its a cool thing to go in somewhere random and have a rummage through things, they have all sorts of things to find

Exactly, there was so much to find and sell, and so many boxes and lockers to search, i used to spend hours searching buildings.
    Trying to see what you need more to avoid overloading your weight.
    As i said it's one of the few games that really rewards you for putting time into it, as caps serve a purpose for at least 50 hours of gameplay(still serve a small purpose after but you'd have enough stimpacks and a high enough repair skill to not rely on them as much near the end)

The only thing i found a bit worthless in 3 were the Meds.
    Apart from stimpacks, the Rad X and the other Radiation one, i didn't use most of the other ones and didn't find combat any harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fallout 3 honestly did not do a good job on any of the individual elements, but the sum of the whole was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm hoping the new gameplay elements will make up for the same game engine, preview images left me a bit unimpressed that no major graphical changes were made, but I guess on our gen of consoles limiting it (pc versions won't be a limiting factor obviously), and the nature of the open world engine, it is a good choice.

Looking forward to hardcore mode, needing food, water, sleep and different wound mechanics could add a lot of desperation survival play!

If you want hardcore mode now, give the FWE mod for Fallout 3 a shot, it adds some stuff from the hardcore mode.

Anyone else jumping straight into hardcore mode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

played it twice now and really not feeling it

no idea why coz i loved f3

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Will that whore be hardcore?

then no

OMG! Michael Dorn (I only know him for this role) will be back as Marcus from Fallout 2! We shall hear of The Chosen One!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Go play the original 2 Fallout games, like I shall be again today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Anyone else jumping straight into hardcore mode?

Definitely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really looking foward to this,recently finished fo3 and now must play the expansions :).

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

BArra wrote: »

i remember finding a crashed alien spacecraft, which had this plasma gun, 1 shot kills, melted anything it hit, only 50 ammo for it though

i played fallout 1, 2, tactics on the pc, best games i ever played, and fallout 3 on the ps3 was bloody brilliant

Sorry, just read back my comment there and it comes off a bit smart assed, I was agreeing with him and summing up my scavenging experience, so sorry if it caused any offence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

OMG! Michael Dorn (I only know him for this role) will be back as Marcus from Fallout 2! We shall hear of The Chosen One!

Holy sh*tsnacks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

The only thing i found a bit worthless in 3 were the Meds.
    Apart from stimpacks, the Rad X and the other Radiation one, i didn't use most of the other ones and didn't find combat any harder.

The only thing I ever used them for was caps, I dident bother ever using them. Just traded em in and bought stimpacks, much more usefull.

Any idea yet on when this is comeing out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone else think the previews show a game that's just like a large piece of DLC for Fallout 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

silvine wrote: »
    Anyone else think the previews show a game that's just like a large piece of DLC for Fallout 3?
    thats how it plays, but then thats also what obsidian are good at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I really wouldn't even mind if it was just like Fallout 3 DLC. That DLC was amazing, and I've only played through three of them so far, Broken Steel, Mothership Zeta and Point Lookout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any idea yet on when this is comeing out?
    Scráib wrote: »
    this is due for release in Q3 2010.

Q3 is up to the end of September.

EDIT: Q3 now extends into October apparently...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Its out October 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shuggana

Can't wait. Fallout 3 was a disappointment to me. Now I get to be a badass back on the west coast all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I never got round to getting fallout 3, cant help feeling im missing out.
    I just have too many unfinished games and not enough time for another one.
    Its definitely one i plan to get in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Once you get Broken Steel to un-ghey the ending, FO3 is really quite good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just pick up the GOTY edition. The full game and €50 worth of DLC for quite cheap I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

I got the PC GOTY edition in GAME for €25, but you can get it on Amazon for €15.

Advertisement