Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fakman87 wrote: »
    So I looked further into this and it seems to be a bug that some people get. I downloaded this game from the psn, so if I delete the game file but keep the save file, will i still have to restart the game?

I really don't think its a bug tbh.

I have the disc version for what its worth.

I just think sounds your character is facing are given prominence and fade if you turn your back on them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the downloadable version too, I hear no problems with it at all.
    Check your audio settings in the main PS menu, make sure the speaker set up is as it should be.
    If you look at a character, particularly one that isn't critical to the story, you'll hear dialogue but if you look away they grow silent, mission critical conversation should be always heard.

Once you "own" the game, even if it was free, you can delete it and download it again as long as it remains available on the PSN store, so if you reckon it's a bug just delete it and download it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Took a break from Dayz and finished Part 1 of the DLC, Buried at Sea.
    I must say I have no idea what happened in the story.
    Is it just me or is everybody else complete lost as well.:(
    Is part 2 out soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Yeah I was wrong lads, I started replaying the last of us today and noticed that i was also missing dialogue in this, although it wasnt as bad as bioshock infinite.

Finally invested in some sony headphones so looking forward to hearing games as they were intended to be heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Thank Christ for PS+ as I almost bought this game. My god it's awful, much worse then uncharted 3 for doing the same thing over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

I'm downloading it now on PS+ I loved the first bioshock and second one was ok..looking forward to this especially considering the price ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

jones wrote: »
    I'm downloading it now on PS+ I loved the first bioshock and second one was ok..looking forward to this especially considering the price ha
    The best thing about BioShock 2 was the DLC, Minerva's Den. The story of the first was obviously better than 2, but I think 2 is underrated. It improved the game mechanics from the first, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

Suppose it didn't have the surprise factor the first one had...

RasTa wrote: »
    Thank Christ for PS+ as I almost bought this game. My god it's awful, much worse then uncharted 3 for doing the same thing over and over.

Played Dishonoured right after Infinite and agree the gameplay is average as hell by comparison (you gotta play on hard btw people!).

But this game is about the awesome story, perfectly imagined setting, and awesome characters/voice acting.

I still think it is a thing of beauty in more ways than one. The shooting bits just feel slightly forced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, Infinite is worth for the story and setting alone; it's rare I've been in such awe of a setting in a video-game as I was with Columbia. But yes, the actual gameplay is godawful and really got in the way of the story & location. I do wonder if Ken Levine would have leant on the FPS mechanics so much were he not so beholden to the pressure of sales and mass-market appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

I never play FPS so the mechanics didn't bother me that much but Infinite is my favourite game of the generation. Such a while realised location...it felt really alive...loved the story...where else would yu get stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeetVdwnRgQ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Infinite is beautiful looking and the story is both complex and consistent, the only crime the gameplay makes is being merely solid and not as stunning s the rest of the game.
    I am playing Dishonored right now and finding it a little disappointing, expecting something as good as Thief and it's sequel but it's simply not.
    It looks beautiful though, but no better than Infinite.
    Both take a back seat to Dark Souls though.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Infinite is beautiful looking and the story is both complex and consistent, the only crime the gameplay makes is being merely solid and not as stunning s the rest of the game.
    I am playing Dishonored right now and finding it a little disappointing, expecting something as good as Thief and it's sequel but it's simply not.
    It looks beautiful though, but no better than Infinite.
    Both take a back seat to Dark Souls though.

God, couldn't disagree more.

Disnoured is about ten times more fun to play than Infinite.

Powers that actually have multiple functions, more freedom of movement, stelath kills, etc etc. Haven't played Thief though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Infinite is beautiful looking and the story is both complex and consistent, the only crime the gameplay makes is being merely solid and not as stunning s the rest of the game. [...]

The heft of the shooting was solid enough, but I think the core gameplay was shockingly repetitive after a time. Once I realized each area was just a series of locked rooms, with the same enemy combos funneled at me 'til the barrier was lifted, I quickly lost interest. The game was crying out for a change in pace or a set-piece or two to keep things varied between the story. It wasn't broken as such, just incredibly underwhelming.

If you want beautiful visuals coupled with gameplay of dung you'd really have to look to David Cages output, Heavy Rain and Beyond:Two Souls to get that.

If you want beautiful visuals coupled with gameplay of dung you'd really have to look to David Cages output, Heavy Rain and Beyond:Two Souls to get that.

Played Heavy Rain over Xmas, straoght after Bioshock.

Voice acting was much poorer by comparison, or at least for some of the characters, but it was still a very good experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think the problem with David Cages games is the gameplay. It's more that for games that focus so much on storyline they are some of the worst written stuff I've unfortunately experienced. The exception would be Beyond: Two Souls which manages to suck on both a gameplay and story level.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh FFS....tricked by a Bioshock game again!!!

Was only saying the other day that 1 had a twist and i never copped it until the end, i knew this has a twist only copped it right at the very end. When like 1 its clearly in front of you the entire time.

dammit!!!

DLC #2 releasing next week; I quite enjoyed the first one (Weapon wheel return in particular).

This one looks to be more substantial in terms of content;

Note: Haven't watch this myself but beware of spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 listen_lady

Anyone notice that the Elizabeth in "Burial at Sea" has a pinky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone notice that the Elizabeth in "Burial at Sea" has a pinky?

Well she would as
    she was never dragged into the tear thus never caused the events of the 1st game

pay attention man :D

Altho you did and spotted that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 listen_lady

But
    her powers came from having her finger left behind in her native reality
    and
    she obviously has her powers (and her little finger) in the Burial at Sea reality
    . I just find it curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is the DLC out today in Europe?

It's getting good reviews.

tok9 wrote: »
    Is the DLC out today in Europe?

It's getting good reviews.

Ohh must look it up, I believe it's worldwide release;

8.8 IGN big Improvement on DLC #1 apparently.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ohh must look it up, I believe it's worldwide release;

8.8 IGN big Improvement on DLC #1 apparently.

If by DLC 1 you mean Burial at Sea part 1 then that is great news as I really enjoyed the 1st part too.

Wonder if this is much longer than that or roughly the same duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

If by DLC 1 you mean Burial at Sea part 1 then that is great news as I really enjoyed the 1st part too.

5 hours I believe

Nice.. has a great launch trailer

As did I, I'm going to play Part 1 again and then play 2nd straight after.
    More game-play content this time around apparently; I always play on Hard and take my time anyway so I have a feeling the Average person will be 5 on Normal Difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Is buying the season pass the cheapest way to get both parts of this?

• Advertisement

Is buying the season pass the cheapest way to get both parts of this?

You missed the 75% off Steam offer where they were all on sale for like 8 euro at the weekend.

Advertisement