Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Houston we have a flat tyre ...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RPM have gone through TS18 1h 58m behind Wheelworx/Boards

Hopefully the guys will be able to navigate their way through the Wicklow mountains ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Any update on ETA in Navan and sre they arriving back at Kennedy Road where they started? Hope to be there. Great achievement by team and crew

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

penexpers wrote: »
    Anyone guess what time they might be passing through Straffan at?

I was thinking of heading to Straffan, about 45mins from me.

They expect to be in Laragh at 9pm http://twitter.com/WheelworxBoards so I reckon 10.30-11 ish at Straffan (54km from Laragh)

sy wrote: »
    Any update on ETA in Navan and sre they arriving back at Kennedy Road where they started? Hope to be there. Great achievement by team and crew

No it's here: Finish: Navan Enterprise Center, Navan, Co. Meath

• Advertisement

They should soon be going through the last checkpoint, and Renegade should be coming into the finish, having passed through the last checkpoint at 17:40

We should get a pretty good idea of the time taken for the last stage by Renegade, and should then have a reasonable estimate of the Boards ETA

Finish is shown as Navan Enterprise Centre, which I believe is just off the Trim Road (not sure if this is where they started)

9.25 through Laragh, and into the final stage - I think I can safely say it's mostly downhill all the way now

I suspect they'll be in Navan between 12.30 and 1

One final push guys....

... and Renegade have just finished at 9.33 - the last leg was just under 4 hours which suggests the guys may be some time after 1, but I'll probably head over for 12 anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'll see you then Beasty. Thanks again for all the updates.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I feel dirty driving to Navan now. :D See you guys up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

C'mon lads - ye are flippin legends. Nearly there!

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz I can hardly feel my fingers or toes!!!! Just home from Straffan after seeing them sail through at 11.30pm. One rider and just one support car, the other car and camper must have gone a different route. I couldn't ID the rider, his light was so powerful. Waved my Boards jersey furiously and shouted a few words of cheeriness.

Hope all make it safely to Navan.

PS. Mrs. jimm thinks I've gone completely bonkers :)

The campervan is here
    Lumen is here
    Dirk is here

Hermy, the Taxman, sy and emtroche are here

The riders are still 15km away, so hopefully we'll see them in about 30 mins.

More to follow .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Chapeau All. Riders and Crew alike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Congrats lads, unimagineable effort

128016.JPG
    Crossing the finish line after 2100 kms!!
    128017.JPG
    Aidan

128018.JPG
    Tom

128019.JPG
    Kevin
    128020.JPG

Peter

Well done guys

Just home, having seen the guys cross the line at 1.25

Everyone (riders and crew) was in high spirits, although clearly exhausted. It's pretty clear none of them had any idea of what they were letting themselves in for when they started this adventure

Congratulations to all the riders and crew as well as the organisers and other teams involved in this great event.

Got to go now, as I have my own 500m race starting at 11 o'clock in the morning. Managed to scrounge some cakes off Caroline, which should help sustain me through the day

128021.JPG
    Nice hair Aidan!
    128022.JPG

Getting their medals for 2nd place
    128023.JPG
    Proud moment and Tom sporting his Boards jersey
    128024.JPG

Brothers

Champagne celebration
    128028.JPG
    Happy guys and can't wait to hear the stories!
    128026.JPG

128027.JPG
    Caroline, thanks for the cakes.

128025.JPG

Some of the (tired) crew Dirkvoodoo and Lumen.

• Advertisement

Caroline reveals her secret stash of "Cakes"
    128029.JPG

She then proceeds to generously distribute lots between Beasty, Hermy The tax man and myself. Thanks Caroline.

Nice to meet Beasty and Hermy tonight for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well done to team and crew; I have been following this epic with interest.

They ended up 2h 29m ahead of third placed RPM, finishing in a total time of 77h 20m. The website shows an average speed of 27.2kph, but based on a race distance od 2,160km I calculate it to be 27.9kph

I suspect they're all asleep now, but look forward to their reports once they have had a chance to get some rest and try to recount exactly what they have gone through over the last 3 and a half days....

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Well done everyone, a great achievement, legends all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

+1 . Great excitement following progress. Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Well done all!!!!!

Lumen and Dirk seem more tired than the riders :D

It's a great achievement and you should all be proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Well done everyone on a brilliant performance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

sy wrote: »
    128027.JPG
    Caroline, thanks for the cakes.

+1:D

EDIT: And thanks for the Boards sticker.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Savage - well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Congrats guys. Great achievement!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement