Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You missed the 75% off Steam offer where they were all on sale for like 8 euro at the weekend.

I'm a console pleb so I'll be playing it on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A tweet earlier form Levine gives the release times.
    Approximate release times for #EpisodeTwo tom'w:
    Xbox 360: 5AM EDT
    PC: 1-3PM EDT
    PSN NA: 3-7 PM EDT
    PSN Europe/Asia: Wednesday

So won't have it till tomorrow myself which is fine with me to be honest. Dark Souls and Infamous have stopped me from getting MGS as it is! :P

I'm a console pleb so I'll be playing it on the 360.

Try g2a for cheaper codes for x360

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone play through the latest DLC?

Had a lot of fun with the game, was a nice change although I will say the peeping tom plasmid was a way overpowered when you got the mods for it.

Story wise - You certainly get the feeling this is the end of Bioshock. Does a lot to tie up things you probably didn't even think needed to be looked at.

The score is great in this too. Kind of makes me want to play through Infinite again.

Surely I'm not the only one to play it!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone play through the latest DLC?

Had a lot of fun with the game, was a nice change although I will say the peeping tom plasmid was a way overpowered when you got the mods for it.

Story wise - You certainly get the feeling this is the end of Bioshock. Does a lot to tie up things you probably didn't even think needed to be looked at.

The score is great in this too. Kind of makes me want to play through Infinite again.

Surely I'm not the only one to play it!? :p

Finished it last night and yeah it definitely wrapped up the bioshock universe alright. The stealthier gameplay was a nice change of pace when playing as Elizabeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Finished it up there, fantastic end to irrational games. They really can weave a story together and make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

started Burial at Sea yesterday and have started into the 2nd part, fantastic storytelling

recyclops wrote: »
    Finished it up there, fantastic end to irrational games. They really can weave a story together and make it work.
    Completed it last night....
    It made original Bioshock more relevant again, with all the parallel universes from Infinite etc.. Elizabeth death was for the greater good so that Jack could come back and destroy Fointaine. Loved how they explained all the similarities between both worlds, it was easier to understand the plasmid links / Big Daddy etc...
    Oh and seeing how Suchoung died on the table..an epic flashback form the first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

What's the cheapest way to get the Burial at Sea DLC on PC? I'm not interested in the other stuff but I do want to play through some more Rapture again and the short play time really doesn't bother me.

the cheapest I can find is €12.62 until the sales start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Skerries wrote: »
    the cheapest I can find is €12.62 until the sales start

That's not bad, I wouldn't mind paying that. Is there a summer sale due soonish though? I've got plenty to keep me busy for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

is that the cheapest for the season pass 12 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished the DLC last night. Great ending to a great series of games.

Think I need to find something more upbeat to play now though,
    the horrible bleakness of Rapture and Elizabeth's ending would get you down!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Quick jump in here to say that the dlc episodes are currently selling on psn store for an user reasonable 4.50 each.

Until the 4th Feb it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

noodler wrote: »
    Quick jump in here to say that the dlc episodes are currently selling on psn store for an user reasonable 4.50 each.

Until the 4th Feb it says.

Nice one man. cheaper than I got em on steam for. Just requoting for followup

I just want to say, although late to the party, that I played through the DLC recently and.. Wow... Just wow.

I loved infinite but those of you didn't should still play this DLC, it's the most amazingly out together thing I think I have ever played in terms of the narrative.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but I'm still in awe at how the whole thing was written.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found the first DLC to be quite poor but the second one was great, I enjoyed it a lot more than the main game in fact. Not sure about the writing. Ken Levine retconning part everyone complained about in the main game was heavy handed and really badly done. The rest didn't excuse how poor the original games story was either.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Found the first DLC to be quite poor but the second one was great, I enjoyed it a lot more than the main game in fact. Not sure about the writing. Ken Levine retconning part everyone complained about in the main game was heavy handed and really badly done. The rest didn't excuse how poor the original games story was either.

The original story wasn't poor at all.

The retconning was extremely well done.

Brilliantly I'd argue. Considering the gap between both games in terms of release dates, a really smashing job was done.

Couldn't recommend Infinite and the DLC more highly. If only all games with a narrative focus could build to such a crescendo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I think if you look at both dlcs as a complete package you will apreciate them more. Especially if you were invested in the world of BioShock 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Is there any way to check how many hours into the game I am, or what percentage?

• Advertisement

Is there any way to check how many hours into the game I am, or what percentage?

From what I can remember.. I think so

What platform?

Steam can tell you how long you have played.

If it's on console you might be able to tell from looking at the save files under 'Load Game'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    From what I can remember.. I think so

What platform?

Steam can tell you how long you have played.

If it's on console you might be able to tell from looking at the save files under 'Load Game'

Thanks for that, but I've actually stopped playing it. Great story, fantastic atmosphere and an entertaining combat system, but I find running around searching cabinets to be utterly tedious (yet without doing that you're missing out on some of what the game has to offer). I can see why it's such a highly regarded game, but it's just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thanks for that, but I've actually stopped playing it. Great story, fantastic atmosphere and an entertaining combat system, but I find running around searching cabinets to be utterly tedious (yet without doing that you're missing out on some of what the game has to offer). I can see why it's such a highly regarded game, but it's just not for me.

I too personally did not enjoy it, I found it's story over reaching and the gameplay too linear and the Weapons and Plasmids to be too numerous an useless for the most part. Did not feel like I was rocking a good load-out that suited me at any point. Picked up the season pass stupidly at launch as I am a big fan of the series so at least I can go back and play the Underwater DLC that is apparently more my taste. Not a terrible game at all by any means, just not the coming messiah it was lorded as at launch IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The original story wasn't poor at all.

I thought it was the worst of the 3 bioshocks. The scenery and backdrop for the story were amazing, but the characters and story itself did nothing for me.

I've yet to go back and replay Bioshock infinite, whereas I've probably done Bioshock 2 3 times and Bioshock a good 5 or 6 over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The 2 DLC packs really make the story and link it up more to Bioshock 1 and 2. The game is all the better for it imo. The DLC would not work if it was included with the game though as you are not really you in the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I finished it last week, really enjoyed it for the most part. If I was to be critical, I'd say that too many of the vigors dont make an appearance until late in the game, the weapons are very samey yet have seperate upgrades (machine gun and repeater, shotgun and the other one where the name escapes me - a bit cheap seeing as cash is so hard to come by for upgrades.)

I was surprised at how little the songbird actually featured in it - from the reviews I read back at launch, i thought he was akin to the tyrant in Resident Evil - always chasing you, but in reality you never battle him one on one.

The story was great though - but you really do need to invest the time in finding as many voxophones as possible to flesh out the backstory and supporting characters. I though the ending was a genuine shocker and had me heading for wikis to see what kind of dicussions there was on it.

In my opinion, a good game will leave you thinking about how it all wrapped up, long after you've put the controller down, this is exactly how I was with bioshock infinite.

I finished it last week, really enjoyed it for the most part. If I was to be critical, I'd say that too many of the vigors dont make an appearance until late in the game, the weapons are very samey yet have seperate upgrades (machine gun and repeater, shotgun and the other one where the name escapes me - a bit cheap seeing as cash is so hard to come by for upgrades.)

I was surprised at how little the songbird actually featured in it - from the reviews I read back at launch, i thought he was akin to the tyrant in Resident Evil - always chasing you, but in reality you never battle him one on one.

The story was great though - but you really do need to invest the time in finding as many voxophones as possible to flesh out the backstory and supporting characters. I though the ending was a genuine shocker and had me heading for wikis to see what kind of dicussions there was on it.

In my opinion, a good game will leave you thinking about how it all wrapped up, long after you've put the controller down, this is exactly how I was with bioshock infinite.

Wait til you play the DLC.

Now little one, do you know what a Transorbital Labotomy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wait til you play the DLC.

Now little one, do you know what a Transorbital Labotomy is?

I never played the DLC, I haven't got Infinite anymore as I had it on 360 which I sold, I might grab it on PC and play it, loved Infinite and BioShock 1, was not a fan of 2 though....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I never played the DLC, I haven't got Infinite anymore as I had it on 360 which I sold, I might grab it on PC and play it, loved Infinite and BioShock 1, was not a fan of 2 though....

2 is a perfectly fine game for me with the DLC Minerva;s Den particularly good.

Its not necessary for your enjoyment of the Burial at Sea DLC though.

• Advertisement

Yeah the DLC for this is one of those that needs to be played and definitely adds to the game

Advertisement