Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GTI if you go into setting and through location settings set your phone to English (Ireland ) or Ireland. That will solve it. I think the O2 HD7's are programmed the same as in England hence the setting for GB

Ive made this change and rebooted the phone, it is still defaulting to united kingdom?!?!

I wonder whether it is my WINDOWSLIVE setting, as I had to log in rprior to selecting setting up the credit card, only I cant for the life of me find where I would change them!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Go to billing.microsoft.com and sign in with the email and password you used. On the personal information screen it will tell you which country you are in. Unfortunately their is no way to change the country of a Windows Live Account

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Has anybody gotten NoDo through a normal update (i.e. not using one of the tricks to force it)? I'm getting a little fed up of waiting and starting to consider flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

liamog wrote: »
    Go to billing.microsoft.com and sign in with the email and password you used. On the personal information screen it will tell you which country you are in. Unfortunately their is no way to change the country of a Windows Live Account

it says ireland in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

stevenmu wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten NoDo through a normal update (i.e. not using one of the tricks to force it)? I'm getting a little fed up of waiting and starting to consider flashing.

Got it recently on O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Down South wrote: »
    Got it recently on O2
    Me too. I did the update on Saturday afternoon. It took a while though so don't start it if you're expecting calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

stevenmu wrote: »

Got it about two weeks ago on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got my phone back and Meteor reset the software to original out of the box. Lazy bastards couldnt put on the NoDo one :S

Just as i turned it on i got an update for 7008 and wont give me NoDo :S

Back to ****ing around with the non sense again to get NoDo back :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Extremely annoying. :(

I just dont understand why wont i get the notification since it says on Wheres my update page that Emobile and Meteor is delivering the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I just dont understand why wont i get the notification since it says on Wheres my update page that Emobile and Meteor is delivering the update.

Are ya missing your HD2 now? :P I'm developing stuff for WP7 on mine now and all :D

I always missed the HD2 :D i missed it about two weeks after i got the HD7 :) Got bored and had nothing to do :D

I would buy an Android phone to keep my tinkering habbits happy but dont wanna get Nexus S or Desire S now cause I want some dual core delight :)

Though still prefer WP7 for day to day use. Android is more of a hobby :)

Also the fact that all my gave saves are gone are pissing me off.

I already got bored of a few games after i lost the settings in the start cause i flashed a new rom. Now after finishing most of them im at the start again.

I cant understand why cant they do back ups and restore certain settings. I could have flashed a new rom myself....Gonna have to flash back to XENJK1 cause the radio control isnt great on the stock rom.

Giving out to WindowsPhoneSupport now :) Will ring up meteor when im working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I always missed the HD2 :D i missed it about two weeks after i got the HD7 :) Got bored and had nothing to do :D

I would buy an Android phone to keep my tinkering habbits happy but dont wanna get Nexus S or Desire S now cause I want some dual core delight :)

Though still prefer WP7 for day to day use. Android is more of a hobby :)

Also the fact that all my gave saves are gone are pissing me off.

I already got bored of a few games after i lost the settings in the start cause i flashed a new rom. Now after finishing most of them im at the start again.

I cant understand why cant they do back ups and restore certain settings. I could have flashed a new rom myself....Gonna have to flash back to XENJK1 cause the radio control isnt great on the stock rom.

Giving out to WindowsPhoneSupport now :) Will ring up meteor when im working :)

Here's a suggestion; keep your WP7 phone but get yourself an Android tablet (one of them fancy new Samsung dealios perhaps); there's no end to the tinkering possible with those. Meanwhile you'll still have a working and practical phone!

Im still waiting to see what will Windows 8 will bring with tablet support.

I wouldnt mind a Samsung 10.1 but just the scary fact that there are so few apps on the market for tablets just makes me want to go for the iPad :)

Btw to some one who was getting annoying getting results for UK instead of Ireland.

Go to settings > Region and Language > Scroll down the whole way down. And change English (United Kingdom) to English (Ireland) i think thats the thing you were looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'm actually really looking forward to Windows 8. Here's hoping that Microsoft will pull off something spectacular with it. :)

Until then, my Windows Phone 7 and Windows 7 PC will do me grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Sunjava

I just got my HTC HD7 yesterday. I've downloaded a few apps, IMDB, wiki, Facebook, BBC news etc. However when I go back into marketplace all my downloaded apps are listed and state that they require attention. When I click on them I get the message- Can't get this information at the moment, check again in a little while.

What is the problem, what should I do? Thanks

Same here. Lets just hope all this time their taking they will bring in a fully featured finger friendly OS. Dont wanna have a feature tablet OS on the launch. Need a fully featured one that can do everything a PC can, just easier on a tablet :)

Make sure your internet connection is decent.

I had this quite alot on original firmware. But on NoDo seem to have went away with the Marketplace bug fixes. My fix was to remove or un install the app and then just try to install it then. Had to do all my games on by one cause still no notification for NoDo :S

I got that alot today too :S

Did you update your phone to the latest firmware via Zune?

Cant for the sake of my life jailbreak the phone anymore. Some port is blocking the access :S

Now i cant instal any homebrew software or reg editors :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Cant for the sake of my life jailbreak the phone anymore. Some port is blocking the access :S

Now i cant instal any homebrew software or reg editors :(
    ah Android is calling you back I tells ya ;)

ah Android is calling you back I tells ya ;)

Nah im just using Chewron Updater to force NoDo :) Still a bummer couldnt get the jailbreak to work :S

• Advertisement

I was sent what I assume was a picture message by a mate yesterday. The message shows up with a link saying "Get media content now" but when I click on it nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Malice wrote: »
    I was sent what I assume was a picture message by a mate yesterday. The message shows up with a link saying "Get media content now" but when I click on it nothing happens. Any suggestions?

what phone is it?

what phone is it?
    It's a HTC HD 7.

Wrong reply :D

Answered below :)

Wait some while and try connecting over wifi. I had the same problem and it just went away eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Sunjava wrote: »
    I just got my HTC HD7 yesterday. I've downloaded a few apps, IMDB, wiki, Facebook, BBC news etc. However when I go back into marketplace all my downloaded apps are listed and state that they require attention. When I click on them I get the message- Can't get this information at the moment, check again in a little while.

What is the problem, what should I do? Thanks

This happens with certain apps that require you to be connected to internet via wifi or zune.

Wait some while and try connecting over wifi. I had the same problem and it just went away eventually.
    Okay, I'll try that later on. It's a bit strange that if it's a connection problem it doesn't say so or in fact give any message to go on.

http://wmpoweruser.com/nodo-update-to-samsung-omnia-7s-halted/

Nodo update for Samsung removed. Again. Damn Samsung causes most problems of all phones

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

http://wmpoweruser.com/nodo-update-to-samsung-omnia-7s-halted/

Nodo update for Samsung removed. Again. Damn Samsung causes most problems of all phones

I received the nodo update on my omnia 7 about 3 weeks ago without any issues, is this just some older versions or unlocked phones?

I don't know what way. I think it was only removed a couple of weeks ago. As I was saying before I couldn't get the update even though it was said it was delivering and some users got it a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Anyone else with an Optimus 7 notice a squeak in the top left corner of the screen when pressed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement