Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

got the corporate pricing on this at €265 ex vat which puts it at the most expensive phone bar the iphone. Seen as though I can get a HTC desire for €150 I can't in any justify getting a phone with less complete OS for €115 more.

As someone says android does suffer from fragmentation but even 1.6 will propably offer a more complete experience then this build of win 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

For which phone there's about 10 of them :)

For which phone there's about 10 of them :)

the HD7

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

More than 10 phones are launched but sadly none of them have front camera, its really sad , i was waiting for wm7 for longtime :(

ah well what do you expect on a launch phones. neither iPhone or Android were what they are now at launch. they had a few key revolutionary USP's. Guess we will have to wait and see whats gonna happen with WP7 in the future

tbh im very disappointed with the HD7 cause it doesn't offer me anything new beside the os and new design regarding owning a hd2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

no stock in either henry st or mary st stores at 9am this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

beanian wrote: »

Did they say when they would? Any idea of pricing? Will they just have the LG Optimus? Cheers.

got a call from o2 mary st about an hour ago. they received some stock. just picked one up.
    Looks awesome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

You lucky bugger! I'm with vodafone bill pay until march. Is it possible to buy one unlocked with o2?

no they are locked to o2. I tried my meteor sim in it and its asking for an unlock code.

oh and it's the 16gb version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

got a call from o2 mary st about an hour ago. they received some stock. just picked one up.
    Looks awesome:D

Let us know how you get on with it. :)

oh and "Bastard!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Many of the smaller stores are only getting one in stock for now.. picked up mine in Nenagh this morning, so far so good!

I've had a good look and there's definitely no microSD card (that is easily accessible) on the HD7, but there is definitely 16GB built in so that will do me.

Gotta get back to work but will have a play with it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

ah well what do you expect on a launch phones. neither iPhone or Android were what they are now at launch. they had a few key revolutionary USP's. Guess we will have to wait and see whats gonna happen with WP7 in the future

tbh im very disappointed with the HD7 cause it doesn't offer me anything new beside the os and new design regarding owning a hd2

these things look small but these small things do make the difference, all the phones launched are heavy weight in there specs. front cam is now basic component of a phone even yahoo launched there video call services for android as well

masker wrote: »
    front cam is now basic component of a phone even yahoo launched there video call services for android as well

not really, most android phones don't have a front facing camera.

Truthfully people are ugly and I have no interest in seeing who I'm talking too. I had the feature over 4 years ago and didn't use it and I probably never will either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

yeah metro design works nice with this app :)

any one know did any shops have dummy phones to mess around with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmm, I am very strongly considering selling my iPhone 4 and getting the HD7. As long as the media player is decent, the 360 side of things is enticing me. Looks lovely running too

well they had 777 apps in store on launch day :)

thats nearly the same whats on wm market now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Dunno if it's been said before here but Three, E Mobile and Meteor will be getting the Samsung Omnia 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/windowsphone7/Omnia7.html
    http://www.three.ie/shop/offers/microsoft/samsung-omnia-7-offer.htm

Only on Three's website so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did MS say when the WiFi on win7 phones will be able to connect to hidden ssid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Did MS say when the WiFi on win7 phones will be able to connect to hidden ssid

Wouldn't that be illegal?

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be illegal?

no. My router doesn't broadcast its ssid. Its just another security step for routers.

EDIT: marketplace isn't working for be either

thats why i still preffer windows mobile :) its more practical :) WP7 = iOS

dumbed down OS for hill billy's concentrating around apps rather than practicality

did you enter your live ID details?
    EDIT: marketplace isn't working for be either

went in to an o2 shop today and their all sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Got the Samsung Omnia 7 this morning. I'll have a full review ready hopefully sometime over the weekend.

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Got the Samsung Omnia 7 this morning. I'll have a full review ready hopefully sometime over the weekend.

could you check if the marketplace is working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Gummy Panda.
    Please follow the below KB Article if you are receiving an error with Activation Code required
    Ring MS support 1850940940

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431699

Bulktohulk

Where did you pick up a Samsung Omnia 7, as I have been looking everyone for one

ah ffs. activation crap like on iPhone too :S

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

No activation is only required to connect to the windows live ID, for marketplace, zune, xbox. You can still make phone calls and browse the web and receive sms messages, unlike iphone you cannot do anything without activateing via itunes

Yeah but still annoying

• Advertisement

I don't think its an activation issue as I can download apps if I search for them. I get an error message when I try to load the home screen for the app market.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement