Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    There will be no cakes left.

Do you prefer Cadbury's Rolls or French Fancies? We may have some to spare :P
    So there will be no Cadbury's Rolls left for me, but ROK ON gets offered Franch Fancies as well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    So there will be no Cadbury's Rolls left for me, but ROK ON gets offered Franch Fancies as well:rolleyes:

The offer was for 100suns! :P

However, I shall personally cook you a cake, Beasty.

Rok On: we must organise a French Fancy hand-off in Kenmare.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The offer was for 100suns! :P

Sorry Raam, I'd forgotten about that "special" supply
    @ROK ON, if you take up the offer make sure you have toilet facilities within 10 minutes and that you will not need to go through doping control over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

ROK ON wrote: »
    Keep me a fancy and I may help you as you come thru Kerry:D
    Choc or Pink one. You can keep the yellow ones.

BACK AWAY from the French Fancies. When the hallucinations start, probably around the Ring of Kerry, the French Fancies are all that we may have to keep us tethered to reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

niceonetom wrote: »
    Bad news, team-mates. Those boxes turned out to be a lot emptier than we first thought. Some of them have nothing at all in them except empty wrappers. :confused:

In completely unrelated news I seem to have suddenly become quite obese and now have type 2 diabetes.

...and to think I thought you were joking...

picture.php?albumid=917&pictureid=7313

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

The very best of luck to you all and chapeau for stepping up to the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Boosterseat

The very best of luck to you all - stay safe and bring home the bacon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

anyone going to the solo and 2 ppl team start tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Just made up 5 litres of energy gel. Got a bit carried away. Still, there's absolutely no chance of anyone going hungry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Just made up 5 litres of energy gel. Got a bit carried away. Still, there's absolutely no chance of anyone going hungry. :D

Well done!

Purely in the name of science, I challenge you to find out how long an adult human male can subsist on home-made gel and nothing else, using yourself as the test subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

best of luck guys, I have a feeling you are going to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Lumen wrote: »

I could have done with about a litre of it yesterday as I cramped my way round the Achill Roar cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

100Suns wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out for you. Hopefully there will be good turnout to see them off.

If I've read the info properly, it's Tues evening that the 4 person teams set off.
    Hope to make it out to Navan to cheer on Team Boards.ie/Wheelworx.

Best of luck guys.

I've moved some posts to the general race thread. Could we try and keep this thread to the exploits of Team Wheelworxs/Boards.ie

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Good luck to all

the twitter link on original post appears not to be working? any information available to follow race / team on twitter?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Good luck to all

the twitter link on original post appears not to be working? any information available to follow race / team on twitter?

This is their new Twitter feed.

127419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sahweeeet!

New blog post up on our site. It's for you lot. :)

Do you feel the love? I feel the love... I LOVE YOU BOARDS.IE Cycling Forum!

• Advertisement

Good luck to all of you - the riders will be taking the brunt of it over the next few days and I'm sure the support crew will not be getting much in the way of breaks during the race either. Well done to you all for bringing it this far - just the small matter of those 2,100km or so now.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get over to the start tomorrow as I'm off to see Wayne's World over in Manchester (he kicks off just before you guys). However I'm currently trying to keep Friday clear of appointments, as I would love to see you all come in at the end.

(PS - look out for those red lights - they penalise you for jumping them;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

So, what time is the start tomorrow. Anyone planing to cycle out from Dublin to see the lads off?

snollup wrote: »
    So, what time is the start tomorrow. Anyone planing to cycle out from Dublin to see the lads off?

The start is at 8PM
    The Racearound ireland website has more info on location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

snollup wrote: »

I am planning on heading out to Navan (in full new Boards kit) to see them off.

What time and from where are you leaving Dublin? Papal cross, Phoenix Park would be a good meeting point if anyone interested.

Would be great to have a sizeable bunch in Boards jerseys to cheer for the lads

Don't forget lights for the return home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

jimm wrote: »

What time and from where are you leaving Dublin? Papal cross, Phoenix Park would be a good meeting point if anyone interested.

What time would we need to meet up top make it out on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Good luck to all involved. Looking forward to the pictures / accounts to come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

jimm wrote: »

Jimm,I heading up so if you're biking up I'll join you. The park would be a good starting point. I no idea how long it would take to get there,nor what route, so couldn't advise on a meeting time. Obviously I'd like to be up there well before the gang heads off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Best of luck tomorrow guys!!!!! I am sure you will do great! And most important of all, enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Kick ass doods !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Best of luck to riders and crew.
    Real sorry I can't join ye this time.
    Have a blast.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement