Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

They are flying! Way to go guys! Keep it up! I wish they could hear me though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Am gutted that I won't be able to see the team in Kerry today, have had to go to Dublin. This race is more exciting than the tDF! So come on lads there's tons of support for you!

Passed a solo rider near Firies about 8.30 last night, couldn't see who it was.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,737 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Through TS10 in 36h 38m - 1,030.6km at 28.1kph
    Renegade seem to have had a good night, and are now 1h 51m ahead of them

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,737 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Team RPM seem to be getting pretty close - only 12 mins down at the last checkpoint

Looks like they will be overtaking the last solo rider any time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Advertisement

Tweet, from about an hour ago

"Somewhere in Clare 35km past Ennis. Waiting for keV and Aidan to come back to base for a changeover. The boys are wrecked & so is the crew"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Team Boards went through TS11 at 12:01.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

This is definitely more exciting than any other race!

Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Unusual that the 1hr 51min gap remains exactly the same after stage into Limerick as it was into Kilkee.

The overall (website listed) times to date for both teams 401 & 402 do not tally.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here ... Go Renegade Go!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Oh no!
    On our way to Killarney. Messed up a bit due to lack of sleep. Looks like we might have lost our 2nd position as a result. This is tough!

• Advertisement

TomMc wrote: »

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here ... Go Renegade Go!:D

There's a thread over there if you want to cheer on the opponents;)

Peter is snotting all over northern irelAnd. He's very skilled
    It's raining even in the follow car
    Dreadful out there
    Blowing a bloody gale here
    The boys are wrecked & so is the crew
    This is tough!

Any volunteers for next year?

Me.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Beasty wrote: »

me

RAI website is confusing me.
    Third place RPM are currently in first as per times.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

I get the impression an extra driver or two wouldn't go amiss.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    RAI website is confusing me.
    Third place RPM are currently in first as per times.:confused:
    I think their cumulative time is from the previous checkpoint. It looks like they are a minute ahead of the boardsies

I suspect the organisers are feeling the strain a bit also!

You know despite having been invloved in Team Boards Wheelworx I have to admit this Race is a much bigger challenge than I could have imagined.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

penexpers wrote: »
    Oh no!
    On our way to Killarney. Messed up a bit due to lack of sleep. Looks like we might have lost our 2nd position as a result. This is tough!

Any body know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

I think the team have done a fantastic job toneven get to the start line....
    And I'm not underestimating how difficult the preparation / logistics / physical effort needed before & during the event....

But I still fancy a go at it!

So yes, me too.

• Advertisement

alfalad wrote: »
    Any body know what happened?
    I suspect a wrong turn ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If that's the case, I now have a great comeback if any of them mention the Mockler Race. ;)

el tonto wrote: »
    If that's the case, I now have a great comeback if any of them mention the Mockler Race. ;)

yellowcard.jpg
    :D:D:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Poor fellas.... that would be upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Poor fellas.... that would be upsetting.

Bound to happen at some stage, the hardest part (no offence to riders) is actually the pressure on the crew and navigators. It is just immense.

Their Facebook entry refers to "locations", and another possibilty I guess is they could have messed-up a changeover, failing to meet up at the right place and/or time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

I recall the relief as the car appeared in the distance and the frantic calls to see where they were. We had 3 nav errors I reckon lsoing us about half an hour in total.

One 10 miles from the finish! Navigation unbelievably hard esp when tired from what I saw.

Has anyone got any updates on the positions of the four man teams? The RAI website is proving useless.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

shaungil wrote: »
    I recall the relief as the car appeared in the distance and the frantic calls to see where they were. We had 3 nav errors I reckon lsoing us about half an hour in total.

One 10 miles from the finish! Navigation unbelievably hard esp when tired from what I saw.

I thought a garmin preloaded with the route would be a must?

• Advertisement

I guess communicating with the South West of the country is challenging at the best of times:)

I'm regularly checking the various tweets and facebook pages I am aware of, but they are no more up to date than the RAI website. As I said in an earlier post, it must be difficult for the organisers (who will have been on this round the clock since Sunday)

I think the Boards team must be near the next checkpoint now, so hopefully we'll get some more news soon ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement